RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alaskan Bush People

Boolit Master

Alaskan Bush People

What is the story behind this family. How did they purchase property buy boats etc. Who are they?
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    It's the same as all of the other so called reality shows that seem to attract a good size viewing audience for the tv tycoons that produce them. I take a Will Rogers approach to all of these types of programs and that is "I believe nothing that I read and only half of what I see" It's all set up, I will say this about the so called Bush People. They have all been in some remote location as I've never heard an accent like they speak in my 68 years. Take Care David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master

If you listen to the intro, it seems the father is an author, and was a fisherman. They do have ALOT of new gear for "Bush" people.
    You have to remember....."It's TV"....and not "Reality".

My wife and kids watch all that stuff. Can't hardly gut out an hour show. As far as buying all that stuff I'm sure the network pays them handsomely for airing there so called bush people show. Makes it a whole lot easier to buy land, boats and new tools with fiberglass handles when you get free money to make a fool of yourself.

If you are talking about the Browns There Actually from Texas LOL.

Boolit Master

Skunk, It is not free money. That is a lot of work making a fool out of your self at that level ! To bad nobody would vidio tape me I would be rich LOL FB

Boolit Buddy

Its fake.

Think about watching a country boy who has been hunting, doing whatver that pops had him doing it with him since diapers. Yeah, it can be pretty impressive. Even if there has been a few year break. Perfect example, my uncle grew up butchering cattle on the farm. He hated it and would get sick to his stomach. So he learned to be even faster. 15 years later at least no cattle butchering, my cousin and I'd play all stupid trying to gut the deer and then skin it. Hed finally get frustrated push us out of the way and he'd be puking off to side and be done in seconds literally while gaging, choking etc. It was amazing and funny as all get up to watch. Wed do it every year to BIM too. Think trained soldier, fisherman etc. There's just a way they do things because of years of experience.

There are a lot of things from a hunting, outdoor perspective, no way can I believe a bush person would do. Rookie mistakes. Some ways they carry themselves, I. Woods. Just doesn't make sense and screams they haven't don't this a lot. Watching them shoot the other day was pretty hilarious too. Take a deep breath and shoot.

Banned

the story is they were all dropped on their head as baby's.

Boolit Buddy

thumbs up to you sir. I believe you hit the nail on the head literally

Boolit Master

+1 R F R.....now THAT......sounds like reality.!!

In Remembrance

Made for TV drama for the most part. Working cattle without using the squeeze chute so boys could learn. If they waited to that age to get innitiated in working cattle then they weren't raised on a working ranch. Most of what they portray speaks greenhorn city folks.

Boolit Master

Not to be confrontational, but,....I do believe you have the multitude of Alaska "Reality" shows mixed up.

Grew up on a hog farm. Know what it's like. Every morning, every night, no breaks from the schedule. 400 head every year the old fashion way in the mud and $&@?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhammer View Post
    Its fake.

Think about watching a country boy who has been hunting, doing whatver that pops had him doing it with him since diapers. Yeah, it can be pretty impressive. Even if there has been a few year break. Perfect example, my uncle grew up butchering cattle on the farm. He hated it and would get sick to his stomach. So he learned to be even faster. 15 years later at least no cattle butchering, my cousin and I'd play all stupid trying to gut the deer and then skin it. Hed finally get frustrated push us out of the way and he'd be puking off to side and be done in seconds literally while gaging, choking etc. It was amazing and funny as all get up to watch. Wed do it every year to BIM too. Think trained soldier, fisherman etc. There's just a way they do things because of years of experience.

There are a lot of things from a hunting, outdoor perspective, no way can I believe a bush person would do. Rookie mistakes. Some ways they carry themselves, I. Woods. Just doesn't make sense and screams they haven't don't this a lot. Watching them shoot the other day was pretty hilarious too. Take a deep breath and shoot.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DLCTEX View Post
    Made for TV drama for the most part. Working cattle without using the squeeze chute so boys could learn. If they waited to that age to get innitiated in working cattle then they weren't raised on a working ranch. Most of what they portray speaks greenhorn city folks.
    If you asked me to work cattle without a chute you can go shoot yourself. I'm agreeing with you. They don't add up just right.

They supposedly have "lost everything" at least 2-3 time since the shows inception. Yet they are able to buy land, boats, guns and other supplies deemed necessary in the wilderness. While I'm no survivalist I find many of the things they do in the name of survival, a$$ backwards, often counter productive and sometimes downright silly.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    If you are talking about the Browns There Actually from Texas LOL.
    That explains a lot!
    Charter Member #148

Moderator Emeritus

Different show, that is Alaska The Last Frontier and is a real family

Boolit Buddy
    Most of the Brown's are also up on felony charges for false dividend reporting.

Agree. Trailer park hillbillies.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Different show, that is Alaska The Last Frontier and is a real family
    The Last Frontier reminds me of my childhood in Northern Minnesota...........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast