RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load Data
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post forum cookbook recipes here, or links to ones that have been posted before

Moderator Emeritus

Post forum cookbook recipes here, or links to ones that have been posted before

Okay guys, this is your cookbook and not mine so post recipes here and I will compile them. If you know a particular recipe in a thread the link to it works also. No links to copyrighted material!

Vendor Sponsor

My chili recipe is not copyrighted so I will add it, got a few others I will post when I find them.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post3117764
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Slow cooker pork roast

Slow cooker Pork roast
    4 pound pork roast
    2 packages brown gravy mix
    2 packages ranch dressing mix
    2 packages Italian dressing mix
    1 container chicken broth
    1 Quart water (to mix dressing and gravy in)
    Apple juice (add later)
    Mix gravy, dressing mixes, and water together,
    put thawed roast in crockpot. Add sauce mixture, and chicken broth.
    Add enough apple juice to cover roast.
    Set slow cooker on low for 6 to 10 hours.
    Use juice from roast to make a brown gravy.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Breaded tenderloin

10 oz andys red fish batter
    15 oz plain bread crumbs
    1 T Lawrys
    2 t garlic powder
    1 t ground black pepper

hammer pork tenderloin to 1/4" thickness.

Dip tenderized chop in mixture of
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup milk

Bread liberally and pan fry in cast iron skillet

Garlic butter burger

1 pound hamburger15 ritz crackers crushed
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon Lawrys
    1/4 cup melted butter

Mix all ingredients together and form into quarter pound patties

Fry in skillet greased with bacon grease.

Banned

Easy venison sub
    freeze your meat in a block. About 1lb will do it
    When partialy thawed slice very thin (I use a razor knive but a sharp kitchen knive will work)
    Fry in real butter with fresh or crushed garlic and two small or one large onion sliced but not diced. 3/4s teespoon of montreal steak seasoning.
    When its near done (finished meat should have just a hint of crust for flavor) add a can of mushrooms
    take one loaf of French bread. (I make my own) and cut it like a sub sandwich.
    Take sliced cheese and lay it out to cover both sides of the bread. I then put a layer of sliced pepperoni on one both sides of the bread. On top of that on one side I put shredded mozzarella and the other side shredded cheddar. Put bread in the microwave till the cheese is almost all melted then just PILE on the meat mixture. you can use green peppers too but they bother my gut to much anymore so I pass on them. Guarantee you its about the best steak sub you ever ate.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 02-17-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Banned

my chicken fried venison

First I take steak that ive ran through my cuber. You can do it without using cube steak but the cube steak tends to hold the flour better when chicken frying and is allways tender.
    Second is you have to make sausage gravy. If you have your own recipe go for it but heres mine
    I take about a 1.5 of venison Italian sausage and fry it with a little olive oil and a teespoon of black pepper.
    When the sausage is cooked I add about 1/2 cup of flour to the meat and stir it in till it coats all the meat. then I add about 16 oz of milk and bring to a boil then reduce the heat and let it thicken. you can add more flour or milk to get the consistency you want but keep in mind that if you freeze the leftover it will thicken even more.
    then take a bowl and mix some flour and parmesan cheese some salt and pepper and coat your meat. I like to really push the meat down into the flower so it gets in all the cracks and crevices of the cube steaks. Fry till they get nice and brown (in real butter) and are medium on the inside. Place in a pan with enough sausage gravy for supper (freeze the rest for breakfasts) add the steak and let simmer for a couple hours.
    make enough mashed taters for the family spoon the meat and sausage gravy over the spuds and enjoy. I actually prefer this over fried potatoes but the wife likes mashed so we usually go that way. Its even good ladled over French fries.

placed cooked steak on potatoes and cover with the gravy mix.

Banned

cheese potato soup
    2 lg cans cream of mushroom soup. fill the two cans with water and add.
    Add one small can cream of chicken soup.
    2 onions chopped fine and cooked in butter long enough that they start to soften
    1 heaping tablespoon crushed garlic
    1lb cooked bacon cooked
    1 lb cubed ham
    1/2 broccoli chopped fine
    3/4s of a box of velveta cheese
    about 5 lg potatoes cubed.

combine all the ingredients except the potatoes. Cook them separately for at least 15 minutes and drain off the starch and add to the pot. You can adust the potatoes to get the quanity you want and you can add milk to thin if nessisary or add a bit more cheese to thicken. If it needs thickening I usually use some cheddar. (I like it thick, it sticks to your arterys better that way!!) Let cook a couple hours. What I sometimes do is make it in a double batch and when its time to add potatoes take one batch and pressure can it and let the other batch cook for a couple hours. then when all the frozen left overs are gone you will still have some canned. I put it in large jars and use 12lbs of pressure for about 45 minutes. I know this sounds a bit short but the soup is already hot and all the ingrediants are cooked. Any longer and the potatoes get to mushy. Good stuff on a cold winters day but don't tell your doctor!!!!!!!

Banned

mary are you looking for just cooking recipes or do you want recipes for making sausage, canning meat ect?

Banned

meat loaf
    2lb venison burger with about 10 percent beef fat
    a good squirt of mustard
    one good sized onion chopped
    Good squirt of barbque sause
    1/2 teespon of montreal steak sesoning
    1/2 lb bacon cooked
    1 cup of pepperjack cheese shreaded
    1 cup bread crumbs or oat meal
    2 eggs

combine everything but the cheese and bacon and mix well
    Lay out a piece of wax paper
    spread out the meat mixture on the wax paper in a rectangular shape
    Add the bacon to the center of your meat (crumbled)
    add cheese to the center
    roll up the meat into a loaf with the bacon and cheese in the middle pinch ends so the cheese doesn't leak out
    add the 3or4 slices of bacon (uncooked) to the top and put ketsup or barbaque sause on top.

Banned

nothing quicker supper #1
    One large jar canned venison (canned with onion and green peppers in it)
    1 pack soft taco or burrito shells
    cheddar cheese
    shred the meat mixture, add one pack taco seasoning and a 1/2 cup water. roll up meat mixture and cheese and heat in oven till the shells just start to crisp on the edges.

Banned

nothing quicker #2
    I quart canned venison
    1 can cream of mush soup
    I quart canned potatoes
    I can my venison with onions salt and pepper so just heat the potaoes in the microwave and the soup and meat on the stove. 10 minute supper that will please about anyone.

Banned

to late for tonight because ive got stuff out to make marys bisquick breakfast but im trying this tommarow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Garlic butter burger

1/2 teaspoon Lawrys
    1/4 cup melted butter

Moderator Emeritus

MaryB., I am enclosing 2 recipes that my grandmother said were her great-great grandmother's that she developed when she came to TEXAS in 1850's:

Grandma's Goulash

2 T butter
    2 large onions (yellow) - chopped
    2 C Ham diced
    2 T sugar (or to taste)
    1 tsp salt
    2 T chili powder
    2 cans of tomatoes (16 oz) - run through a blender
    1 can of cut okra

Saute onions with ham in butter for about 15 to 20 minutes in a skillet. Add sugar, salt and chili powder and blend, mix, well. Cook for 5 to 10 miniutes and then add tomatoes, juice and all, into skillet. Add okra until thick.....

Gandma's spaghetti:

1/4 - 1/2 C. butter
    1 medium onion (yellow or white) - chopped
    1 green bell pepper - chopped
    2 pieces of fresh garlic - smashed - can increase to your taste
    2 small cans of chopped tomatoes
    1 - 3 T. of sugar
    1-1/2 T. of chili powder - or to taste
    1 T. cumin
    1/2 to 1 tsp. cayene powder
    1 tomato can of water
    8 oz. to 1 lb. of spaghetti (cooked)

In a skillet place the butter and heat. Add onion, fresh garlic, and green pepper and cook, saute, for 10 -15 minutes. Add sugar, chili powder, water cumin and cayene powder. Cook on low heat while preparing spaghetti. Drain spaghetti and add to the mixture. Continue to cook until thoroughly blended. This recipe gets better with time....kind of like chili....While the origional recipe did not have meat in it you can add ground beef or venison that is browned prior to adding to the mixture.

buckwheatpaul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

I can add a canning and preserving section, lots of pickle recipes etc that would be nice to be shared

Mary, thank you for the work you are putting into this! If ever our paths may cross, I'll buy you a beer.

Moderator Emeritus

I like preserving recipes for down home cooking, to many cookbooks these days call for oddball stuff you can only find in a big city. And yes I have a huge cookbook collection on the computer, some of mine, some of my families, some I downloaded... but as I said many of them call for stuff you will not find in rural meat and potatoes MN. I can order some from Amazon but most I sub something or use the recipe to create a new recipe using entirely different foods and flavors...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Garlic butter burger

1/2 teaspoon Lawrys
    1/4 cup melted butter

Sir what is Lawrys?
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 02-17-2015 at 11:24 PM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Sir what is Lawrys?
    Lawrys is seasoned salt.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Humm how abouts squirrels stew,first you need one or two round ball loads for your favorite firearm,a cup or two of birdseeds,when the wife and next door neighbors are not home load the rb-loads and stock up the Bird feeders,shot the first squirrel to show up and maybe even the second squirrel to show,clean and dress squirrels place in to a deep pot cover with water add a pinch or two of salt and two large onions chopped into larger chunks bring to boil,the form on top is just fat and blood for the fresh squirrels,stirring it back in to the Post.once the meat is cooked remove it from the pot and sit it aside to cool,then add a few potatoes,a can/quart jar of sweet peas a jar of corn,a couple jars of whole tomatoes,another pinch or two of salt and a little black pepper simmer on low heat for the next few hours,now while that is cooking bone out the squirrel meat you set aside to cool,then stirring occasionally add the squirrel meat back in to the stew,fix a skillet of corn bread and serve with butter and cold milk,on a cold winter evening I'll add a pinch or two of crushed red pepper to my bowel before adding the stew
    Mum guess what I'm planning for dinner tomorrow.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 02-17-2015 at 11:53 PM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast