Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Dillon Precision Internet Order Issues?

Boolit Bub

Dillon Precision Internet Order Issues?

Any one else have issues when they order online from Dillon?

I placed an order on 2/2 for a 550 and some accessories. Only shipping option was Fedex 2nd day Air with and expected delivery date of 2/5. While Fedex does a horrible job delivering out here in rural Wyoming I went ahead and placed the order. I never got an email receipt or any confirmation of my order so I checked my account to check that the order went through. Everything looked good.

Yesterday (2/5) I'm at work when I get a call from Dillon asking for a physical address for the shipment, I told the rep my address and said that it was on my order invoice and the cs rep just told me that they would ship it out and that I would receive the tracking info later at my email address.

I still did not have any updates on my order from Dillon today, so I just called and spoke with another rep and asked for the tracking info. After again being told that I did not have a physical address, I was given a tracking number and told that my order went out yesterday...via UPS ground...

Just tracked both numbers on UPS.com and one shows as invalid, the other shows as label created on 2/6.

I chose a Dillon press because of Dillon's cs reputation, but is this the level of customer service I can expect from Dillon?

Or do I just need to order on the phone next time?

Boolit Master

I have done it both ways, email and phone. No problems but I have a 'normal' address.
    good luck on getting it delivered.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Perma-Banned

I have had problems with them communicating the status of my order, before. AND, I have gotten to the point the only kind of shipping that I want is USPS...I despise UPS and Fedex and Fedex is the only shipper that Dillon uses.

Boolit Master

I have had a few issues getting their page to work right by showing me what I want to see, but have had no problems ordering stuff.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Good luck, and be patient. The last time I had an order shipped by them via UPS. UPS took nine (9) weekdays from pickup to delivery to get here in Texas.

That said, I've had nothing but stellar performance from Dillon products and customer service since 1986. About three months ago they replaced a powder measure free of charge due to wear and galling. I'd had it since 1986, I sent it in for repair or other remedy, and a few days later I got a brand new one in exchange. They are top notch, but I think that they are probably still overwhelmed with orders due to Obamascare.
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!