Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any vortex rifle scope users?

Boolit Master
    Me an a BUDDY HAVE THEM On 243 varmint rifles, to 300 win mag lightweights, and 45/70's w max loads, never a hiccup! Oh an someone posted they have a lifetime warranty, nope, forever warranty whether u are original owner or not!

Boolit Master
    I cant comment about the less expensive Vortex scopes but the Razor HD is very good.....not quite as good as a Schmidt and Bender but it cost about half as much also. I wouldn't mind getting at least one more.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Buddy

I have four, all vipers. My two favorites are 6x24x50. Nice being able to see the .223 holes @ 100 without any problem - and being able to read the small print on the target to boot

My Strike fire red dot works ok.
    I had a crossfire, but it broke, sent it back, got a crossfire II as a replacement.
    Totally worthless for long distance.
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

I have only one, Crossfire 6x24-50 and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Fred View Post
    My Strike fire red dot works ok.
    I had a crossfire, but it broke, sent it back, got a crossfire II as a replacement.
    Totally worthless for long distance.
    x2, x2 on this one! I returned the crossfire 2 as image was not clear @ 100 and indistinguishable @ 200! Point of aim changed over 24" with a 4 click adjustment on elevation!!! I replaced it with a 6.5x20x50 mm mil dot Viper and absolutely love it.

Boolit Master

I am looking at the crossfire2 and the diamondbacks, I have plenty of time and want to pick the right one. I will be buying at least 2 of them, one for 223 bolt and one for 308 bolt.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by USMC87 View Post
    I am looking at the crossfire2 and the diamondbacks, I have plenty of time and want to pick the right one. I will be buying at least 2 of them, one for 223 bolt and one for 308 bolt.
    I started with a crossfire and it was OK but then tried the upgraded Viper series. BIG difference. I'd wait and go with either a Viper or for more $ the Diamondback. In all honesty - haven't used a diamondback because I'm VERY happy with the Viper series for quality of image, tracking and features.

I'm using mine on .223 bolt guns - CZ 527 varmints and a Savage M12 varmint.
    Last edited by Buzz64; 04-12-2015 at 10:04 AM. Reason: type of rifle

Boolit Man
    I have their Hog scope as well as their rangefinder I am pleased overall and really like their warranty coverage, finding a rangefinder with more than a two year warranty is hard.

About where they are made... this question has been asked on other forums when they first started aggressively advertising. Going from memory, I seem to recall reading they are ASSEMBLED in the US. The parts are manufactured elsewhere. Different price points are different origins... I have the $125 model and it was made in China, but still a lifetime warranty. The Philippines and Japan are the other places of origin for the parts on the higher grade models.

Using this scope and handloads, I can hit the X in the bullseye at 100 yds out of my G3. That's with the standard service barrel! That convinced me and my buddy that these are good scopes. I'd like to try one of the higher grade models in the future.

Picture of it here next to the 6.5x55mm AK I built for my dad:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5B54F...265%212427&v=3

I am considering taking this elk hunting this year since the scope works so well.

Quote Originally Posted by dk17hmr View Post
    I cant comment about the less expensive Vortex scopes but the Razor HD is very good.....not quite as good as a Schmidt and Bender but it cost about half as much also. I wouldn't mind getting at least one more.
    S&B has better glass, but the Razor HD will track straighter, measure better, has a more accurate mil scale reticle, and an easier to use zero stop. I test a lot of both of them, and this is universal in what I have found.

-Nobade

Boolit Bub
    I used the Razor HD 80mm spotter for a season. At less than half the cost of the "big three", I can absolutely recommend it. I've also been very impressed with several of their scopes that I have handles. Lastly, with a no questions asked warranty, how can you go wrong?

Perm-Banned
    just bought a 6 x 24 yesterday at first stop in rapid city, my 15 year old son and i looked at a lot of scopes and he picked the vortex. he felt it was the best of them all for him. cost a pretty penny but i just sold a custom gun i built and promised him last winter when i sold that gun he would get a new scope. the man who sold us the scope fell in love with matts old scope, it is a old tv screen weaver that i had rebuilt. it is 9 power. that one will go on his custom inline muzzle loader. he took it out on the deck last evening when the light was going away and it was bright and crystal clear. now we have to wait for some good weather to sight it in. going to try it on varmints before deer season next year. my other son in denver just bought a 22/250 ruger and he told me he is going to put a vortex on it when he gets the money. they have a good warrenty also

Boolit Master

I ordered a 6-18x44 crossfire 2 the other day its supposed to be here next week, I'm putting it on my twin daughters 223 axis. If it don't fit the axis it will go on the Thompson venture 308 win.

Boolit Master

Well I was notified that the scope I ordered is discontinued so now I'm on the hunt again for my first vortex scope.

USMC87 - I sent you a PM for a great deal on Viper HS in 2.5 X 10 X44.

Boolit Master
    Just ordered a Viper HS for 200 bucks new. Holy smokes what a deal

Boolit Bub
    I have a Viper HS that won't hold zero. Been back to the factory and still won't hold Zero. So far not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle867 View Post
    I have a Viper HS that won't hold zero. Been back to the factory and still won't hold Zero. So far not impressed.
    That's unusual. Are you sure it's not a problem with the mount, rings, or rifle's bedding/forend pressure? I seldom see a modern scope that won't hold zero, but sure do see a lot with those other problems.

-Nobade

Boolit Bub
    2-7x Viper made my buddy PI$$ED when he looked thru it after his Leupy.... nuff said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast