Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Home Made Fresh Peach Ice Cream

Boolit Grand Master

Home Made Fresh Peach Ice Cream

This recipe is the best and our family's favorite .
    Makes one gallon

Ingredients:
    2 1/2 pounds fresh tree ripened peaches, PPC - peeled , pitted and chopped .

1 pint half & half

1/2 or 1 cup white sugar (we like 1 cup sugar but you can use 1/2 cup for a less sweet ice cream)

1 - 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 - 12 oz. can - Evaporated Milk

1 teaspoon good Vanilla Extract

2 cups whole milk or as needed

Directions:
    Working in batches, puree peaches with half & half and sugar in a blender or food processor... leave some chunky bits for texture .

Mix together peach mixture , sweetened condensed milk , evaporated milk and vanilla in a gallon ice cream freezer container . Pour in enough whole milk in the container to reach the fill line ...about 2 cups .

Put mixture into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's directions .
    Chilling the mix first (overnight) will help the ice cream freeze faster .

The secrete is good tree ripened sweet peaches ... if the peaches don't taste good ... no amount of sugar will help !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 08-04-2023 at 04:43 PM. Reason: left out evaporated milk & spelling
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

For all of those who talked about making Fresh Peach Ice Cream ...
    I know peaches aren't in season ... but it's hot out there and some good peach ice cream would be so refreshing ... Use Frozen Peaches that are in the supermarket !
    Maybe not quite as good as fresh ... but they are in season (the freezer) and they are already Picked , Peeled , Pitted and Sliced ...Great Value (Wally Mart) 16 ozs is $2.68 ... 3 bags will do the job .

And while your there , think about other flavor's ... in the freezer section they have other frozen fruit besides Peaches ... they have Strawberries , Blackberries , Blueberries , Mango , and a Triple Berry Blend ... just substitute any of the other frozen fruits for the Peaches and make a different flavor... and what's so good is you don't have to Grow , Pick , Peel Pit or Chop anything ... just open the bag !
    If it got any easier ... it would be a sin !

I have used a lot of frozen Strawberries in Ice Cream and Jam and they are good .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Save the recipe , thank you.

Well gosh, we've got lots of pears setting this year but not hardly any peaches.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow that sounds good........................Curdog

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Well gosh, we've got lots of pears setting this year but not hardly any peaches.
    I would be more than willing to try Fresh Pear Ice Cream ... Sounds like a Winner !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I can whole heartily recommend this recipe. I have it printed off and have used it to make several rounds of homemade ice crème. I've just substituted other flavors instead of using the peaches in order to give us more variety. I have made peach, straw berry, blue berry, butter finger, vanilla, and plan to do a cappuccino flavored chocolate soon. Also on the menu is three musketeer flavor. I usually add miniature marshmallows to the candy recipes to help it along. It is good no matter how you do it. Thanks Gary for the recipe and the nudge to do it.
    Stan
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    I can whole heartily recommend this recipe. I have it printed off and have used it to make several rounds of homemade ice crème. I've just substituted other flavors instead of using the peaches in order to give us more variety. I have made peach, straw berry, blue berry, butter finger, vanilla, and plan to do a cappuccino flavored chocolate soon. Also on the menu is three musketeer flavor. I usually add miniature marshmallows to the candy recipes to help it along. It is good no matter how you do it. Thanks Gary for the recipe and the nudge to do it.
    Stan
    You is very welcome !

Butter Finger ... Awesome ! I hadn't thought of that ... Thank You Smoked Turkey!
    This gets me to thinking ... crushed Heath Bar , Crushed Oreo's ... Oh My !!!

The possibilities are endless !

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Yes they are almost endless. Those of us with a sweet tooth can come up with a lot of good ice crème recipes. As someone said about another topic "there's not a dog in the bunch".
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

We use almost the same recipe and I agree that tree ripe peaches and pureeing them small enough that they don't clog up the dasher makes some really good ice cream.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle