Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lefaucheux PinFire Revolver "stovepipe"

Boolit Master
    I recently bought a small milling machine - too small for anything big, but perfect for work like that - so if I was making another hammer I would mill it. To do it this way you need a rather expensive type of silver solder, hard solder but lower melting point than some) which Brownells make in ribbon form about .005in. thick. Well I need it anyway. I would use an air-hardening steel, although this time I used O1, and seem to have got the sear notch adequately hard.

Did I ever say this sort of work is economically worthwhile? No, but if I ever see another in the same state, looking at me like a puppy in a petshop, I will probably do it.

A lot of firearms were made from Belgian forgings or tubes, whether they admit it or not, including almost all American damascus shotgun barrels. I have a Bohemian muzzle-loading double rifle with Belgian view provisional proof marks on the fine-grained barrels. Here is a revolver in exactly the civilian Lefaucheux style, although it was built as a centrefire, for the 12mm. Perrin Thick Rim cartridge which was designed so that rim would cover all of the pin slot in conversions from pinfire. It bears the name of Marazzi and Fusi in Lecco, northern Italy. Belgian firms would engrave any retailer's name on a completed firearm, and some would do it fraudulently. But this one is stamped, and inside the recoil shield where only dismantling would reveal it. So the chances are that it is a genuine Marazzi e Fusi product, and my guess is that they bought in the forgings from Belgium.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marazzi e Fusi 2 reduced.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	137570

Boolit Mold
    interesting

Boolit Master
    I have a 15 m/m DBL, pistol with folding down triggers that come down when it is at full cock. this monster shoots a .600 DIA. RB. hang on when you fire it.! I got the brass & RB'S from BOB HAYLEY, in TEXAS. he was a custom cartridge maker.

Boolit Master
    forgot my 15 m/m has rifled barbells on it. yeh, I know big deal!

Oh this website is bad for me. I just saw a Pinfire carbine for sale. I like revolving rifles and carbines. I had the excuse not to buy because of the lack of ammunition. I might be making another trip down a rabbit hole of making more obsolete ammunition.

Addition: I am lucky. I called the dealer, the pinfire carbine had sold.
    Last edited by Lostinidaho; 12-09-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12