Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Glock 43 Single Stack 9mm

Boolit Master

Glock 43 Single Stack 9mm

Went to the NRA convention yesterday, 4/10/15, just for the vendors. The Glock display was stacked with lookers and gawkers all wanting to get their hands on the single-stack 9mm M43. When I got my turn at it I found it is extremely close in size to the 380 M42, only very slightly larger. Trim, thin, and light, meant to be carried a lot and shot a little. Magazine capacity is 6 rounds. The grip area is really thin, would have preferred a thicker feel for more control in the hand but they opted for a flat profile to reduce "printing" under a shirt, etc.

It seems that everyone wants a 3.5 trigger connector in their Glock. I asked about the trigger connector in this model and learned that it is NOT inter-changeable with the M17, M19 etc. connector. This one is it's own unique size and nothing else (for now) will replace it. Same story with the M42 (380) connector. Perhaps the after-market vendors will step up to the plate on this soon.

As for availability, the factory rep advised "we started shipping them out today."

Vendor Sponsor

I originally wanted the 3.5Lb connector as well but after shooting the gun a lot I found the point where take up ends and let off begins becomes reduced to the point where at speed you can't differentiate where the point is and your trigger pull deteriorates to one motion. This is not conducive of good trigger control.

This promotes "Mashing." which invariably throws shots low and to the left. Glocks have enough problems with trigger pull, and this is also NOT something you want on a Carry Pistol at all.

If you are committed to breaking the shot then you need the control.

If you are just coming to "Slack out," Waiting for Sight Alignment then you need a solid stopping point that can be found when "Fine Motor Control" has left the building.

I have tried and rejected the 3.5lb connector in both my Glocks. I have also tried and rejected a 4lb Spring Kit from Brownells, and various other wonder trigger upgrades that all last for about 200 rounds and then fail usually requiring me to replace the stock trigger assembly, and after replacing about 5 of those I have come to the conclusion that the stock 5.5 lb Glock trigger is what everyone needs to actually learn how to use.

All the Aftermarket BS that is sold is nothing more than fixes for something that is not broke. Even polishing the stock parts is a worthless endeavor as they will break in quite nicely in a couple hundred rounds. The parts are all plated with "Electroless Nickle" and baked which creates a very hard surface. Unfortunately this plating is less than .0005 thick and is easily polished off.

No,,, this is a case where Glock got it right, and "YOU" simply need to learn how to use it.

I am actually interested in a G43 however no Gen 4 Glocks are on the list in CA so I can't buy one.

It seems that they go off when dropped. I don't know how they can be made to do this with the trigger safety the guns have the only way they will fire is if you pull the trigger, but our DOJ Lab was supposedly able to do it. Glock is not selling any pistols in CA to civilians as a result, and there is tremendous pressure on them to stop selling to LE as well. If we could get all of the major firearms manufacturers to stop selling to LE we could put an end to this BS.

Problem is they are all in business to make money, and there is more of it in CA than anyplace else in this country.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 04-12-2015 at 12:43 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I find Glock triggers too heavy for me, I put Gost 3.5 conectors in all 4 of my Glocks, that with a 6 lb wolf spring makes a great improvement and only costs $15. I also like getting rid of the plastic guiderods.

Boolit Master

I have never had a problem with any Glock trigger in in generation. I just think users think they have to have a light trigger for target work, and there lies the problem. Glocks are meant for target work. They are well made and reliable weapons for duty. I can pick any size up (favorite is the G26) and put two rounds next to each other very quickly and at my POA.

FYI, I did put a NY orange trigger spring in my G35 when I carried it as an AUX LEO. I was coming over from a revolver to a pistol and was use to a long DA trigger. Only time I felt the need to adjust a trigger instead of just shooting the weapon. I think range time is more important than add ons.

Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master

i wont or cant speak of the g43, but the G42 has a very hard break. definately needs a connector.

Banned

It took a while to get use to g42(380) but iam doing good with it now. It shoots good. Trigger is hard.

Boolit Buddy
    Do they all have a 9#13oz trigger or is it just mine!!! (42-.380)

Banned
    +1 for Lefty Red's comments concerning fixing problems with range time. It seems everyone wants to "improve" their Glock by replacing parts. That's good if you're in the business of selling aftermarket Glock parts but probably not as good as simply learning how to shoot your Glock.

I'm not one that thinks Glocks are perfect but I do believe the stock trigger is more than adequate. Within the duty gun requirement triad of: Accuracy, Safety and Reliability - The stock Glock is plenty accurate. There's no good reason to try to squeeze a little more accuracy out of the design possibly at the cost of safety and reliability. If you're missing targets with the 5.5lb trigger, a 3.5lb trigger isn't going to transform you into an Olympic class shooter. It takes more than hardware.

As for a single stack, subcompact 9mm Glock; it would appear that Glock finally realized they were losing market share to Kahr, Ruger, S&W and maybe others. Competition is a good thing for consumers!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Do they all have a 9#13oz trigger or is it just mine!!! (42-.380)
    they are all pretty heavy, and break very hard. the hard break cant be corrected without a new connector. a good polish job will drop the weight a good bit. i just did a G42 a few days ago. bone stock it went inconsistantly from #6.75 to a little over 7. after a good stoning/polishing it pulls a consistant#6 even.
    if anyones springs and connectors are breaking on them after a couple hundred rounds, your doing something wrong!

Boolit Master

I got to handle the 43 today. It had the best trigger of any glock I've ever shot.

In my opinion the advantage of the 9mm is capacity. If I were to be reduced to 5-6 rounds I would opt for a revolver in 44 Special but that is just me.
    My firearms review site. http://rangehot.com/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    In my opinion the advantage of the 9mm is capacity. If I were to be reduced to 5-6 rounds I would opt for a revolver in 44 Special but that is just me.
    I am sure pierce will have a +2 base plate for the mags in no time for the 43. I picked up a 42 yesterday, and if it is almost as small I will have to pick me up a 43. Felt better than the LC9 which I have shot. You think the glock trigger is bad? Try the Ruger with the huge amount of creep and take up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    The first rule of any gunfight is to have a gun. That's why small guns exist. The idea being that a small gun on your person is far better than a big gun at home or in your car. They're made to be carried a lot and shot a little. That being said, I'm with you on the revolver thing but that's a whole new thread !

Boolit Master
    I found while I could live with a crappy trigger for a gun I don't shoot much, why when I can make a decent trigger by changing two parts that cost a total of $15?

P.S., its not just a lack of rounds down range, my G22 has over 15K thru it, the G35 has over 5K thru it and the G21SF has a good bit of rounds thru it. Only my G30SF has less than 1000 rounds thru it, mostly cause it does not like my SWC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    +1 for Lefty Red's comments concerning fixing problems with range time. It seems everyone wants to "improve" their Glock by replacing parts. That's good if you're in the business of selling aftermarket Glock parts but probably not as good as simply learning how to shoot your Glock.

I'm not one that thinks Glocks are perfect but I do believe the stock trigger is more than adequate. Within the duty gun requirement triad of: Accuracy, Safety and Reliability - The stock Glock is plenty accurate. There's no good reason to try to squeeze a little more accuracy out of the design possibly at the cost of safety and reliability. If you're missing targets with the 5.5lb trigger, a 3.5lb trigger isn't going to transform you into an Olympic class shooter. It takes more than hardware.

As for a single stack, subcompact 9mm Glock; it would appear that Glock finally realized they were losing market share to Kahr, Ruger, S&W and maybe others. Competition is a good thing for consumers!

Vendor Sponsor

Lefty O: If you stoned that trigger sear you definitely wore thru the Electroless Nickel finish on it and it will wear out quickly. I have ruined several this way with very little effort and none of it used a stone which I knew would go thru .0005 of plating in a second. If the gun hasn't had at least 500 rounds thru it is not even close to being broken in. All of my Glocks needed 6-800 to run right and the trigger is part of that wear in.

The guns will run much better after being shot and bench work really isn't a good substitute for just shooting them.

There is no new connector for the G42-3 simply because they are purely defensive guns and not supposed to be fired in anything other than a very deliberate manner. Anyone thinking that these guns are going to be target pistols is wasting their time and are seriously mis-informed. They are what the are. Frankly I am surprised that they don't come with triggers similar to NY City Triggers so you have to make really sure you wanted to pull that trigger and can be carried in your pocket safely.

P&P really had the most relevant post on this thread calling for "Range Time" as opposed to modification.

There are plenty of pistols out there that have trigger pulls well in excess of 6 lbs. Any D/A, S/A semi auto will easily have a 9+ lb. first pull.

The redeeming feature of the Glock Trigger is it is the same every time,,, no matter what it is.

I have been shooting these guns for about 12 years now and I have in excess of 8000 rounds thru my G35 and about 5000 thru my G21SF. No aftermarket parts other than the bigger button on the mag release and sights have lasted more than a couple hundred rounds.

I got over the urge to modify my Glocks some time ago. And this was prompted by the frustration of using after market internal parts that failed. Those parts include Trigger Assemblies, Strikers, Spring kits and mainsprings. All failed with in 200 rounds of installation. All are in my junk box.

My experience may be different than others. But it is still mine.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

there are new connectors out for these little glocks! if you havent shot one, the trigger break very hard on these regardless of the pull weight, and thats due to the angle of the connector. a decent trigger is very important for a defensive handgun, as you want to hit where your aiming the first time, without fighting a hard trigger pull. now im not saying they should be light, but they should not break so dang hard. id quit modifying guns too if they kept breaking after 200rnds. lol

Boolit Buddy
    At the LGO today they had the 42 but no 43. The 42 trigger was not good. And as a lefty I could not lock the slide back without a mag with my left hand like I can on my 19.

If the trigger on the 43 isn't better than the 42, that would be (not) surprising.

The lc9s pro I handled a couple weeks ago ticks all the boxes for me. Better trigger, more rounds, just as small....can run controls lefty....

Dan