Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: "Wish List" - "Wanted" - Willing to Join GB", etc...

Boolit Buddy

"Wish List" - "Wanted" - Willing to Join GB", etc...

Please correct me where I'm wrong, but I haven't seen a 'place' where one can add their name to a roster to be informed when a group buy in a caliber they are interested in gets started. If such a place doesn't exist, let me make the following suggestion:

Create a sub-site in which members can put their names as interested in certain calibers. Then, when a group buy gets started, or more correctly, when the 'trial balloon' goes up, the people on this list can be notified. If they are interested, they can let that interest be known. Let me give an example: I am interested in .25 caliber molds. I put my name in to the .25 caliber "Wish List". When ANY new group buy gets initiated, those initiating the group buy can go to that list and notify the people on that list, (gang email/PM), link to group buy thread. Those interested could then go to the GB thread and determine if they are interested in the specific bullet.

This should serve everyone. First, those wanting to get a group buy going should reach 'critical mass' sooner. The mold-makers should get orders in a more timely fashion. And finally, fewer people would miss out on group buys. I just found out about a GB for .25 cal 89-grain bullet. Dang! Wish somebody had told me.

In response to someone suggesting "just keep coming by every day", I would ask the question, "How's that working out for everyone?" It's a rhetorical question, because the answer is already known. I know people that come here VERY often and are consistently lamenting (to put it nicely) that they missed out on a GB.

Other than creating the sub-site, this should add no extra work for the Administrators because the onus would be on the ones that are trying to initiate the GB to get in touch with the people on the appropriate "Wish List". I own a v-Bulletin site, and know what would be involved with this, and it is next to nothing. I can see only very real positives, and no negatives but...

Maybe this has been suggested before and rejected. Maybe it has even been tried and didn't work. If either of those are true, please point me in the direction of those threads so I can see what went wrong.

Thanks,
    Paul

Boolit Master

VERY good suggestion.

Larry

Boolit Master

I agree and was looking for this exact type of thread for requesting someone rerun the Mihec 358156 group buy again. The last one looked like it started in 2011 and it seems like it could be run again, Miha willing of course. A wishlist sign-up type thread could get a little chaotic but I bet it could be done.

Boolit Master
    I would like to get on a .25 mold list, too, though my wish is for a 60-75gr gc .
    If something is done, please let me know.
    drinks, NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, CCRKBA, GOA, JPFO, CBA, Def-Con.

Boolit Bub
    sounds like a great idea

Boolit Buddy
    Isn't it just as simple to look at the GB forum once a week and sign up for the molds / calibers you are interested in?

I wouldn't be interested at all, I get enough spam email and I don't need any more.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    Isn't it just as simple to look at the GB forum once a week and sign up for the molds / calibers you are interested in?

I wouldn't be interested at all, I get enough spam email and I don't need any more.
    From OP:
    In response to someone suggesting "just keep coming by every day", I would ask the question, "How's that working out for everyone?" It's a rhetorical question, because the answer is already known. I know people that come here VERY often and are consistently lamenting (to put it nicely) that they missed out on a GB.
    You wouldn't get 'spam' because you wouldn't get notified unless you put your name in TO BE notified of a SPECIFIC GB.

Paul

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gitano View Post
    From OP:

You wouldn't get 'spam' because you wouldn't get notified unless you put your name in TO BE notified of a SPECIFIC GB.

Paul
    Exactly. That's why I said I wouldn't be interested.

Boolit Buddy
    I'd like to see such a list. I'd add a single lube groove version of the 358480 to it.

Rather than for a specific mold, I'd like to see this for a particular caliber and weight range. I haven't been here in awhile, but it would great to get an email when a discussion starts as well as when a group buy starts.

Moderator Emeritus
    Who would do the "notifying"?

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks