RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: age of boolet caster's

45 soon.
    24 year wife. Shoots some and has her own pistols. She's not into rifles, but wants an AR.
    20 year old daughter, she's my shooting/hunting buddy.
    18 year old son, has own guns, but not much interest at the moment.
    I've been shooting most of my life.
    Kids started about 10.

Boolit Bub

age of bollit casters

71, one daughter, 2 granddaughters, 2greatgrandsons, didnot have to teach
    them guns & shooting, their fathers did that,retired in nov.98

enjoy bollit casting, shooting, reloading.anything to do with guns.
    Biggun

Boolit Master
    63 and retired with one son who doesn't care about shooting and a son-in-law,a daughter, and a grandson who love to shoot. Daughter is five feet tall, weighs about 95 pounds and will run me out of 45 ball any chance she gets.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

30, wife does not like to shot but does know her way around the a gun. no kids. hunt with one of my uncle's, brother in law, and a 15 year old nephew. have a 7 year old nephew who wants to shot one of my muzzleloaders

Boolit Master

Almost 43

But some times I feel like I am 85 going on 86

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

45 years old, 9 and 10 yr old daughters. They are not heavily into firearms, but they do enjoy going to the range with me a couple of times a summer. They like knocking over the 1/5th scale metallic silhouettes with a 22 rimfire from the bench.

-ktw

Boolit Mold
    I'm 41, Dad is 58, I have two boys 21 and 17, My bother is 37, he has a son that is 12. We all love guns of all sorts, shoot as often as possible, and hunt everything from prairy dogs to elk. Dad started us young I would guess around 7 or 8. And my brother and I did the same with our boys. We all reload, I just started casting, and before its over I'm sure that Dad, and my brother will get into it too. (I do have them scrounging lead for me though Haha) My youngest and I just finished trimming, primer pocket swaging, and loading 1200 military .223 for the upcoming prairy dog season. We both got new varmit guns for Christmas, and cant wait for spring to come to Wyoming.

Boolit Grand Master

61, be 62 next month. Retired but still contracting training Marines and Army. Been shooting since I was 5. Started loading cast bullets when I was 15 for my 30-30. Started casting my own when I was 20. Have 1 son and 5 daughters. All shoot and all are living elsewhere. Shooting and casting my own bullets has been a wonderful hobby, sport and way of life....I wouldn't want it any other way.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master

52, been shooting since I was 8 and with God's help I will be shooting for quite a bit longer. Started reloading and casting in College due to being short on money. Having a good time learning more about casting here.

Mtgrs737

Boolit Master
    43, shooting for 25, reloading for 23, casting for 15, 1 16yo stepson hunter.

Boolit Buddy
    43! hope to make it another 40. What a great group of folks here, I look forward to reading the forum here. No controversy just allot of good folks with same interest. I have enjoyed everyones company.

Boolit Master
    58 here. Started loading in 1966 with a Lee shotgun loader. Remember my daughter counting up to 20 using .30-06 empties. She's 24 & graduated from UC Davis. So started casting 20 yrs. ago with some molds I got as a package deal. Been hooked ever since. too many guns, not enough time.

This site put the turbo boost into my casting learning curve.

Banned

i am 43 this year, most of the guys i see at the range are much older though

Boolit Master
    3 boys and a girl that have all moved out and started families of their own. All like to shoot. Had my wife, daughter and son-in-law out shooting yesterday. You should'a seen his face when he lit off the first round in my SBH .44 mag!!! He had never shot anything larger than 9mm before that.
    Wife shot her brand new to her .380 - WELL! (Thanks Swagerman!)
    Have 8 grandkids, ages 1 month to 14 years old. The 3 oldest look forward to going shooting whenever we get a chance to take them - and that is usually pretty often when the weather is nice.
    Because their parents love me, the grandkids will all at least be introduced to shooting and then they can make up their own minds.
    We also take a few "non-shooters" out each year - have not yet had even one, not leave with a smile on their face and a more positive outlook about shooting.

I'm the only one that casts or reloads, but both of the older grandsons love to help melt down the lead. Something about watching metal turning to liquid -
    and of course there is that fire thing!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

44 this year, daughter 21 who loves to shoot, wife of 23 years that shoots weekly whether I go or not. Only one in family that casts. Grandfather got me shooting at about 8, been reloading for about 25yrs, casting-- well still wet behind the ears, learning something new everyday, mainly from the great folks right here!
    Thanks
    Mike

Boolit Buddy

Angry

I got told last weekend by my wife I was 54. Always thought I was 53!! Funny how the mind works, I think my mind stopped aging about 28.
    Six kids with hers, mine and ours. Just got beat for the first time by my thirtenn y.o. daughter at 22 sillywet last weekend. Enough to make me weep.

Boolit Grand Master

55 years and counting. Don't plan to 'retire', just work less! Wife who is competent (can beat me when she tries) and two boys who are competent but less than interested - they think I am crazy. Oldest son in writing group with Dr. Brian Melton (Sherman's Forgotten General: Henry W. Slocum; University of Missouri Press, 07) and I will meet him within a couple of weeks. I'm taking my LeMat!

BTW, it's a good book. Pick one up if you are interested in history. It will help his sales.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Pushing 40, although my wife says I'll be six until the day I die.
    "Unnh, Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

Chuck

I am 57, will be 58 very shortly.

I started casting in 1964 and became a near full-time caster-reloader in 1979 when I got my S&W model 19 .357 and first Garand. Garand requires LOTS of ammo, I'm on my second Garand barrel!

The end of popularity of firearms in the U.S. most likely began with the shooting of highly popular and charismatic President John F Kennedy in November, 1963, then was fueled greatly by the shooting of brother Robert in June of 1968, and then perpetually re-invigorated by their politically powerful younger brother Ted Kennedy.
    Last edited by Linstrum; 03-20-2008 at 08:20 AM.
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm 40 with a 1 one year old boy. Starting shooting when I was 6 or 7, been reloading since I was 24, and started casting when I was 29. I see some shooters who are younger than me at the range, but very few of them reload and none know anything about casting.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast