MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Message to 45nut - Black Powder Forum Issues.

Banned

Message to 45nut - Black Powder Forum Issues.

I tried to send this to you via PM, but for some reason, your box is full (didn't know that could happen with owners). I hope you don't mind me posting this in the open.

EVERY time someone is unfortunate enough to ask a question about a Black Powder Substitute in the Black Powder Cartridge, or any other Black Powder forum, a small group of members attacks that individual and drives the thread off topic and into an argument that is pointless. I feel it's isolating some members (I don't want to post in that section anymore even though there is a lot I'd like to learn about the sport). Is there any way you can put an end to this? They all claim that we shouldn't be posting about BP Subs in a BP forum, but it's not a smokeless powder either so it doesn't fit in that forum.

Thanks.

TWW

Boolit Master
    I absolutely agree. People who use BP substitutes in muzzle loaders, cartridge guns or anything else have the same rights to disseminate and get info on them as the shooters of any other powder. Instead, their motives for using subs are demanded and derided by a bunch of keyboard inquisitors who seem to think that any thread they can't respond to in their role as ultimate authority on the subject should not be posted in the first place.

The only thing wrong with substitutes is that they have some development work needed to catch up to the lead that black powder has over them. One of the great things about the firearms field is that so many of the advances have been made by individuals working things out on their own. If the firearms designers, amateur ballisticians and wildcat cartridge designers of the past had to contend with the Internet shout-down artists, we'd still be shooting matchlocks.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like your describing a handful of small minded elitists. I think you would have better luck contacting No_1. I don't think 45NUT is around much if at all.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?33573-No_1
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scb View Post
    Sounds like your describing a handful of small minded elitists. I think you would have better luck contacting No_1. I don't think 45NUT is around much if at all.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?33573-No_1
    Thanks, I sent him a PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    I absolutely agree. People who use BP substitutes in muzzle loaders, cartridge guns or anything else have the same rights to disseminate and get info on them as the shooters of any other powder. Instead, their motives for using subs are demanded and derided by a bunch of keyboard inquisitors who seem to think that any thread they can't respond to in their role as ultimate authority on the subject should not be posted in the first place.

The only thing wrong with substitutes is that they have some development work needed to catch up to the lead that black powder has over them. One of the great things about the firearms field is that so many of the advances have been made by individuals working things out on their own. If the firearms designers, amateur ballisticians and wildcat cartridge designers of the past had to contend with the Internet shout-down artists, we'd still be shooting matchlocks.
    I agree. It's sad when a small group of people harass and condemn others for doing something they don't approve of. Thankfully, most of the gun community and this board are not like that.

The thread I created asking about the difference in performance between real PB and a sub in a cartridge got nuked because a couple members decided to whine about me asking that in the BP forum, and one of them started trolling when I told him to take that argument somewhere else. I didn't get my answer.
    Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-18-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Banned

i'll get this posted in staff so the situation can be monitored.

Boolit Master
    People probably had the same reaction when that newfangled smokeless powder was being developed. It turned out ok.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

Bout like twist rates and the limits of such.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Banned

okay a sub-forum has been set up.
    it will be for the B/P substitutes, so hopefully everyone interested can check in there.
    it will be a sub-forum to the black powder section.

Banned
    Works for me.

Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master

Not the fabled "elitists"? I believe we had a discussion about that not long ago
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    I've been a member for a short time, and already know of one BP snobs know all, vs replica BP shooters are lower than whale s**t. threads.

It was put down with a hard boot.

Don't see why this attitude has to raid it's dirty head !
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife