RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Kimber 22 Rimfire Target (silver) 1911 style

Kimber 22 Rimfire Target (silver) 1911 style

All -

I'm interested in learning if others have had a similar experience as my cousing who spent about $800 for a brand new Kimber 22 rimifire (target) silver. He spent this amount of money in the belief he'd get an auto loading rimfire that would preform well for a long time.

He got just the opposite - the pistol jammed constantly. He returned it twice to the factory for repairs. Both times it was worked on and retruned. Both times the repairs were failures - the pistol continued to have the same type of jam on nearly every round.

Out of desparation, he brought his pistol to a local gunsmith who upon seeing the pistol and hearing of the jamming problem immediately informed him that he'd seen this issue before and that this model pistol simply wouldn't work unless using "mini-mag" ammo.

Nothing in the product description says anything other than "22 LR". The gunsmith offered to sell the pistol for him, with full disclosure about the ammo needed to operate it. The gun was sold with the ammo disclosure, and my cousin bought a Ruger 22 auto loader. This one works flawlessly.

Question - has anyone had this issue occur to them, and do you have any more information on this particualr product and its issues?

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Master

I have a Kimber 22lr conversion kit ! I changed the hammer/main spring to a reduced power spring of around 19 lbs on a pirated 1911 45 acp frame , been shooting it for four years now almost every weekend with very little problems .
    USING 22lr HV ammo with plated bullets means at least 1,250 fps as stated in my directions for my kit !
    A friend has the custom shop 1911 22lr handgun and he had some issues for the first five hundred rounds but it slowly worked out its problems, now its running fine !

Boolit Buddy
    Yes but not on a kimber, I have a sig mosquito that is ammo sensitive but it runs great with the correct stuff

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot a Marvel conversion on a 1911 frame. In the last 13 years I have shot 10 cases of standard velocity through it.
    It runs near perfect. The unit will still shoot under an inch at 50 yds.
    Distinguished, Master,2600 club, President 100 badge holder.