RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Gun leather

Boolit Mold

Gun leather

I have been looking around for an answer to a question I have for a long time now. I carry my 41 mag. but have no other way to carry extra cartridges with me other then in my pocket and that is not very good. Al I can find is cartridge belts for 45 or 38. Don't know which one I could make do with. Any opinion out there?

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I believe El Paso Saddlery will make their for any cartridge.

Boolit Bub
    If you have to, you can stretch the loops from .38 to .41. I did this with a bianchi belt.(.38 to .44) A hair dryer to warm the loops, baby oil and .41 dummy rounds. The cartridges should be nice and tight.

Mark

Boolit Master
    2 year wait from elpaso. Try a custom maker on here, or spaghetti westerns can do it.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Grand Master
    you can buy Quik Strips to fit the 41 Magnum From Tuff products http://www.tuffproducts.com/TUFF_Qui..._p/7002-bp.htm. You want the 641. There are several makers who make holders for them. I believe you would want the Midway product #159324
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    If you're carrying a DA revolver, a couple of HKS speed loaders will serve well.

If it's an SA revolver , a 6-round belt slide is a good alternative to a belt with cartridge loops - you can wear any suitable belt and move it to a comfortable spot without looking like a casting extra in a spaghetti western

Boolit Master

kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    http://www.rowesleather.com/products_assortment.html This is a local guy here in town that does very good work. check his site out.
    You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of the Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chism? James Pepper

Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there. John Simpson Chism

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Or . . you might try a "drop pouch". Not sure if anybody is making them for the .41 but someone must be for a 44? I carry a .38 and a drop pouch works fine for my needs - flat against the belt as opposed to a speed loader pouch and easily concealed under a shirt tail, sweat shirt, etc.

Banned
    Well you'll just have to get a 44

Boolit Mold
    Thanks guys. I am sure some of this will help. I carry a Ruger Blackhawk 61/2 in 41 mag.
    Last edited by kbbgood; 05-27-2015 at 08:23 PM.