RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Wideners
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Bannister has passed on

Vendor Sponsor
    When we helped Bruce move from Winnemucca to Reno he gave me his copy of "U.S. Rifle M14 from John Garand to the M21" by R. Blake Stevens. He was a generous man and I will miss him.

From the first time we met whenever he told his stories of life in the NW Territories and other adventures I came away thinking "this must be what a conversation with Hemingway or TR must have been like". I will forever be left with the vision of Bruce putting a lodgepole through the front windows of an International Harvester Travelall so that he could "come-along" a woods bison into the back for the trip home! Or of him standing polar bear guard at night in camp with a M14 and a full 20 round magazine. How many men actually get to own a 404 Jeffery much less hunt with one. No Walter Mitty life for him.

I am certain that he arrived at the pearly gates sliding in sideways, huge grin on his face showing through his white beard exclaiming "Thank you Jesus, what a ride!"

Till we meet again Estimado Bruce.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am so sorry
    he had a vast knowledge of casting and hunting
    I enjoyed reading what he said
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Sadly, we are diminished again. Bruce was an interesting person, with lots of knowledge that he shared here, openly.

He will be missed. R.I.P.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Sometimes I just don't have the words that I need.

R.I.P. Bruce
    Same here!

I'm reminded of something Aaron Rodgers , (Packers star quarterback), said. He was talking to a terminally ill child about when he gets to heaven. He said "when you get there, save a spot for me". That's what I wish I could say to Bruce. R.I.P. Bruce.
    Last edited by snuffy; 05-27-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Rest well, Good Gentleman.

Condolences to Mr. Bannister's family.

Y.T.,
    Wt.
    "Only when the Muslims (Arabs) begin to love their children as much as they hate us, will there be peace."
    Golda Mier

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"
    Luca Scato

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ammohead View Post
    When we helped Bruce move from Winnemucca to Reno he gave me his copy of "U.S. Rifle M14 from John Garand to the M21" by R. Blake Stevens. He was a generous man and I will miss him.

From the first time we met whenever he told his stories of life in the NW Territories and other adventures I came away thinking "this must be what a conversation with Hemingway or TR must have been like". I will forever be left with the vision of Bruce putting a lodgepole through the front windows of an International Harvester Travelall so that he could "come-along" a woods bison into the back for the trip home! Or of him standing polar bear guard at night in camp with a M14 and a full 20 round magazine. How many men actually get to own a 404 Jeffery much less hunt with one. No Walter Mitty life for him.

I am certain that he arrived at the pearly gates sliding in sideways, huge grin on his face showing through his white beard exclaiming "Thank you Jesus, what a ride!"

Till we meet again Estimado Bruce.
    To this I add the memory of him telling me he had a bear die at his feet full of 303 British bullets. He said he had four pieces of brass in the air at once and happened to catch his attention as the bear went from charging to sliding. We will think of you often old friend.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I believe he is also the innovator and document-or for the M-14 and Cast Bullets. A milestone that's for sure.

Cast Hunter

So sad. Bruce was a wealth of information and I immensely enjoyed reading his posts. He will be deeply missed.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Buddy
    Eastern Boulder Cnty,CO. Can be found shooting at GMSC. Erie
    May God have him by his side; teaching God how to "speed cast"
    RIP Bruce
    When I sit down to look at my rifles in the safe.....
    I can very consistently shoot one inch groups at 100 yards.
    When I sit on the bench at the shooting range.....
    I always wish I was sitting down looking at my rifles in the safe.

Boolit Master

I haven't logged on in awhile and was looking through Bruces thread on cast in M1A and noticed the "On Heaven's Range" then found this thread. It's a major loss like many I not only enjoyed his posts but learned a lot from them. His family has my sincere condolences and I hope they know how well respected he was by so many that never even had the pleasure to meet in person. RIP Bruce. FB

Boolit Buddy

Rest in peace good and wonder Friend. Bless you all.

Boolit Master
    I always looked for his posts, they were always interesting. I know life was stomping on him from all directions these last few years, I never met him but I sure wish I did. R.I.P.

I will miss his posts everytime I come here. WE ARE DIMINISHED

In Remembrance
    Sorry,to here about Bruce. I have a three ring binder with his reply s to my questions that go back to Shooters and the old Marlin Forums. I will cherish them!

Boolit Grand Master
    Bruce wrote interestingly and well on many topics and would give you a polite no BS response via whatever route you took when conversing with him.

Near as I can recall he was right about pretty much everything. Gonna miss him.

Boolit Master

I am greatly saddened to hear of Bruce's passing. We exchanged messages several times and always had good information. Our last exchange was about how to mount a holster on a wheelchair. I had not been on very much lately.…

Rest in peace my friend: in heaven we won't need those chairs.

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perma-Banned

Very sad, God bless

Boolit Buddy

We will all be together some day in that great beyond. Blessing to you all.

Boolit Master

It's always sad to read about the passing of some of the great giving people that have been part of this place, along with countless other activities and sites I'm sure. Great people. Bruce will be missed.

Doug

Boolit Mold
    Grapevine just told me that Bruce had passed away, so came checking.

Bruce and I were shooting buddies since the 60's here in the NWT, .....watched him get married and remembered his thrill at having a daughter, ....shoot against him in many matches and wrote an introduction for him when he headed south for mining, ....even suggested Winnemucca or Ely as a destination! Used to invite him to Reno every year for the SCI and Gunmakers shows, and he often came, as would be expected.

Lost touch and by backtracking here, discovered his problems, put him in my prayers.

Now, today, I discover he's gone, along with another overseas friend he'd met!

"Bruce, I've sent word out to old Northern friends, will toast you with a bit of "Old Sam", and we'll meet again in the barrenlands, .......still lots of grizz wandering around!!"

~Arctic~

Boolit Master
    He told me great stories about his time in the NWT, I think about them all time, mostly about what it would be like his age working and living up there, seems like my kinda place, I probably would not mine in a mine shaft though, too claustrophobic, Id rather supply the fellas with some distillery like product from the hills.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast