RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Request for load data, .38 Super w/140 gr. LSWCs.

Boolit Master

Request for load data, .38 Super w/140 gr. LSWCs.

If it seems on a jag with all things .38 Super, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to make all things fall into place a little faster.
    I'm in search of loading data developed with the SAECO #383 or #929 LSWCs in .38 Super. Any propellant is fine, though the more available the better. It seems that there was loading data for the #383, using Unique (or possibly Herco). It seems that the load was 5.0-6.0/Unique/140 gr. LSWC, using a standard pistol primer, and 1.270" c.o.a.l. It ALSO seems that the maximum load developed velocities at or above the 1200 f/s. I remember that 5.4/Unique/140 seemed like a favorite load.
    Any like or similar data would be appreciated.

And BEFORE someone says it, I DO OWN A MANUAL. OVER A HALF-DOZEN, none of which feature data for this bullet. Don't tell me what kinda books I need to buy (unless it has data for this bullet), and I won't get EVEN MORE curmudgeonly.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    6.0 Unique/1240 fps/CCI or Winchester Small Rifle primer...very accurate...

Seat the bullet (383) so only a tiny bit of the shoulder is showing above the casemouth.
    Last edited by RJM52; 10-27-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    THIS helps IMMENSELY! Thank you VERY much!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    U R quite welcome...

Hope you will post your data either here or onto my original post...

Bob

Boolit Master
    In both places, if I get sensible data from testing. First, I have to find someone MAKING those little rascals!

Carpe SCOTCH!