Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Excel Arms Tim Wells 22wmr sa ???

Boolit Master

Excel Arms Tim Wells 22wmr sa ???

Thinking a sa in the 22wmr would be a big improvement on my current bolters for fur/varmint/predator hunting/control. Don't even suggest reloading CF. CF not permitted by law in most of the areas I hunt/work in. Shotgun or RF only. Have plenty shotguns and 22wmr and 17hmr in bolt guns and looking to get something better. Often multiple targets are available and require quick shooting and a sa would be really nice. Anybody out there have much insight or info or experience on the Excel line of guns, specifically the 22wmr. Thanks, 10
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Master
    Ben, thanks for the post. The Tim Wells edition is a sa long gun. Nice info on Excel. 10

MOLON LABE

Boolit Grand Master
    It appears that the auto pistol , 22 mag. passed the review with flying colors.

Boolit Bub
    I had to look up what a Tim Wells is....An Excel Arms Accelerator Rifle in fancy clothes....Here's my Excel Arms "KO Series"

So far mine has been 100% reliable. Trigger pull weighs in at a hefty 6lb. 15oz.
    The rifle seems a little muzzle heavy when you first handle it, but as you bring it up to your shoulder the pistol grip stock manages the forward weight very well, and it is quick pointing and comfortable.

Another current production semi-auto .22WMR you might want to look at is the CZ 512. The CZ is more conventional looking, has a better trigger, easier loading magazine and easier takedown.

KO

Boolit Master
    As the Excel seem to have a "boxy" grip and my hands are sort of "Johnsonville brat" short type I'm thinking that a better grip would be favorable. Looking at the CZ as they are on the rack at the LGS sometimes. and getting a 22WMR is possible. Thanks all, 10

MOLON LABE

Boolit Mold
    I have a question for the op. I don't live in an area where you cannot use centerfire, so maybe you could clear something up. if a rifle is technically a rimfire, in my case a Remington 591/592 5mm rimfire magnum, but you have a centerfire conversion, would that be illegal to use? the case is exactly the same its just centerfire. I can actually use rim or center fire just by switching the firing pin.