WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 303 to 22 and 17

I just cut off the barrel stub at the 303 chamber neck to use as much of the barrel as possible and bore out the stub and turn down the barrel to set back into the stub ( like you do with the .22 ). a few set screws and locktite and your all set. Now mark a 21/64 drill bit at the same length at 32-20 case length and a 11/32 drill bit the length of the base to the shoulder and that will give you your chamber. You will have to polish with emery paper until the case fits. for drill stops I use a piece of 5/16 gas hose because it fits nice and snug and wont move when you drill into the proper depth. ( I know the gun smiths would cringe at all this, but oh well ). like I said I made 4 this way and the only cases that I have had any trouble with are those nickel ones.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Master

Thanks enfield, so i am set. I figured along the same process, there was a guy at the range would recycle 303 barrels for 32 S&W and the 32 S&W long pistols. Was on the higgison powders site, gee whizz hope it is not a long powder shortage.
    Knew another guy from Ireland that could make drills into chamber cutters, i did not ask,, just came up one day.
    Be well
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12