Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post forum cookbook recipes here, or links to ones that have been posted before

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks gwpercle!

Baked fish creole

4-5 lbs. redfish , sheepshead , black or red drum . cleaned and cut into serving sized pieces .
    2 yellow onions minced
    2-3 stalks celery chopped fine
    1 green bell pepper minced
    1 small can mushrooms
    2 -4 cloves garlic minced
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 large can tomatoes
    1 can tomato sauce
    2-3 bay leaves
    1 cup white wine
    2-3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
    Salt , black and red pepper to taste (season the fish pieces)

Cook onions ,celery , peppers, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil until soft .
    Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and bay leaves . simmer for about 30-45 minutes.
    Season fish well with salt and peppers (favorite cajun spice will do ) . Place fish in baking pan , add wine and cover fish with the simmered tomato sauce.
    Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven 30-45 minutes or until fish is cooked through and the sauce thickened . Serve fish and sauce over white rice with hot french bread .

Gary
    This is a old South Louisiana way to cook any type fish you have , it even makes buffalo fish (spotted sucker ) and gaspergou (freshwater drum) fish taste pretty good !

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ed-fish-creole

Boolit Grand Master

Roasted Garlic Butter Shrimp and Pasta

This is a very quick and easy dish to prepare , you cook the shrimp and sauce while the water comes to a boil and the pasta cooks . Keep a pound of raw peeled shrimp and a few heads of roasted garlic in the freezer . Feeds 4 , have some french bread to get up the sauce .

1 pkg. Angle Hair Pasta
    A pot of boiling water to cook the pasta
    1 large head roasted garlic (roasted garlic is the secrete ingredient)
    1 1/2 sticks butter
    3 Tablespoons good Olive Oil
    1 pound raw peeled frozen or fresh shrimp
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
    15 oz. container Ricotta Cheese
    Grated Parmesan & Romano Cheese

While cooking shrimp cook the pasta in the pot of salted water .
    When pasta is done , drain in a colander and place on top of pot to stay hot .

In a large skillet over med. heat melt the butter and olive oil . Remove all the roasted garlic cloves and add to the oil / butter and simmer until garlic is breaking apart and very soft .
    Add drained shrimp , salt and cajun spice ...cook shrimp until they are pink C's ...if you cook them until they are pink O's you have over cooked them ...C's NOT O's .

To fix a serving , place warm pasta on a plate , spread out a little and place dollops of Ricotta Cheese evenly over the pasta , then spoon hot shrimp and butter sauce on ...don't be stingy with the garlic butter sauce ... now top with a layer of grated Parmesan & Romano Cheese .
    Mix and the shrimp , pasta, cheeses and garlic butter sauce as you eat it ...use the french bread to get the last of the sauce . You will see recipes like this using minced fresh garlic...but roasted garlic makes this dish outta sight !
    Gary

Come on guys & gals ...we need to post some recipe's for the cookbook ...I know Y'all Got Em !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

How To Roast Garlic

I posted the roasted garlic butter shrimp pasta recipe #62 so thought I should post the roasted garlic recipe .

Roasted garlic has a milder and sweeter flavor than fresh ... it's worth the trouble .
    After roasting several whole pods of garlic they can be kept wrapped in the foil they are roasted in , placed in a freezer zip lock bag and stored in the freezer . Take a pod out , set on counter and it will defrost in a short while ...ready for use . Only need 1/2 pod , take what you need and put the rest back in the freezer .

6 to 8 whole pods (heads) garlic with excess loose paper removed .
    Squares of aluminum foil large enough to wrap each head and seal edges.
    Good Olive Oil
    Salt

1.) Heat the oven to 400 degrees
    2.) Slice off the top of each head of garlic , exposing the cloves .
    3.) Place a head on the foil , drizzle with olive oil and top with a pinch of salt.
    4.) Wrap in foil and seal edges and place standing up in an oven safe dish or pan (to catch any leaks)
    5.) Roast until golden brown and soft , about 40 minutes ... (golden brown is the sweetness developing )
    6.) Let cool . Squeeze out and use on everything . Freeze remaining heads , wrapped in the foil and placed in a freezer bag .

I'm not a big Garlic eater but Roasted Garlic is an exception , Sweet and Mild ...good eats!!!
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Mattw!

Cheezits on the smoker...

My favorite snack gets better...

A box or 2 of crackers, a pack or 2 of dry ranch dressing and an aerosol of olive oil.

Spray crackers in pan, shake powder on and mix, smoke at 225 for a couple of hours. Add pretzels, goldfish, peanuts, wheat thins or sun chips...

Great with ice cold beer!

note from your editor, this works well to make ANY snack mix! I make chex mix this way! 100% Hickory works well on my Traeger. On smoke for 30 minutes then bump to 350 to make sure everything stays crisp.

Boolit Grand Master

Onion Roasted Potatoes
    We had these last night with grilled Country Pork Ribs .
    I can't believe how stupid easy and wonderfully good these are .
    It sounds too easy to taste as good as they do .

4 - 5 servings, prep time 10 mins. , cook time 20 to 35 mins.

1 envelope dry onion soup mix ( Lipton Onion Soup Mix)
    2 lbs. potatoes (any variety , red , white or golden yellow )
    1/3 cup olive oil

1.) Preheat oven to 425 degrees .
    2.) Cut potatoes into bite sized chunks and place in a mixing bowl .
    3.) Add the olive oil and pkg. dry onion soup mix and toss until well and evenly coated .
    4) Pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan , bake ...stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender and golden brown . Don't let coating stick to bottom of pan . roasting time : 20 to 35 minutes depending on size of chunks .

Excellent with grilled or smoked meats .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I'll give you one we made 50 years ago. Dad had a friend with a pack of Beagles. We went by boat to islands and land along a nearby bayou. Killed many of swamp rabbits. Nickname was "Cane Cutters." Big 4-5 lb. rabbits or hares. Like fat jackrabbit.
    Red Rabbit
    1 large 3-5 lb. rabbit, cut up into pieces. Dredge in seasoned flour (salt & flour, seasoned salt, whatever.) Put in hot skillet with 1/4 to 1/2 cup oil. Fry it up nice and brown. Add left over flour, make some roux. Dump all, including scraping into 4 qt. pressure cooker. Add 2 cups diced stewed tomatoes, a whole bunch of dried or fresh garlic and green onions. 1 tomato can of water. Put on lid, bring up to pressure and cook for 15-20 minutes. Reduce pressure, remove lid, we served over rice. Yummy good.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Moderator Emeritus

From DougGuy

Doug’s Chocolate Habanero Sweet Red Pepper Relish

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    8 cups sweet peppers, diced & seeded
    3 cans tomato paste
    2 cans diced tomatoes
    1 large yellow or white onion, diced
    1 large shallot, diced
    1 large Chocolate habanero, seeded and sliced very thin
    5 cloves garlic, minced finely
    1 1/2 cups white vinegar
    1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
    1 cup sugar
    1 tablespoon salt
    2 tablespoons pickling spice

Instructions
    1. Start with preparing all of your ingredients.
    2. Dice and seed the peppers and dice up onions and shallots.
    3. In a large pot (nothing beats a good Dutch oven for this!), heat olive oil over medium to medium-high heat.
    4. Throw in all of the aromatic vegetables (peppers, onions, shallots) and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
    5. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
    6. Add in diced tomatoes.
    7. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil for a couple minutes.
    8. Reduce heat to low and cover.
    9. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened. This took about 2 hours for me, but will vary depending on the water content.
    10. Can as usual for long-term storage of gifts. Alternatively, store in refrigerator opened.
    11. Enjoy on toast, burgers, bagels or crackers with cream cheese, in white beans or on top of Black Eyed Peas (My Favorite!)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...49#post4977549

Moderator Emeritus

BUNCH of good sandwich ideas for a quick meal! http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...orite-Sandwich

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Dpote

Ranch Casserole

This is a quick one to make when the scrumble of the day has caught up with you, and you are out of time to make something. I serve it with some beans and a rice dish for sides.

2 10 ounce cans Hormel chicken, drained
    1 Can Rotel
    1/2 Tsp fajita seasoning
    2 Scallions, cut up
    10 Corn tortillas
    Green chili enchilada sauce
    Colby Jack cheese, shredded

Spray a hot pan with PAM
    Add chicken, Rotel, fajita seasoning
    Fry that up and get it hot
    In another pan, get about 1/2 inch of oil hot
    When the oil is hot, lightly fry the tortillas
    Keep them soft and pliable, just cook the raw off of them
    Cover the bottom of a baking dish with a little enchilada sauce
    Line the bottom of the dish with six cooked tortillas
    Put the chicken on top of the tortillas
    Add 1/2 of the scallions and the rest of the sauce
    Cover with the remaining tortillas, onion, and add as much cheese as you like

Bake in a 350 oven until browned on top

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...anch-Casserole

Moderator Emeritus

Bunch of spaghetti sauce recipes! http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...33#post5036533

Moderator Emeritus

Leftover turkey recipes and ideas... gumbo, curry, wild rice soup so far...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...74#post5045374

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks DougGuy or this one!

Hoecakes With Scallions - Delish!

Hoecakes with scallions OMG delish smothered with Ashe County Butter!
    RECIPE:

Ingredients
    • 1 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal
    • 2/3 cups buttermilk or can use regular milk too
    • 1 egg
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 2/3 cup oil I use canola oil for cooking
    Instructions
    • Mix meal, milk, egg and salt together. Drop by spoonful into hot oil. Brown on one side then turn and fry until golden brown on both sides.

NOTE: Chop up 2 green onions and add in batter, add 1tbsp sugar if you like, I didn't have self rising cornmeal so I used coarse + medium grind cornmeal to add up to 3/4 cup, 1tsp baking powder, 1tsp salt, 3/4 cup bread flour. Use as much buttermilk as necessary so the batter drops like pancake batter.

You could use chopped jalapenos, chopped bacon, canned corn (drained), whatever you think might go good will work!

On cooking these, I didn't use any oil, I just lightly buttered a hot cast iron griddle and dropped the batter onto it in 3" circles while the butter sizzled, shake them into 4" hoecakes, and butter is a lot better tasting and a LOT healthier than cooking in oil!

Original post, sometimes comments suggest recipe twists to check out! http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...allions-Delish!

Moderator Emeritus

Another one from DougGuy

Sourdough Hoecakes - Best Ever!

Fellas, if you think ammo and reloading supplies are hard to come by, try to buy yeast! Kitchen supplies and DIY bread making supplies are all the rage now that people are stuck at home, so baking bread is a really rewarding activity you can get into and the sky is the limit how creative or how traditional you want to get.

Sourdough involves keeping a "starter" alive, in a wide mouth jar, you just have to add water and flour to it a couple times a week to keep it going, and you discard some of the unfed starter before you feed it. This is what you use for pancakes, these hoecakes, bread, and it really imparts a flavor that nothing else does. If you like a good buttermilk biscuit, you will no doubt love sourdough pancakes and hoecakes and of course sourdough bread.

You can get the sourdough starter from King Arthur flour online, ebay, you can also make your own just do a search on the internet to see how easy it is. There are some sellers in San Francisco and Alaska that will sell you starter that is over 150 years old, it's been kept going all that time and it's good stuff too!

I have a really good recipe for sprouted spelt buttermilk sourdough pecan blueberry pancakes, which I have posted here, and I wanted to combine the Hoecakes recipe with the pancake recipe to add sourdough to the Hoecakes.

Holy Moley they turned out AWESOME! Really really tasty, especially the next day! Here is the combined recipe, I will definitely be making these again!

Overnight Sponge:
    • 3/4C cornmeal mix (coarse + medium)
    • 3/4C bread flour
    • ˝ C unfed sourdough starter (discard)
    • 2/3 cups buttermilk
    • 1 tbsp sugar

Batter Mix:
    • 1 large egg
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 2 green onions chopped

Directions for sponge:

In a covered mixing bowl stir together starter, cornmeal, bread flour, sugar, green onions and buttermilk. Adjust mixture with buttermilk to the consistency where it will pour, a little stiffer than pancake batter. Cover and let stand 12 hours or overnight.

Directions for batter:

In the morning beat together egg, salt, baking powder, stir into sponge to combine.
    Drop batter into 3” cakes on a hot buttered griddle, shake or spoon out to 4” cakes. Brown on one side then turn and fry until golden brown on both sides.
    Serve warm with butter, you can also serve with maple syrup or honey.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...97#post5096597

Boolit Master
    99.9 Gluten free Chocolate Cookie Recipe

(may be halved.) or Doubled

2 cups blended oatmeal
    (measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.) do 1 cup at time

3 cups red mills 1 to 1 gluten free flour
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 1/2 tsp baking soda

dry mix all of the above

Add
    1 1/2 cups soft butter
    3 eggs
    2 tsp. Vanilla
    Mix

Dough should ball up when mixed
    if too dry add 1 more egg

Add dark or milk chocolate chips as many or as few as you want
    cook on a silicone anti stick baking sheet
    Bake for 9 -11 minutes at 375 degrees. you can not tell if a cookie is over cooked till it cools off the next day

Cover bowl (when you have cookie trays in oven as mix dries out

Can also be done in a shallow pan
    Just dump all the dough in to the pan and
    press down flat app 1/2 to 5/8 inch thick
    Cook app12-14 min and when cut into squares when still hot using a pizza cutter
    Cool and serve

Boolit Master
    Honeymoon Salad. No dressing just lettuce alone!��
    Dennis Eugene "You know why no one panic buys 30-06? Because people who shoot 30-06 don't panic"

Moderator Emeritus

From gwpercle

Low-Sodium (LS) / Low Cholesterol (LC) Deluxe Chile

For those who like/need LS/LC recipes this Chile is pretty darn good .
    Serves 6-8

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
    2 Lbs. Ground Turkey , we used ground white meat turkey for LC
    6 - cloves peeled and chopped fresh garlic (or number of cloves to your taste)
    1 - large sweet yellow onion, chopped .
    1- 15 oz. can No Salt Tomato Sauce
    1 - 32 oz. box Unsalted Chicken Broth
    4 - Tablespoons Dry Roux (Kary's Dark Dry Roux in a jar for LC) dry roux has no oil .

3 - Tablespoons Chili Powder ( Bolner's Fiesta Brand )start with 3 Tab. and add more at the end if needed - to taste . With the Ground White Meat Turkey 3 Tablespoons was just right
    1- teaspoon ground Comino ( AKA ground Cumin... same thing )
    2 - teaspoons Tony Chachere's NO SALT Seasoning Blend(note - this has NO salt or salt substitutes or MSG in it )
    1/2 - teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    water as needed for thickness
    4 - Tablespoons Corn Flour : Optional - you can thicken the chili with a slurry of corn flour mixed with warm water and stirred into the chile , while simmering ... my family likes the corn flour flavor in the chili.

Slowly cook the ground turkey , garlic and onion in the olive oil on medium high heat . When the turkey is no longer pink and the onion is getting transparent , Add the dry roux to the cooked meat , onions & garlic and blend well . Add the Tomato Sauce and Chicken broth. Mix well
    Season with chili powder , ground Comino , Tony's No Salt Seasoning , onion powder and garlic powder ( to make up for the no salt ...go heavy on the other spices to make up for it , you don't want bland chili so kick it up a notch .

Now take a taste and see if more spice is needed and adjust spices to taste .
    I usually add more Comino , Tony's , onion and garlic powder .
    When it suites your tastes , you can now add the corn flour and water slurry thickner . Stir it in and put on a low simmer , covered , stir often and add water if too thick ....simmer at least 45 minutes , 1 hour is better and a little longer wont hurt .

I'm not going to start that bean or no bean thing ... you do what you want .
    I have made chili both with and without and I go both ways ... it's all good .

I have a few more "Heart Healthy" recipes if anyone is interested , Chicken & Yellow Rice, Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya , Shrimp Creole , Shrimp and Yellow Rice .

I'm not on a restricted diet but my youngest son now is ... recovering from open heart surgery and doctor told him low sodium is now the rule ... Mom and Dad are helping him learn how to cook LS/LC ... it's not too bad and not too hard to find no and low sodium products so that makes adapting recipe's much easier .

If interested in Kary's Dry Roux www.karysroux.com
    Gary

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...)-Deluxe-Chile

Boolit Buddy
    Glen and Jack Daniel's Rib Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cup Jack Daniel's whiskey save and add 1/2 cup for after boiling
    2 medium onion, chopped fine
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    3/4 cup molasses
    2 cups tomato sauce or catsup
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    2 tbsp. soy sauce
    1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions:

Sauté onion and garlic in butter and olive oil until tender. Add other ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Blend at low speed until onions are chopped fine.
    Note: Simmering until mixture is reduced with make for a thicker sauce.
    Add last 1/2 cup of Jack Daniels and let cool. Pour into quart or 1/2 quart jars.

Cooking Directions:

Place ribs in large saucepot. Cover ribs with water. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender. Knife will easily go through meat between bones.
    Remove ribs and pat dry. Coat ribs as a marinade until ready for the grill.
    Grill for 15 minutes or until browned. Or as you like it. Brush ribs with Jack Daniel’s Sauce.
    Continue to baste when turning ribs.

Moderator Emeritus

New cookbook category... air fryer... slowly building enough recipes to actually compile a cookbook(it will be a PDF file or a Microsoft word file)

From BJK

air fryer Eggplant fries- keto variation too

The recipe also contains my notes for keto
    -------------

Air-Fryer Eggplant Fries

My kids love these air fryer fries—and I like that they're healthy. Coated with Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt, these eggplant fries are delicious and guilt-free. —Mary Murphy, Atwater, California

Ingredients
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (far below)
    3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
    1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
    Cooking spray
    1 cup meatless pasta sauce, warmed

Directions
    Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In another shallow bowl, mix cheese, wheat germ and seasonings.
    Trim ends of eggplant, peeling is optional but the breading doesn’t stick to the skin; cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Cut slices lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Dip eggplant in eggs, then coat with cheese mixture.
    In batches, arrange eggplant in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately with pasta sauce.

Test Kitchen tip
    In our testing, we have found cook times vary dramatically between brands of air fryers. As a result, we have given wider than normal ranges on suggested cook times. Begin checking at the first time listed and adjust as needed.

Nutrition Facts
    1 serving: 135 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.

Brians Notes:

I’d make these again in a heartbeat.

I’m in keto so the wheat germ is a no-no. I’d love to have the nutrition, but I wouldn’t love to have the carbs. I substituted ground Chicharonnes aka pig skins for it. Amazon has them pre-ground. I used a small bag of flavored pig skins and ground them myself. I sub’ed them 1:1 with the wheat germ. I found the flavored pig skins made the fries tasty all on their own and I also used RAOs pizza sauce as the dip because I had some on hand from a crustless pizza bowl I made. With or without the sauce they were good. But again I used flavored pig skins.

I also omitted the garlic salt since the cheese had plenty of salt. I did add gran’ garlic.

Use the real deal parm’ or romano cheese, not the “cheese” found in the cardboard box.

Changes next time? I had fries maybe 6" long since I saved a few slabs for keto eggplant parm’. Next time I plan to make the fries fork size. It’s just easier to put them on a fork for scooping up sauce. Kids would probably like them full length as finger food. I might also make them in slabs and cut them into bite size pieces as I eat... no kids just adults.

Italian Seasoning recipe

Ingredients

3 tablespoons each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Directions
    Place all ingredients, in batches if necessary, in a spice grinder or small bowl. Grind or crush with the back of a spoon until mixture becomes a coarse powder. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

Nutrition Facts
    1/4 teaspoon: 1 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-variation-too

Update and changes to the recipe here http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...nt-Parm-(Keto)
    Last edited by MaryB; 03-15-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

From DougGuy

Stupid Stupid Stupid Good Chocolate Cake From Cast Iron Skillet

This cake has buttermilk, espresso, and some really good high end cocoa that sets it apart from any you have made from a box, this is STUPID good chocolate cake! I use Ghiradelli Majestic cocoa, you find it on ebay (22% - 24% cocoa fat) or some Gherkens Garnet cocoa also high in cocoa fat, this seems to be the secret weapon to use here, yes you can make it with store shelf Hershey's cocoa but it won't be the same.

I make this single layer cake in a #6 (9") cast iron skillet, I start by placing a bowl upside down on a sheet of parchment paper and cutting around it, I butter the bottom of the skillet, place the parchment paper in the bottom, press out all the air, then butter the whole inside of the skillet, followed by putting half a cup of all purpose flour in the skillet, rolling it around to coat the buttered surface, then tapping out any excess. Turn the oven on to 325F and let preheat.

Ingredients

• 1 cup cake flour
    • 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 3/4 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
    • 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
    • 1 1/2 large eggs
    • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2 cup buttermilk
    • 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder dissolved in 1/3 cup hot water

• Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F. Generously butter one 9-inch cake pan with 2-inch-high sides; dust with flour, tapping out any excess. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.

• Sift 1 cup cake flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Add brown sugar and beat until well blended, about 2 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Add flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions, beating just until blended after each addition. Gradually add hot espresso-water mixture, beating just until smooth.

• Pour batter in pan, smooth top. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack 15 minutes. Run small knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Place dinner plate atop skillet, invert skillet and cake will come out onto plate. Cool completely. Warm up frosting in microwave until it spreads easily, frost cake as desired.

A variation I did last one I made, drain liquid from a 10oz jar of maraschino cherries into a mixing cup, pour out liquid until 1/3 cup remains, omit the water and instead use this liquid to make the espresso in the recipe, fold in the cherries into the batter just before pouring batter into the skillet. Baking times will be quite a bit longer, up to 1hr, but oh man it makes it like Black Forest cake!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-Iron-Skillet

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Garlic butter burger

1 pound hamburger15 ritz crackers crushed
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon Lawrys
    1/4 cup melted butter

Mix all ingredients together and form into quarter pound patties

Fry in skillet greased with bacon grease.
    I tried this recipe on my wife this last weekend.....only thing is I did not fry them in bacon grease.....this is an excellent recipe and one we will use over and over and over....thanks hoosierlogger!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast