Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Went slightly bat guano at Louisville gun show

Went slightly bat guano at Louisville gun show

When the dust settled I had a 9mm Ruger cylinder, 140,000 grains of powder, and had shaken hands with Hickok .45. Pretty good day and yes he is as large as he appears on the videos; and as classy.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned

I always wondered how large that man is, his hands alone seem to dwarf everything he touches in his vids. Sounds like good times to me.

Gear

Sounds like your gun shows are better than any I've been to around here lately.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm assuming this is the Bloomington show? Where was both the great powder deals and Hickok 45? Must have walked by both. Haha I guess I probably wouldn't know him to see him but I would have never guessed he was from illinois.
    I'll keep my guns and my money, you can keep the change!

Μολὼν λάβε

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    I always wondered how large that man is, his hands alone seem to dwarf everything he touches in his vids. Sounds like good times to me.

Gear
    I think I read somewhere that he's like 6'6"-6'7"

Louisville, Ky.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    and had shaken hands with Hickok .45.
    I always enjoy his videos!

Here's one on the Mosin Nagant PU Sniper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjbh34MrTI
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Walked around the NGD & SOS shows yesterday myself. Seemed like plenty of powders and primers to be had. Most collector type things I like and look for were really nose bleed priced. I had a flat mint matching unfired non import spanish M43 with me I was only asking $350 for ...loads of guys asked to see the "m48" and I had to correct them.Had a matched 'spare' 1915 spandau with me in case I saw something I had to have and work a trade. Seems gobs of sharks pestered me about putting a cash price on the gew98. Got me a little peeved at most of them being rather rude and not accepting my answer. I thought my wife was even gonna tell one sod to eff off...he was that rude. There were literally a couple hundred M1 rifles at the 2 shows. I told them all a decent M1 and I'd swap...go buy one and come get me. They could have had some nice M1's for under a grand and made me and themselves happy. one dealer there had a very decent 1917 JP Sauer gew98 with muzz cover... and called it "rare" with a nutso $1800 price tag. Some of those sharks I told go to so and so's table and get you a gew98 there..it's only $1800 buddy.
    Did see a nice Patt14 I was really into , but $1200 seemed high for sure... and something about that stock too blonde - looked awesome but not a single proof or brit marking ....almost as though some artisan 'cleaned and refinished the stock'. I was hoping the guy would be there today and i'd get serious and take it apart , but alas my buddies said he packed up last night. Oh well other than that did'nt see an SMLE worth a second glance. Did spy a really nice looking No4 Mk I but it was a bolt mismatch and accordingly overpriced .
    No , I did not read that in a manual or stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.... it's just the facts Ma'am.

What's the difference between a pig and an Engineer ?
    You can argue with the Pig.