Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bisquick egg, bacon, onion, cheddar pie

Boolit Master
    pdf worked for me... I like cookbooks, I am not much on electronic ones so i am kinda back and forth on the idea.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Buddy

pdf worked for me. Recipe book needs to include ddaniel's cinnamon rolls. Them were good.jroc
    My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

spstocksandgrips.com

Texan Loadmaster Model T, Lyman All American Turret, Forster Co-Ax,

Moderator Emeritus

I can print to my laser printer, so-so print quality because it is on its way out. Or once you have the pdf file print it yourself and then use the clear page protectors in a 3 ring binder(what I do with my loose recipes in the kitchen.)

pdf worked for me, im in also
    Giving money and power to Government, is like giving Whiskey and Car Keys to teenage boys!!!!

REMEMBER,,, Boys and Girls,,, An EMPTY gun is just an ugly club!!!!

Moderator Emeritus

As I see recipes I will start a collection, put it together all year and see what we have in the beginning of dec. If you know a recipe that should be included PM me the link or the recipe!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    An old standby I make now and then if I have milk in the house(I can't drink it and be in public places...). This can be scaled to any amount and was a standby at the deer camp for breakfast or lunch. Makes 2 large servings.

12 oz bacon cut into bite sized pieces and fried until crisp. Save the fat
    4 eggs
    1 cup milk
    1/2 medium onion grated or chopped(I was grating cheese so...)
    4oz shredded extra sharp cheddar(or more)
    Bisquick as needed(I never measure this so not even a guess)
    S&P to taste

Beat the eggs and add the milk and mix well. Add the onions and 2/3 cheese and stir in. Add Bisquick until you have a runny pancake batter, if it gets to thick just add a splash of milk. Add salt and pepper at this point but remember the bacon and cheese add salt. Put a tablespoon or so of fat in the baking dish and coat the bottom and sides then add the bacon and spread it out. Add the batter mix and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Yes that is my finest paper plate!

My wife made your recipe for breakfast this morning. She's gone tomorrow, and there's enough left for me in the morning, but just barely!!!mm Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Boolit Master
    Looks YUM, me like food
    PDF worked for me, printed and going home with me tonight !
    I'm in on the yearly cookbook!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

I made this today for my sweety. Didn't use as much bacon and had no strong cheese.
    Was still pretty good. We did something different though.

My wife makes a recipe called scrapple an old german dutch dish with maple syrup poured on it.
    We tried your recipe with maple syrup, was mighty fine.

Thanks Mary B for the recipe.

Oh and we had used the same fine china also

LaMar
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

bhn22
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I can print to my laser printer, so-so print quality because it is on its way out. Or once you have the pdf file print it yourself and then use the clear page protectors in a 3 ring binder(what I do with my loose recipes in the kitchen.)
    How did we know that you of all people, would have a laser printer?

bhn22
    Mom used to make a similar breakfast casserole with spiced apple rings & ling sausage.

I need to go to the store now.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    Ha! You have the same dinnerware pattern that I do.
    Can be re-purposed as a target when finished.

Thanks for the recipe!

Hi Mary,
    Thanks for sharing.......the breakfast casserole and lasagna recipes are on the list to try this week. Both sound good meals for the artic blast!
    You may want to add a fish/seafood section to the "Cook Book".

Phil
    If God had intended us to not eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat."

John Cleese

Moderator Emeritus

Will do, going to start a recipe thread to post them in, be easiest for me to find them in one spot.

Anything goes in that egg pie, sweet, savory, I have made it with garlic and Parmesan and topped with spaghetti sauce...

Boolit Buddy

MaryB,

I made this today for lunch since SWMBO is out of town. It was really simple and absolutely good, I added to my recipe file .....

P.S. Mine took 40 minutes at 375*.
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Moderator Emeritus

Why we used it at deer camp. I would make it the night before and into the fridge then bake it when we came in for lunch.

Boolit Master

MaryB that looks good once again your tastes and mine coincide. My daughter asked if we could make this on Sunday. Is that fine China in the photo a priceless family heirloom?,a weeding gift? If so we may have some of the same cheapskate relatives.

Boolit Grand Master

I think this recipe will make it into my recipe book, just happen to have a rather forlorn-looking box of Bisquick on the counter at the moment.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Fresh bread. a little over one cup warm water, 1/4 cup sugar, more if you like sweeter bread, 1 1/2 tablespoons yeast, when yeast is all foamy add 1/4teaspone salt, a splash of oil,
    3 cups + -, of bread flower, depends on how dry your flower is, kneed for 10 minutes to develop gluten, oil bowl and turn to oil all sides, cover with damp towel, let rise for about 1 1/2 hours, punch down and put in 5x9 loaf pan, let rise for about 3/4 hour, about 1" above bread pan, bake for 35 minutes, my oven runs cooler so I bake at 360 degs. I put a pan of water in lower rack when I turn oven on while bread in pan rises and bakes. In about 3 hours fresh bread.

Boolit Master
    [ Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    An old standby I make now and then if I have milk in the house(I can't drink it and be in public places...). This can be scaled to any amount and was a standby at the deer camp for breakfast or lunch. Makes 2 large servings.

12 oz bacon cut into bite sized pieces and fried until crisp. Save the fat
    4 eggs
    1 cup milk
    1/2 medium onion grated or chopped(I was grating cheese so...)
    4oz shredded extra sharp cheddar(or more)
    Bisquick as needed(I never measure this so not even a guess)
    S&P to taste

Beat the eggs and add the milk and mix well. Add the onions and 2/3 cheese and stir in. Add Bisquick until you have a runny pancake batter, if it gets to thick just add a splash of milk. Add salt and pepper at this point but remember the bacon and cheese add salt. Put a tablespoon or so of fat in the baking dish and coat the bottom and sides then add the bacon and spread it out. Add the batter mix and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.]

make similar? use one lb. ground pork instead of bacon, dozen eggs, cream, or 1/2 and 1/2, onions, green peppers, some pepper and cheese, all mixed with day old bread cubed, bake at about 350 deg for about one hour, in glass pan that has been oiled, nice crust, easy clean up.

Boolit Grand Master

When the wife and I were first married and our two children were babies ...
    money was tight ( take home pay was $75.00 week) ... She cooked a lot of suppers with Bis-Quick using the recipes on the box ... this one with bacon or Jimmy Dean Sausage , was one of my favorites ...
    Thanks for bringing back the memories ...
    I know we have eggs and cheese ... need to check for Bis-Quick !
    This reminds me of the Bisquick Coffee Cake recipe ... that was so good and her Bisquick chicken and dumplings ... Lordy this is making me hungry ... I'm putting Bis-Quick on the shopping list right now .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast