Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing my mom soon.

Moderator Emeritus

TxGunNut, I am truly sorry for you and your sisters loss....losing a mother is tough....and I promise you that she is still there to guide you all...you just have to listen to your heart and she will be there....May God bless your mother, you and your sister....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

May God Bless yall, know that yalls mother is in peace at the right hand of the Lord.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Very sorry for your loss, but am sure your mother is at peace now. My mother and dad are both long gone from this world, so i know how it feels to lose those closest to you and much of what you and the family are going through.

God bless and keep you all!

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks, guys. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to me and my family at this difficult time. Yes, I lost my mom today but we know there are things worse than dying and what she endured these last few weeks I wouldn't wish on anyone.
    We had a little fun today; my mom will be buried in a nice red two-piece skirt/jacket outfit, lacy blouse....and some of the most colorful sneakers my sister could find. She was famous for her sneakers around the nursing home, I'm sure she somehow had a good laugh when we delivered those to the surprised young man at the funeral home.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent up for your family.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Bub
    May He bless you and keep you and shelter you in the palm of His hand, my friend. Prayers for comfort and peace lifted.

Blessings,
    John

Boolit Grand Master

Today was one of the toughest days my brother, sister and I have ever been through. By the grace of God and with the support of family and friends we made it through OK. Thank you all for keeping me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Please keep my family in your prayers until they all make it safely home.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

She is in one of God's mansions now.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Prayers go out to all those affected by the loss of your mother. She has suffered long enough and is now at peace. Be strong and carry on.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master

Yesterday was one of the best of my life, I rashly invited 15 or so over for a BBQ lunch before they headed home and almost all showed up, lol. It was very nice enjoying a good meal and conversation with folks I don't get to see often enough. I may live alone but I can easily seat (and feed) up to 20 with no crowding issues. Outdoor kitchen was barely above water but it all worked out fine.
    Today all my guests are on the road, in the air or already back home so it's nice and quiet around here. Took a nap after lunching on leftover BBQ and it felt good.

Boolit Grand Master

Today I remembered a conversation I had with my mom a year ago this week. I'd gotten in the habit of preparing a special meal on occasion and her birthday (February 20) was coming up. I asked her what she'd like me to make for her. I can't recall her answer (lasagna maybe?) but I'll never forget the question she asked me. She asked me if she was going to be 80. I paused, up until a few weeks before she was sharper on this type of subject than I was. I finally told her that no, she was going to be 79. Another long pause. We both knew she was running out of birthdays.
    I know some "firsts" are tough but quite honestly I wasn't ready for this. I've been a mess all day.
    I have a levergun range trip with my buddy planned for tomorrow, a nice older Citori to shoot and plenty of other things to keep me busy. I'll pick up some flowers and lasagna makings on the way to the cemetery tomorrow.
    Was re-reading all the nice posts a little earlier tonight, want to thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers. If you can, hug your mom tomorrow.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I understand . Lost my dad in 88 and mom in 92 , I truly miss them . I wish I could sit down and talk to them over coffee for just an hour but I wouldn't bring them back to this place . They achieved victory over this world , they are in a beautiful , wonderful place now . But I will see them soon . Life is but a vapor , it will not be long before I will be with them forever.

Moderator Emeritus

Tx, you never really "lose" your Mom or Dad. They just stay with you in a different form. It's been 16 years since my Mom died, but she talks to me often. I can feel her perched on my shoulder, whispering in my ear, "Now you know what you need to do. Just do it." With Dad, I just feel his gaze on me, and sense him saying, "OK, boy. Whacha' gonna' do now?"

It's amazing when they pass how you finally realize just how powerful an influence in your life and on your mind they've been. Really makes a fella' humble, and SO appreciative! The words "pass it on" will never have more meaning for you, and you'll never speak the words "pass it on" again without a deep feeling of respect and gratefulness rising up within you.

They raise us, shape our lives and character, and then make their exits, and are just loving and humble enough to be humbled and appreciative themselves for the opportunity.

Then, when you realize that not everyone has been lucky enough to have had good parents, and how blessed you were to have been one of the lucky ones, you'll never again be able to be anything but truly humble and thankful. It's just what good parents do to us.

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers sent to you and your family.

Moderator Emeritus

What Blackwater and Boaz said are true...the best monument you can build for your mom is to live as she raised you! My parents have been gone for quite a while now and yet I think of them almost daily.....they are still there to guide me on the difficult problems....just open up your heart and listen....they will guide you brother! Paul
    Last edited by buckwheatpaul; 02-21-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Sorry I missed this when you posted it. You've learned by now that with time, God allows those fresh memories of the last days to be replaced with the treasured memories of a lifetime. It's never too late, prayers sent for you and your family.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

I lost my Mom last March....and it still hurts
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    atr I'm sorry to hear of you mom's passing . Do you have good memories of her ?

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

Boolit Buddy
    I lost my mom my senior year in high school. She was only 43. That was 27 years ago and I still think of her everyday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast