Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .010" hard al. checks from SAGES OUTDOORS

Sage was kind enough to send me a sample pack of .35cal aluminum checks to try. They are very nice checks. Sized to .357" they were loose on the Ranch Dog 9mm bullets. I am going to hitek coat the bullets and see if the checks fit tighter.

Looks like my new 360230 gr. boolit likes this check too. Had another rainy, windy day, but managed to get everything done before the heavy rain set in.
    54 gr. of imr4350 shot well again and also 55 1/2 gr.
    54 gr. 4350 put 5 shots in 1.6" @ 100 yds. @ 2195 fps. chronoed with an overcast sky
    55 1/2 gr. imr 4350 put 3 shots in 1 3/8" @ 100 yds.

I just shot 3 shot groups past the 54 gr. load looking for accuracy potential. I think these new checks are shooting great and hopefully the weather will settle down before long and get some calm sunny days to shoot on. We're not getting the snow that parts of the country is getting, but the rain and cold is sure hanging on here. Spring is right around the corner though!!!

Shot another group today to verify the 54 gr. imr4350 load with the 230 gr. boolit and the .010" hard checks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	134036
    Anyone else tried these checks yet? I'm sure there's lots of good checks available out there...This .010" hard al. check is definitly one of them!!
    The 4th shot is hard to spot in this pic...it barely opened the bottom of the first shot and very slightly right. I'm liking this new noe 360230 boolit too and of course i used Ben's Red lube!!
    Btw the group was fired on a cold clean bbl.

In Remembrance
    We had to erase our the blog on our new website to get it on line. The blog had a nice article of one of my customers testing the new 35 checks in his 9mm carbine at 1400 fps. He was crimping the checks onto 358 bullets and sizing them again with a .356 die. He was getting some nice groups. Hopefully we can post his pictures and write up for all to see. James

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Sage was kind enough to send me a sample pack of .35cal aluminum checks to try. They are very nice checks. Sized to .357" they were loose on the Ranch Dog 9mm bullets. I am going to hitek coat the bullets and see if the checks fit tighter.

That's a great group, good shooting! I've got a sample pack of those checks too but, haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Just a few more loads and I'll have to mold up some more and will try Sage's checks then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodogsandman View Post
    That's a great group, good shooting! I've got a sample pack of those checks too but, haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Just a few more loads and I'll have to mold up some more and will try Sage's checks then.
    Thanks Yodog, i think you'll like these checks. They shoot every bit as good as the best i have made,and i have to heat treat my homeade checks to get them to do as well.
    I enjoy making my own checks, but this sure skips all the time and effort.Whether i make any more or not i will have a supply of these on hand from now on and i'm getting low on them now. Time to make my order!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12