Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data Titan Reloading

View Poll Results: Where are you on the "Honey-Do-List"????

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always on top of it! I love being busy.

2 2.15%
  • I'm so far behind, I can't see mine!

30 32.26%
  • HAHHAHAHAHA! I just play all day.

5 5.38%
  • List? There's a list? I didn't sign up for that.

43 46.24%
  • Dang WILCO! She jusst added to mine.

2 2.15%
  • Really WILCO? Really?

13 13.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are you on the "Honey-Do-List"????

Ha, one step forward and two steps back. It just never ends.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

If you take a tape measure and measure from your refrigerator door handle down at about 45 degrees to the floor and cut a 2 x 4 that long you can then prop it under the door handle and that list will no longer be able to tip the refrigerator over.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Sadly Miss has her daily/weekly does list I look around at all of the should have done it last season jobs that still need doing . This year Fridays will be more productive . Maybe I should have a getter did list.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    That happened to the dry erase board here once. There used to be a list on it but one day after returning home from a bad day at work and seeing the list grew Again it went blank NEVER to return.
    Yeah there is a list but I have come to the honest realization it will never be completely done, so I work on it when I Must.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Generous Donator

Quote Originally Posted by doc1876 View Post
    texgunnut, been there, don't envy you

Crazymark, there are ceramic wire nuts for high heat use. They are hard to find, and expensive, but really worth it.
    They are what I used on the heaters. The wire came with a bag of 12 of them. I have to buy some more. Graingers or Johnstone Supply has them.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by paul h View Post
    There should of been option for I'm in deep do-do

Actually for once I'm pretty much on top of the list as we'll be moving in a few weeks so I need to finally get all those misc odds and ends finished up. I'm pretty much down to touching up paint here and there and finishing installing trim in a few spots after we had the carpet replaced a couple years ago.

In theory with a new house I shouldn't have a honey-do list, but between finishing the unfinished basement and building a new workbench/shop in the garage I'll be busy for a few months. Of course there will be a difference in opinion as to the importance of finishing the work bench vs. the basement
    How can you possibly finish the basement without a workbench!??
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    The work bench is going in the garage, L shaped 22'X10' should be enough room for reloading equipment and other hobbies.

The basement is really more of a third story as it's a walk out basement, art studio for the wife, entertainment room, play room and a 4th bath.

Hey I am always at the top of my ladies list, OH which list is it we are talking about? Doesn't matter my name will be at the top of it.
    Cd, CD,
    Do this You didn'do
    this You forgot that one
    then do this you never finish that job.

See guys I am at the top of her list always, She must really love me for me to have stayed at the top for 15 yrs.
    and fix that
    And by the way I always have the last word spoken " yes mamam I'll take care of that right now!
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Only one thing on my to do list: Honey
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Buddy
    My honey-do list is slowing getting under control. In spring of 2012, we demo'd the whole 2nd floor of the house (cape cod style) and added a full 2nd story. That was the quick part. 5 guys starting late Friday morning and had it in tyvek and shingled by Sunday at lunch.

Then the baby came and money/time got reprioritized. Finally making headway and should be ready to move the bedrooms upstairs by Spring.

.....Plus all the other things that go wrong with a house built in 1942 using lumber and materials from another house/barn that was salvaged. (that was an interesting find during demo)

I think careful management of the honey-do list is the reason for our successful 17 years of marriage. My dedication to making sure that no major project ends without another being started first means that getting rid of me and hiring the work completion is simply too much hassle. Dear wife does her part by coming up with new ideas. I have re-done gardens or landscaping so many times I'm on a first name basis with many of those shovels full of dirt.

Also helps that I stack heavy lead in the wrong spot, requiring it to be moved yet again. All part of my plan to make myself indispensable to dear wife.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

I've been married to the same gal for over 50 years. The list is long and I'm getting slow.
    I don't ever expect to complete it, or it to even get short. As long as there is a list, I'm still needed, and we are still depending on each other.

Somewhere in the middle just about where I started

I do not have any one to give me a list.I see what i think need to do get done at the time and go from there
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy Charlie, AKA The Deacon's Avatar
    Cannot remember where I put it, if I ever had one. maybe the dog ate it not sure.
    MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Now you got me wondering why my bride of 47 years has always called it a hen house list--heck we don't even keep layin' hens anymore.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Back to the top!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I don't do a Honey Do list.. I always do the very best I can for my family.. They know that...
    I sacrifice whatever necessary for their well being..
    My wife and daughter are very sick..I love them both more than I love my own life..so I do the very best I can..

Boolit Bub

Years ago (before we had kids), I gave a buddy of mine a coffee cup. He had 4 kids at the time, and is now up to 6! That coffee cup had printed on it, "If it ain't broke, it ain't mine!".

I need that cup back....
    "Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight" ~Col. Jeff Cooper~

Boolit Bub
    Got smart and dismissed the creator of the blasted list a few years ago. Much happier now and just do what I think needs doing at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast