Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35 Rem and RCBS 35-200-FN

Boolit Grand Master

My 35 Rem is a M91 Argentine with a 26" Shilen barrel pre-threaded for SR Mauser and short chambered from Brownell's. Easy to install but shoulder had to be set back a tudge for the slightly longer shank of the M91. Easy to then finish ream the chamber.

The 35-200-FN RCBS quickly became my chosen hunting bullet for the rifle. I cast it of COWW + 2% tin and then mixed 50/50 with lead and AC the bullets. They drop .3595 and are sized, GC'd (Hornady's) and lubed (2500+) in a .360 H&I die in a Lyman 450. I load them over 37 gr IMR4895 for 2150 fps. After loading they are HP'd to 3/16" deep with a 1/8" Forster HP tool. Accuracy is excellent to 200 yards (my self imposed max range for big game with cast bullets) and they are very deadly.

Target shows 2 groups at 100 yards and a 200 yard group.

Larry Gibson

Attachment 143165Attachment 143166Attachment 143167

Boolit Buddy
    To all that have asked. This is from a NOE mould. They weight 209 gr. with a GC installed, sized and lubed. I use a Lee push through sizer lapped to 0.3595, then lube in a 0.360 Lyman die in the old 45. It is minute of drink can at 100 yds, off the bench it does about an inch at 75 yds. That's how far it is from the driveway to the creek bank at my own personal little range. I use 38.0 gr of H 335, more than that opens groups up. Less just seemed silly because 38.0 shot so well. In the jungle where I hunt, 60 yards is about the limit for vision, so there is no need to stretch it.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    My 35 Rem is a M91 Argentine with a 26" Shilen barrel pre-threaded for SR Mauser and short chambered from Brownell's. Easy to install but shoulder had to be set back a tudge for the slightly longer shank of the M91. Easy to then finish ream the chamber.

The 35-200-FN RCBS quickly became my chosen hunting bullet for the rifle. I cast it of COWW + 2% tin and then mixed 50/50 with lead and AC the bullets. They drop .3595 and are sized, GC'd (Hornady's) and lubed (2500+) in a .360 H&I die in a Lyman 450. I load them over 37 gr IMR4895 for 2150 fps. After loading they are HP'd to 3/16" deep with a 1/8" Forster HP tool. Accuracy is excellent to 200 yards (my self imposed max range for big game with cast bullets) and they are very deadly.

Target shows 2 groups at 100 yards and a 200 yard group.

Larry Gibson

Attachment 143165Attachment 143166Attachment 143167
    Every time you post those photos my heart races like I just met a supermodel with a wardrobe malfunction.

I've always thought those mini -mausers chambered in 7.62 rooski shorty ought to have a .35 remington option, especially so when remington franchised the line. It's a shame remington seems to have abandoned such a fine cartridge.

Back to the OP, the SAECO 200 is just as good a boolit as the RCBS 200 in my 336.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
    With a gas check?
    You posted right after me, so I will assume it was directed my way. Yes, my mold is a GC design. I have never had much success over 1,500 fps. with a plain base unless paper patched.

Boolit Master
    Thanks, that what I was wanting to know.

Boolit Master
    Something just jogged my memory, I do have a 50-90 with an exceptionally smooth barrel that shot very well with no leading at a bit over 1,900 fps. with plain based boolits. That is the only exception thus far. I do confess I haven't tried any fast plain base from my .35 since I lapped it, it may do ok.

Boolit Mold
    Love that Boolit, shoots exceptionally well out of my 1953 336sc over Re 7.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 35 Rem project in the works. I'm gonna have to try some of these!

Thanks, Dinny
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.

Thomas Paine

Question for the marlin owners.

Is there a leading issue with the microgroove?

I haven't had any in my 30-30's, 35 Remington, or 45-70. Don't know about any other microgrooves because these are the only ones I've tried. Your boolits have to fit the barrel on your rifle--that would be my main concern in any of my rifles, micro or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mwells72774 View Post
    Question for the marlin owners.

Is there a leading issue with the microgroove?
    seems my micro groove 35 Rem Marlin and micro groove 357 1894c are two of my favorite cast bullet rifles. I shoot the Lee copy of the 35-200 sized to .360" on my 35 and NOE360-180 wfngc in the 357. Both are shooting at jacketed velocities. Love my 35 cals

I never clean the bores in either rifle.
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12