RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Win 52D Scope and Iron sight Base Height Questions

Boolit Mold

Win 52D Scope and Iron sight Base Height Questions

Hi,

Hopefully I posted in rite area. I finally found a win 52D in good shape and a Lyman Super Target Spot along with Lyman Olympic Iron sights.

Does anyone know the proper base heights for the scope and Iron sights, I would like to be able to have the option of a simple unscrewing and switching from iron to scope to shoot egg shoots.

Thanks

Boolit Grand Master

This is a question that can be answered in several ways/ At what range do you want the rifle to zero at ? My 52 has .187 front and back it zeros to 200 yds but is close to upper end at 200 yds. Ring spacing determines click value on this scope and also on blocks hieght. A taller rear block will make for a set up with some elevation built into it. This set up is repeatable and very useable for what you described. The mount blocks arnt overly expensive so a set of same hirght to start and see where you need to go from there for a 3rd

Boolit Master
    You have to check it out for your self as to how the height is. I have high cheek bones that make most rifles fit me for iron sights but the scope height is 3/4" too high making me use a cheek piece to get my eye at the right height.

When I set up my Anschutz rifle I mounted the scope as low as I could, then using riser blocks I raised the iron sights to the same level or as close as I could get them to match. I have a adjustable cheek piece on my Anschutz and your Winchester 52 does not with the factory stock. I think you will have to make a decision as to how your cheek/stock weld fits the iron sights vs the scope.

sbowers
    The proper scope blocks are an "L" and "B" and there are usually some on e-bay. This infor is as per the unertl scope block chart, and it what I use on both my "D" and "E" model 52's, the proper aperture sight base is as mentioned above, they also make a duel height front base so you can shoot both 50 and 100 yards by simply moving the front globe forward and back.
    Steve

this is the proper base for the rear aperture sight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winchester-5...item3cf6af7b6d
    Last edited by sbowers; 04-06-2015 at 02:29 PM.