Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: daniel defense m4a1

Boolit Man

daniel defense m4a1

I'm looking to get one of these. I've heard they are top of the line can anyone add anything?

Boolit Master
    They tend to be good quality, and are considered a 'Tier 1' rifle by those who believe in such things. That said, they are most certainly not infallible. I've had my share of problems with their stuff, right out of the box.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Vendor Sponsor

These are not cheap guns! and when looking at AR's one really has to consider the price versus the performance. Past a certain point,,, Currently about $600, you are paying for "supposed quality" that you may not be able to realize in use. Del-tons are pretty hard to beat.

AR's have evolved to the point where just about any of them are good enough to do the intended job, and it becomes more about YOUR ability to run the gun than the actual gun itself. It matters little if a gun malfunctions once every few hundred rounds, if you know how to fix the malfunction you will lose a second or so. Now if it is malfunctioning once every magazine there is something wrong and it needs to be fixed. But this can happen to a $2000 gun just as easily as it can happen to a $600 gun.

One thing Daniel Defense has that I really like is their new buttstock. We saw them last year at SHOT and fell in love immediately, and my Bro in law bought one for one of his AR's. I like the way it rolls into your shoulder pocket. Very slick. The gun was also pretty light just below 6 lbs. but it was $2500 too. My Bushmaster Carbon 15 is lighter and it was $700 and after I spent another $300 on it,,, it is exactly what I want in an AR!

Only you can decide if you will get your monies worth out of any gun. With AR's it just becomes more difficult to figure out since there are literally hundreds of variations and hundreds more modifications you can do to any given gun. In the end they are all pretty much the same gun, and it matters little if you spend $1000,2000, or $3000.

I know I have beat plenty of the $1000-3000 + ones with my Kel-Tec, and Mini 14. In the end it's really more about you than the gun. and I'd look into spending some money on training as opposed to on hardware that you can't get the most out of.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I build my most of my own, focus on triggers and barrels. Daniel Defense has a good rep for the higher end guns and their hammer forge barrels.
    While i like my $600 M&P sport it is a 2 inch gun. A good barrel AR is a 3/4 inch gun.

Boolit Master

I often wonder how many different brands of ARs people have seen or used when they give their recommendations. Any search can provide positive and negative reviews for particular products, most opinions are not meaningfully qualified. When it comes to ARs I try to see what the people who conduct carbine classes are seeing and saying. Of course those guys seem to be sponsored so they might be biased too. But for a little more money I went with the consensus on the two main AR websites: BCM. I have never had a failure to do anything in thousands of rounds (a sample of two rifles).

Love Life
    I've never taken a carbine class so I will bow out of the discussion.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I've never taken a carbine class so I will bow out of the discussion.

I never have either. But I will say that the Air Force' old Colts with their 30 year old magazines always gave fits.

Boolit Master
    I have taken 4, the first with a old Colt Hbar, it never had a problem but my arms got too tired.
    The second with a red dot M&P sport ran well, just one malfunction. Instructor said gun was too dry. Third time was a home built, it went down early one due to loose scope ring so I finised up with my M&P sport. The last class was with an AK74 Arsenal, these are great rifles. Thing about classes is accuracy is secondary to reliability since distance is normally short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I never have either. But I will say that the Air Force' old Colts with their 30 year old magazines always gave fits.

Banned

Worst trigger I have ever felt in an AR

I will second the opinion on Bravo company Rifles (BCM),
    You can spend significantly less and have an as good/better rifle.
    This is a MUCH lighter, Higher quality upper group from BCM:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...-bfh-kmr13.htm
    Here's a lower... plug and play.
    http://www.rainierarms.com/bcm-lower-group-no-stock
    Here is the furniture set from the DDm4a1:
    https://danieldefense.com/furniture/...-mil-spec.html
    All that, and you still have about 700 bucks o spend on Ammo, mags, or accessories.

I'm not trying to plug any one company for any reason.
    I have 2 BCM uppers, they run like a top and the light weight option is fantastic at carbine courses.

There is nothing wrong with that DDM4A1. I think you are just paying a lot for the name.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Man
    Thank you. I ended up looking at a lot of AR's and settled on a stag model 1 with the money I have left over I can get a better trigger and a sweet Leupold scope.
    I'm going to use this for coyote and I couldn't beat the price.
    Thanks for all your input.