Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Group buy on Lee 6 cavity mold- Lyman 452423

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Another one, dogdoc on old board.

I think I'm a little confused by different numbers I see associated with this project. Did we decide this was a .452 or a .454 as cast?
    Regards,

WE

Quote Originally Posted by C1PNR
    I think I'm a little confused by different numbers I see associated with this project. Did we decide this was a .452 or a .454 as cast?
    .454" as cast with straight wheelweight alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by C1PNR
    Hardcast,

No need for ? after my name. I'm in for 1 each 6 cavity 454423 mould!

Presume you will either post address for payment, or PM or email us.

Thanks for doing this!
    I see now you typed 454423. The Lyman mold number was 452423. At one time, Lyman listed their 255 gr Keith style .45 boolit as 454424. Maybe that's where the confusion originated. We are ordering a copy of the 238 gr Keith boolit (#452423) specifying it drop out of the mold at .454" with wheelweights. (See drawing). Now I am wondering if I mis-typed it in one of the many posts I've made on the forums.

Boolit Master

Please add me (zivendine-ok@yahoo.com) to the list. Do we get the money order made out to Lee, and is Lee going to send it directly to us??

Re: 452423

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek
    Please add me (zivendine-ok@yahoo.com) to the list. Do we get the money order made out to Lee, and is Lee going to send it directly to us??
    azrednek,

You are number 23. Ever so close to the magic 25! Here's how it works:
    I collect the money (make them out to me) and I will send the drawing to Lee. I will also pay Lee at the appropriate time. When the molds are done they ship them all to me and I send them out to the individual buyers. I'll be making a post about it soon.

Boolit Master
    I just posted a link to this over on glocktalk and a couple of other 1911 forums hopefully that will put us over the top.
    Eric
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Man

#452423 group buy

...Please add my name to the order for the 452423 LEE mould order.

...old goat

OK folks, I think we have enough to start. Instructions are on the first post of this thread. The 3 week timer is on starting tomorrow.

Boolit Buddy
    Hardcast,

I just found out about this deal. Please add my name to the list for 1. Thanks,

Mack Heath

Quote Originally Posted by Rrusse11
    Hardcast,
    Oh I've got most of the Group Buys, great value, and as you say, could sell any of 'em in a heartbeat, but that would be so against the grain, , and VERY unlikely to happen.
    The ballistics outa' any FN boolit in a lever , especially in one of the pistol cartridges, means that 100yds is what one can reasonably expect. Guessin' here the BC would be on the order of .100. But lotsa' punch out to that 100.
    More than adequate for woods ranges here in the NE.
    Gettin' the mould is a great excuse to grab one of the Marlin 1894's in 45LC with a 24" octagon barrel. I can usually push my hardcast to around 1700fps, though with a checked version, my bet is I could get considerably further,
    Cheers,
    R*2
    Gents,
    Sheesh, and a M1894 in the above mentioned cal/configuration just followed me home today,,,,,,, http://castboolits.gunloads.com/viewtopic.php?t=63

Boys I'm going to pull My hat out of the ring
    I think the BD RCBs look more like the bullet I'm looking for
    for my 45 ACP Springer. Don't plan on ever owning a 45ACP
    revolver.

Boolit Bub
    Sounds like you have a good design there, would like to be put down to buy one. First time here so I am not familar with process to proceed with ordering if it is still a go or I might be too late. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Sounds like you have a good design there, would like to be put down to buy one. First time here so I am not familar with process to proceed with ordering if it is still a go or I might be too late. Thank you for your time.
    Cliff,
    Welcome to the group. Ordering instructions are on the first post of this thread. You are not too late.

Super Moderator

................Any idea of a cutoff date on this mould order yet? I would kind of like to also get one. However I'm buying 2 of my own 6.5's, and the 311440. With a trip to AZ and back (with fuel prices, etc) I'm a bit thin and do NOT want to make a definate commitment if the time is too short.

Advise, please?

....................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot
    ................Any idea of a cutoff date on this mould order yet? I would kind of like to also get one. However I'm buying 2 of my own 6.5's, and the 311440. With a trip to AZ and back (with fuel prices, etc) I'm a bit thin and do NOT want to make a definate commitment if the time is too short.

Advise, please?

....................Buckshot
    Buckshot,
    Well over 30 people have posted they want in on the buy. So far 26 have e-mailed me for the address to send payment. I have received checks for 12 molds. Counting my order and my neighbor's, that 15 molds. I am expecting a few more checks this coming week, which will be week 3 of the 3 week check mailing period. Whether we get 25 molds paid for by the end of the 3 week period, or not, remains to be seen. So as of right now, the best I can tell you is a definite maybe. As soon as we have the minimum order of 25, I suppose we will set a cutoff date. (that my best guess)

Just in case anyone missed it, the list of zip codes for payments received is on a separate thread in this forum. We are well on our way to having the 25 mold orders required to place the order.

Hardcast,
    I mailed my check Friday 04/15. Should get to you early this week.

Brian

We now have 23 molds paid for, including my neighbor's and my own. Need 2 more to have our 25 orders. Does anyone else have a check on the way? 45_2.1, have you sent the drawing yet ?

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    My check and the drawing are coming your way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast