RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Total loss house fire, prayers and donations appreciated.

Total loss house fire, prayers and donations appreciated.

Saturday evening May 9, 2015 I lost most of what i owned in a house fire. I lived in the apartment above Lord company, 103 methodist street cecilia ky 42724. My Name is John Miron II. I worked downstairs in the wood shop. I worked there since i was 16, 31 now, and i lived upstairs in the apartment about 4 years.

I was able to save my carry gun which i was wearing, the dogs, cat and the truck. Wife saved her purse with her carry gun. Lost all my personal tools, all my casting and reloading gear. All my personal goodies of course, but we've had a lot of donations of various house items, clothes and such. Im borrowing a computer from a friend, they may give it to me. Me the wife, dogs and cat are at moms house now. Its a touch inconvenient for us, but we love each other and are making it work for now.

The owner of lord co, Richard Hundley, is not going to rebuild to continue manufacture of the products I was employed to make. However, If i am able to come up with all the tools, he will buy the products from me ready to ship. A friend is loaning me a garage to work in until i can build my own building there at moms place. I need all sorts of tools, from a table saw to clamps and hand tools. I will most likely be able to exchange some of my craftsman sockets and wrenches. Of course we didnt have any insurance.

If anyone is willing and able, id be very appreciative of any donations to help us rebuild. Money, gift cards to walmart, lowes/home depot would be cool, reloading and casting gear would be cool. Anything anyone wants to help with is appreciated.

Prayers are much appreciated as well.

John Miron
    2377 Horn Road
    Cecilia, ky 42724

270-862-3135

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/con...cilia-building

http://lordequip.com/

http://www.gofundme.com/ueauv6p

http://www.wave3.com/story/29023387/...ore-in-cecilia

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

Boolit Master

My greatest fear is fire, prayers for you and yours.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Sorry for your loss, what kind of tools do you need to make what product?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thank you for the prayers. The product is school furniture. So i need woodworking tools. Tools i need are big tools like table saw, drill press, radial arm saw and small tools like clamps, plane, drill bits, drill, router, files, rasp, drawknife, squares, angle gauge, sanders, sand paper, etc.

Howdy, Been a while since i had the time to think about guns. I got my wood shop up and running. I had 2 guitars given to me by friends, one of them, a taylor. The taylor got traded for a winchester 94. So, now i'll have to pick up all the loading and casting stuff to get going again. Thanks for everyones concerns.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Howdy, Been a while since i had the time to think about guns. I got my wood shop up and running. I had 2 guitars given to me by friends, one of them, a taylor. The taylor got traded for a winchester 94. So, now i'll have to pick up all the loading and casting stuff to get going again. Thanks for everyones concerns.
    What do you need for the 94, I assume it's a 30-30.

Quote Originally Posted by bdicki View Post
    What do you need for the 94, I assume it's a 30-30.
    It is a 30-30.

What do i need for the 94? Well, the only reloading or casting gear i have acquired so far is a lee auto prime. So i need everything else to cast and load.

Boolit Bub
    John,

Would you be able to use a few 30-30 cases and a Lee loader for the model 94?

Boolit Master
    I have a mold, some brass, some 2.2, 2.2, 95.3 alloy. I'll look around for some other stuff. PM your address.

Quote Originally Posted by knfmn View Post
    John,

Would you be able to use a few 30-30 cases and a Lee loader for the model 94?
    Yes, i would much appreciate that. I was looking at maybe getting the lee loader. I dont mind doing things the slow way for a spell until i can get better going. The cost of 30-30 shells is so high though that I cant afford to shoot unless im able to get the loading stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bdicki View Post
    I have a mold, some brass, some 2.2, 2.2, 95.3 alloy. I'll look around for some other stuff. PM your address.
    Thank you very much. Wont take very many more things and i can load and get my mind off some of this crazy stuff.

I forgot to mention in my update, i totaled my truck too. It was ruled my fault. So, I do much appreciate anything folks are willing to give because loading and casting are kind of on the back burner and i cant sink a lot of money into it. Ive got no problems going minimalist with it.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Yes, i would much appreciate that. I was looking at maybe getting the lee loader. I dont mind doing things the slow way for a spell until i can get better going. The cost of 30-30 shells is so high though that I cant afford to shoot unless im able to get the loading stuff.
    Ok, the Lee Loader was ordered and will be there on Monday. I can't guarantee the same about the brass. I'm going to try to get over to the post office and get a SFRB tomorrow am and get it in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by knfmn View Post
    Ok, the Lee Loader was ordered and will be there on Monday. I can't guarantee the same about the brass. I'm going to try to get over to the post office and get a SFRB tomorrow am and get it in the mail.
    I really appreciate it.

Boolit Master
    The mold is a Lee 90366 150 grain with a flat point, it's a gas check mold so I'll put some checks in the box. I wanted to check it so I cast a few to be sure the mold was OK. I added the checks and powder coated them, then sized to .310. So I have the mold, some brass, alloy, gas checks, a stick of carnauba red and a few boolits. I'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow.

bdicki, Thank you greatly for that. It will really get me going.

knfmn, I received the lee loader today. I thank you for it. With yours and bdicki's kindness i'll be able to load with very little investment. I appreciate it on both accounts.

Loading and casting was just as large a hobby as firearms and gun trading before the fire. Course now i cant spend a lot of money on those hobbies, but with the winchester, and these things, I'll be able to keep doing what i really love and get my mind off of all the things thats been happening.

Boolit Master
    Box was shipped yesterday.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Well if you are still interested I can probably fit 100 range pickup (yes just before opening day so safe to say once fired) 30-30 brass and possibly 2# of WW ingots and 1 of Lino in a SFRB and send it off Monday if it will help.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast