Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Pill bottles and shower liners?

Boolit Mold

Pill bottles and shower liners?

Has anyone ever seen the lead pill bottles that radioactive nuc med doses come in? I'm wondering what the hardness of them is. I also have a lead liner that they used to use in walk in tile showers. I had been selling the pill bottles for scrap but with the cost of lead bullets going up I'm thinking about casting.

Boolit Grand Master
    One of these?

It casts and is the same hardness as WW alloy.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master
    Casting is good!!! Now if you decide not to atleast let a caster buy it for what the scrap
    people pay you! Casting still sounds the best though!

Boolit Mold
    I was saving a little to cast jigs with but a little will go a long way for that. I just need to decide if I want to buy a sizer lubricater or tumble lube. The place I was getting the pill bottles has stopped getting them like that so I don't get much. I haven't checked tire shops yet but a friend used to work at Firestone a year or so ago and said they just threw them away when the bucket was full.

Boolit Master
    Hope you find a good constant source and join in on the fun! What round would you cast for
    first if you do make the plunge? Aaron

I have a whole stack of the lead "jars" from a nuclear pharmacy. They're great for casting. I add just a little tin to a 20 lb pot and get great bullets. I'm not sure what the exact compostion is, but they cast weights which pretty well match Lyman #2. There's a place not far from me that gets about twenty thousand lbs per year of them. They sell most to a fishing company but he sells some to me too. Good stuff!

Boolit Mold
    I would be casting for the .357/.38. And I just got a .40 a few months ago and would like to try some in that.

the shower liner is pure (soft)lead so if you use it for anything but blackpowder round ball
    you will need to harden it up some juse add ww you dont need much for the handguns you are useingof better yettrade it to a b.p. shooter for ww both of you will be happy he more than youcause soft lead is harder to find

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

crime dont pay as will as politics