Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: saeco 41 mag

Boolit Master

saeco 41 mag

Any thoughts on the 210gr swc mold from SAECO. I'm looking at getting a 4 cav mold just to speed up the process.

Also looking into the SAECO lubrisizer since I can get both the 410 and 411 dies, no one else seems to have both.

Thanks in advance
    Tom

Boolit Grand Master

I checked the Midway web site for SAECO #413 and they don't have a picture, before ordering this mould I would look into it and find out if this a two diameter bullet. If it is (cause I don't know that it is) there's a good chance that it won't work well in your Ruger.

I tested SAECO#399 180 gr 357 two diameter bullets in the FA, the front driving band of a two diameter bullet is .005"+ smaller than bullet diameter and there is no way to size this to fit the throats. I got severe cylinder leading and NO long range accuracy. I have since convinced myself that these boolits are rifle boolits.

Food for thought.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

I should have been more specific. I'm looking at mold #417 in 4 cavity. It's for a Ruger BH 41 mag.

Boolit Mold
    I don't know how it compares to the 411 Saeco Mould I use but the 411 bullet is exceptionally accurate in both my Ruger Blackhawk and Smith & Wesson revolvers. It casts very easily, the bullets are very consistent (I have the four cavity mould) and I have had no issues loading them. I have two H&G moulds and I have yet to use them because the Saeco Mould shoots so well.

I hope this helps,
    Steve

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Most samples of Saeco molds are excellent, and are critically dimensioned. This means if they describe the mold as producing 411 boolits, that is truth in WW. So, if you have a Marlin, their boolits won't work. You need 413 as cast minimum. ... felix
    felix