Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: age of boolet caster's

Boolit Master
    43. Born on the 4th of July, not to be confused with the crappy movie.

Boolit Master
    60 in may,with two sons who shoot.one is on usaf 1.one that loves malls...
    my 19yr old daughter shoots with me all the time.

Boolit Master
    I'm 57 with 3 grown children, the older boy collects guns, loves to shoot, and hunts some. He doesn't reload and he doesn't cast boolits. The second boy is anti-hunting and to a lesser extent, anti hundgun, but does like to shoot rifles. He'll probably never buy a gun but would accept my Marlin M39A as a gift. My daughter could care less about guns, but she wouldn't object to me taking my granddaughter shooting or hunting, like I did with her when she was younger.

The average age of my gun club members is probably in the mid 40's and if you took out the LEO members, the average would probably be over 50. I'm afraid we may be a dying breed.
    Maineboy

Boolit Buddy
    57 this June, for me. I've got a 14 year old who has been shooting since third grade, but still hasn't become interested in casting yet (although he thinks it's pretty cool). I take him and his buddies shooting every chance I get. I'm still working, and building my wheelweight stash for those retirement years.

Boolit Master

I am about to turn 32 and have been shooting since 6 YO. My 5 YO is all into shooting! Thank God! My wife loves it and can't wait to get back on the trigger.

Boolit Master

63+ Started shooting when I was around 8, started competing at 12 (Boy Scout Smallbore Team), started coaching/teaching at 18 (same Smallbore Team). and have been involved in some manner ever since.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Mold
    20 and just getting started into casting.

Boolit Master

57 and cast my first round ball on the kitchen stove 46 years ago.
    Last edited by square butte; 04-16-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Boolit Buddy

51 with 7 grown children(counting stepkids) with 2 more at home 11 &9. Seven are shooters the 9yr old the youngest.
    Blkpwdrbuff

Boolit Grand Master

cuemily,

Welcome to the only legitimate addiction. You'll llike it here and learn a lot from these folks. Sure wish there had been a forum like this when I got started.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

58, been shooten since age 6, thanks to grandad, didn't get started reloading/casting until age 26, have 1 daughter, 36 that loves to shoot and 2 grandaughters 11 and 15 both love to shoot. The 15 yo does the CAS with me and my wife.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Master

I'm 38 and have been shooting since I could handle a gun. My girlfriend is a shooter as well.
    I learned the basics of casting from helping my father. I learned how to properly cast from this site and others.

I'm a firm believer in these statements: Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    and If you make guns a crime then only criminals will have guns, the rest of us will be defenseless.

Boolit Mold
    Tom 54, Retired this last year because of health issues. Just started casting, my wife Anita and I have two grown children. We all shoot and hunt, its a great family sport!!

I'm 41 and have been interested in shooting since I was a kid. Dad wasn't a shooter so I really didn't get started until I bought my first 10/22 at 17. I have two daughters, 12 and 9. The 12 year old likes everything from collecting WWs to shooting my guns as well as her 4. The 9 year old could NOT care less about guns even though I have offered to buy her one any time she wants.

38 years young, Been shooting and collecting guns since I was 12. Now my 11 year old son is getting into it with his new Henry 22LR.

48 this year. Come from a family of non shooters, but got my Old Man into it for about 10 years when I was 16! Wife dosen't shoot and pretty much has no idea what I have - makes it easy to slip in a new one - like she does with her dresses!
    One daughter who will be 20 this year and is now at University to become a teacher. Was shooting up until she left for uni, has been shooting since she was about 4.
    Must say it is good not to be the youngest on here but there ain't too many younger and that is a concern - there are a lot of people missing out out there!
    Do, or do not. There is no try.
    Yoda

Boolit Bub
    38 been shooting for 20+ years. Love to take a new person out to the range to ease their fear of guns by showing them proper technique and handling of a firearm. Also like to take my nephews and nieces. Getting ready to have my first child and plan on teaching him right.

Boolit Bub
    27 years old. Been casting for two.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I just turned 55 this month. I've been shooting all of my life but I'm just getting into casting. I've got three grandsons that I'm teaching as I'm learning.

Boolit Mold
    46, shooting just 2 years. Casting from the start

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast