Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCBS 2015 dates confirmed!

Hey all,

Glad to see some activity on this site! Looking forward to a lot of "embellishments" and such in early June!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Well the wild pork washed out but I think I will have some Texas boot legged grilling sausage In its place.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    JW: I've been avoiding trashing on the Asperly Aimless ,with the thought that perhaps a "newbie" at NCBS might offer you some greenspans that could go toward lease/purchase of one or more of my treasures... I mention lease specifically in the event you might want to practice with one of my 9.3x62s in order to be ready for the Safari Rifle Challenge in Libby later this summer...I've inquiry out now as to date(s) and any rule changes...Don't go overboard in pricing that Asperly,as my sources tell me that the last one known sold only brought $666..I'll grant that it was definitely a "shooter grade",at best a 70% example...Those in town(Winnemucca)by Thursday evening,contact us at the Winnemucca Inn...The single barrel JD is GONE, but I'll share a dram of Drambuie with the first six in line..Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    My reservations are already in for Thursday night at the Shady Court so I might take you up on that. I will try to avoid finding another "hot" video poker machine this time.

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    JW,
    Is the Ed's Red for the Asperly's bore...... or is it for you???

Great timing there Don!! As a matter of fact I have an appointment coming up soon where I chug down some stuff to get cleaned out and then they "borescope" me. Not really looking forward to it, but I guess it's gotta be done. I guess I coulda asked the doc if Ed's Red would work for that--something tells me it would!! JW

Onceabull, we will for sure hunt you down Thurs. afternoon/evening. Lagene and I are figuring on a short squirrel safari in the Weiser area on our way down, works out well for us. That way we will have a short drive on Thurs. I will hook the Asperly on the bumper by a chain as we depart Weiser so it has a nice "shine" to it when we arrive in Winnemucca. I think you will be pleased with it's condition, and I am sure, be willing to offer an appropriate price for said gem. Looking forward to seeing everyone. JW

Boolit Master
    JW-
    If'n you need a place to stay on Wed nite, let me know.
    Loren

Quote Originally Posted by rockshooter View Post
    JW-
    If'n you need a place to stay on Wed nite, let me know.
    Loren
    Thanks rockshooter, but I think we will probably just motel it there in Weiser. If something changes I would sure let you know. JW

Boolit Master
    I am about ready to chainsaw a small alder tree. Would the fresh chips be of any use on the grill? I can put a few handfuls in a bag and bring them down.

Quilbilly: any of those alder chips not used onsite can come home with me & will be put to use in Henrys Lake St.Park sometime the following wk. If you can spare the time after Ely drop by there,look for the 14x24 Wall Tent with a facing 10x14 Cook tent,we will have a full size Frig/freezer hooked up ,but you might want to bring your own fish,as we normally don't keep any till the last couple days of the trip,unless some are too injured to survive,,Rare because this group is fly fisherman only..OK, shave that last a tad,you can keep your first 10 LB,or larger trout,long enough to find the Taxidermist in W.,Yellowstone.. Group record is 11.75 LB but that was 5-6 years ago,personal best is 7.5 LB ..Ironic ,that one,because we had just got to Henrys,after spending 2 days fishing in Monster Lake,Wyo,@ $295/day ,and the best fish caught there(by us) was 5.5 Lb.. Onceabull

Boolit Master

Looks like I am not going to be able to make it this year.
    Damn work...
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
    Looks like I am not going to be able to make it this year.
    Damn work...
    Well dang Matt! We'll miss your picture amongst the group of Rifle team or pistol team stake shooters! I'll be there unless something happens. My 87 YO dad is currently in the hospital in Tucson, but seems to be doing well (appendix operation) with only a couple minor complications.
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

ammohead,

If you have started counting heads or will be soon? Darren and Martha, will not be at this years event, huge homeowner expense cropped up recently. Marlene and I, plus cousin Anita, will be there.

Sure looking forward to the happenings!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    Just made reservations at the Model-T..!

Boolit Master
    Holly probably won't make this year. We have a sick animal that we don't want to saddle our neighbor with.

Quilbilly, I suppose this also means you will have to head home a little sooner then the orig.plan ??????????????? Onceabull

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    Holly probably won't make this year. We have a sick animal that we don't want to saddle our neighbor with.
    darn quilbilly! we'll miss Holly but that will be less competition for one of the covetted wheelweight awards.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onceabull View Post
    Quilbilly, I suppose this also means you will have to head home a little sooner then the orig.plan ??????????????? Onceabull
    Not a chance. After Winnemucca I still hope to head over toward Ely to do a little trout fishing. There is a 24" brown in a small stream that needs catching. Business is slow for the first couple weeks of June so I have some time for a change. I sure hope the weather starts improving in Nevada. If I wanted to be camping out in the rain, I could stay here.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 05-22-2015 at 12:23 PM.

If I knew where a 24" Brownie was living in a small stream. I doubt I would be doing anything else by trying for it,aside from sleep & eat,prn..Has to be a small stream,because there isn't anything else close to Ely....Once every 2+ years some nails a good brownie from the Boise River here in town or close by...usually caught at night,twilight ,or first shooting light AM, Floating mouse imitator fly highly recommended...with the # of "homeless" living in the jungles along the river, I'd not try it without an armed sentry type "pacifier"nearby...Onceabull

Boolit Master
    Should someone notify the Griddle we'll be coming? Anyone know how many? Just me on my ride. Let me know and I'll call them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast