Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: has anyone been able to personally compare the 15x56 Swaro to the Vortex Kaibab's in

Boolit Buddy

has anyone been able to personally compare the 15x56 Swaro to the Vortex Kaibab's in

In field?

I have been looking at the Voretx Kibab's as a tax man present, if wife agrees. My Cabelas 10x42's aren't going to cut it for AZ hunting (western style glassing/spotting period). I am able to get Vortex at a great price which is why I have been leaning towards them. The 20's have really intrigued me. From what I gather though they may be lacking in the low light department. With the 2.8 exit pupil.

I have compared a few of the vortex's and Swaro's. Some of the Vortex's seemed pretty close to each other despite the price diffences. Of course they usally don't have exact models I have wanted to see/compare. Then add in store setting or even out in the parking lot doesn't give a full picture of how they will perform under real conditions.

I have read a lot of reviews already but, not all reviews are created equal and always the ulterior motives behind some reviews too.

They had a pair of 15x56 Swaro's set up at Ben Avery today. Wow, is all I can say. Was the best, clearest glass I have ever looked through. The Swaro's are currently way out of my price range by a lot, since I no longer have a Swaro hook up for discounted optics can't swing it right now. Shame I never took advantage when I had the discount at my disposal but never thought it wouldn't be an option I would loose either. I just really didn't need high end optics for mid west tree stand hunting. My 10x42's were about enough for most part.

My question is has anyone had the opportunity to compare either Kibab's to the 15x56 Swaro's in the field and under various conditions trying to spot game? What are your thoughts if so?

The way I look at it, I'd rather not have any then be disappointed at prices we're discussing or having to upgrade in a few years because I am not happy. Not to mention wife would kill me, if that happened.

If that's going to be the case, I'll ask mama about setting aside cost of Kibab's and adding to it in the future despite fact it will take a lot longer then I'd like to aquire a great seat of Binos. She got to look through them and the Cabeals Eruo's and see for herself how they weren't even in the same league. Not sure what models they had but not even close. Not like they brought a lot out for the expo which was kinda surprising. But I was able to show wide diffence and why it will matter for me.

Thank you for thoughts and opinions in advance.

Boolit Buddy
    Can only say the Vortex spotting scope I have, while works pretty well, was made in China.

Swarvoski is hand made in Austria by little men living in a mountain (OK, not really living in a mountain).

If money was no object, all my optics would be Swarvoski. And some of the one's I own today are Zeiss!
    I can not know what I don't know.