Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: sub section

sub section

I thank you very much for beginning this new section. this is long over due and I for one am tired of the tedious rankling between the two sides. I like a chameleon would use any kind of smoke engineered powder if I had to. I like the smoke and some sparks at the firing. I have used the subs at times but always gravitate back to real BP but that is my own decision and not to be thrust upon others.

like many others I too am a recovering addict of mind altering chemicals and my absence from alcohol is a practice I adhere to since June of 1986 ... which covers a few years in which time I have not found it required to partake in any mind altering devices and I fault no one in their persuasion of drinking, eating, or smoking whatever their heart desires ... I do partake in fake beer which is the most missed addiction of my life. been condemned for this practice but I say fooee on those that have no understanding of my condition. I like fake beer and I will continue drinkin it till I push roses from under the sod.

anyhow I desired to congratulate on the new addition and say how much I consider this as a needed and very apt section to add to our very good forum.

thankyou ... ... ...

Boolit Buddy
    +1 what bigted has said.

Boolit Mold
    I shoot both the real stuff and subs. Subs are a lot easier as far as lube and cleaning goes but the boom and fire of the real thing is addicting. I still have 5 lbs left of Pinnacle, but don't know what I will do when that's gone. I like APP but can't find a supplier anymore since Spirit of 76 disappeared from the www. Pyrodex will never see my loading bench again and never tried Triple 7. Plus I can get Goex for cheaper. Where do ya'll get your APP?

Banned
    Yes, thank you. It'll be nice to be able to ask questions about subs without the elitists causing problems in all the threads.

Moderator Emeritus
    Lets leave the possible reasons for this sections creation where they belong, in the past.

Let us start and continue this forum without rancour or be tainted with past bitterness.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Buddy
    Yippie Skippie!!!!!!!!
    I too am a black powder shooter that will use other "Smoke powder" when it's convenient. I shoot APP in my "cowboy" loads, rifle, pistol & shotgun.
    Am going to be trying it in the wife's 38-55, just due to the fact soot control won't be an issue. Face it, some times black is just a pain in the butt.
    I'm also going to try it in my 45-70, some boolits just don't want to behave with black, maybe they will with APP.
    I don't like calling them "subs" because I don't think they are. One doesn't call smokeless of different kinds subs, I don't think different kinds of "Smoke powders" are either, they are just different smokey powder.
    I have not used 777, but I have used Pyrodex, and will not ever again, but, if someone else wants to use it, fine with me.
    I do load smokeless in various other guns, and that is the way alot of other people I know operate.
    Soooo, I'll be checking in & out of this site quite often.
    Regards,
    Knarley

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Good deal to have a separate board. I've tried everything that ever come down the pike as far as "subs" go except Alliants new one, and simply put, hands down and going away the only one worth messing with is Blackhorn 209 in cartridge guns.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.