Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone fireing these new NOE 246-105-FN?

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Yes …..I would love for Al at NOE to chop the pointed nose back to a flatter point and thus reduce the weight without affecting the bore rider section.
    Hint Hint!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master

I also dropped the same hint,maybe something in the 50 to 60 gr with a flat point,he said he would get started on it but it wouldn't hurt to drop in on his website and give a little push,humm I offered to take five molds so we are already better than 1/2 way for a group buy.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 09-22-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Might trim back the best a little to?

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    I also dropped the same hint,maybe something in the 50 to 60 gr with a flat point,he said he would get started on it but it wouldn't hurt to drop in on his website and give a little push,humm I offered to take five molds so we are already better than 1/2 way for a group buy.
    Your dropping back way too far that is .223 shooting boolits! Needs to be in the 75 to 85 grain for any real .243/ 6 mm work now something like that I would buy into! 60 grains HP's Jacketed back in my old Bench rest days..well that was the lowest limit I would shoot! Near 4000 fps burned out throats real quick! For cast we need a good self centering nosed booilt in the 75 to 85 grain range to shoot varmints and paper! The 104 gives one the idea to try it on big game...not liking that!
    Maybe Al should be watching this thread
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master

Maybe he is I've kinda side tracked abit working on the 22mag replacement of sorts the 46gr GC FN is looking pretty good at this point other than neither one of my Remington 700's like it to much yet,but both TC's �� love it after I changed to bullseye,I'm hoping to pick up 8# of 2400 next week.then I'll start working on the Noe 105 gr again.I'm guessing you'll be getting a lot of 243 questions soon seeing how Christmas is almost here,big day for new guns and for the new shooters and use Oldfart I've got another medical issue that has to be
    Taken care of on the 26th,so please keep recoil in mind as you test loads
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 12-19-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard

Finally shot the 105's in my 6 mm -284; 245-105 plain base over 5 gr Reddot, out of the 28" bbl they sounded like a pellet rifle, I only had 10 rounds loaded, I shot two rounds to foul the bore the next - 5 went into a sub 1" group at 75 yds. Shot 3 at 175 yds right at 2.25"; had to aim at a dried weed that was about 3 ft above my cardboard. Going to try the GC next at a higher velocity.

I think that's the same one I have ,but with my short throat,I have to seat them deeper than I wanted. 50 yds has been my limited range time...
    keep on rolling along.no matter what happens just keep rolling

Boolit Buddy

Just started shooting 6mm cast, NOE 245-74-FN and very pleased so far.

Boolit Master
    I know this is an old thread...but I have fired my first batch of the 246-106 in my 6BR (1:8 twist). Just some test rounds to get an idea of where this might go. Looks promising.

Nose sized to .238, drive bands at .244. Gas checked and powder coated. 2000fps (Varget) and 2100fps (IMR4198) got me a bit less than 3" at 200yd. Now to get the mold completely broken in and a larger batch cast. Find out where my upper vel limit is for this fast twist and fine tune the powder charge.

Boolit Master
    In my Win 70 FWT (CF FN made in SC) using 12.5 grs of Blue Dot gets me @1600 fps and under 2 MOA. Could probably do better with some load development but not a CBA shooter and more than adequate for the 6 inch plate at 100 yards. Developed the load for BD because I had a lot of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12