Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Days til Christmas

Boolit Master

7 Days til Christmas

What would you like to get for Christmas.

Or if you are not the selfish sort, what would you like to give someone who is not a family member for Christmas.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Heh. My wife simply asked me to share my Wish List from Midway with her. Much easier than me trying to tell her!

Have my eye on a couple molds - 44 hollow point, 38 spc
    Would also like to get set up for 338 Win Mag reloading so will need the necessary dies and shell holder.
    And, if she really loves me then a 50cal sniper rifle will find it's way under the tree. Or standing up next to it.

Boolit Master

Just to be home with the family would be fine for me. Next year for sure.

gmsharps

My wife and I tend to just a few gifts to one another, but always target a gift that is a perfect fit. No knick knacks or fluff.
    I am happy as a bug with interesting books, and you might laugh, really, really good wool socks. "Bigger items" we tend to just buy as we need through the year as a matter of course.
    When we get together with the family (Parents, siblings, etc) we buy gifts that fit each person uniquely. For example, my dad loves to repair and restore tack and saddles for live stock. I found for him at auction in the summer a really interesting saddle, so that is what he is getting. My Mom makes dolls for a hobby, so I found some hand sewn children's doll for her. And so on for the rest of the family. Single gifts that fit.
    Generally, I am just happy to spend the time with my wife and all the family and relax.

Boolit Master
    Gail and I do not exchange gifts at Christmas. Rather we give to a couple of charities and help out a few deserving friends and/or individuals who are having a tough time. If one of us wants/needs something during the year we get it (finances permitting), so I guess we sort of have Christmas all year long.
    R.D.M.

Love Life
    What would I like to get? A USMC Sniper marked Unertl scope.

What would I like to get for others? I got the wife a table saw and a new brass tumbler.
    I go the daughter a new 20 lb bottom pour furnace.
    I got my son some new sizing dies.

I am very thoughtful...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    What would I like to get? A USMC Sniper marked Unertl scope.

What would I like to get for others? I got the wife a table saw and a new brass tumbler.
    I go the daughter a new 20 lb bottom pour furnace.
    I got my son some new sizing dies.

I am very thoughtful...
    If you play your cards right, they may let you use their new toys .
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

I got the wife a new metal detector she wanted.
    i gave her some ideas of what id like. mostly inexpensive things I could use. lee molds, books on my oter hobbies (knife making, brewing/wine making, etc)

Now fortunately Dad usually still gets me something every year. well rumor has it he got a good deal on a police trade in glock 22...

Boolit Grand Master

Got a set of dies for Arisaka99, made a jewelry stand for son's girlfriend, and cooking for the office. That what you are talking about? Lot else, but thats all family.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

I'm getting the perfect Christmas present for a confirmed bachelor that hates to cook. Not only an invite to home cooked Christmas dinner but venison back straps and shrimp no less, turf & surf. Just the perfect gift for me. What did I get them? Well, his online name is "winelover" so anybody wanna take a guess?

Geez, Christmas already. Where did the whole year go already?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gmsharps View Post
    Just to be home with the family would be fine for me. Next year for sure. gmsharps
    Very sad that you can't be home with family. I hope it helps a little to know that your service and sacrifice is sincerely appreciated.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    My wife and I give our families a unique to each person gift. We also donate for the Church sponsored Christmas family(s).

For non-family it just depends. We have on 18 year old we may as well have adopted at 16 so I guess he doesn't count, but we buy him the nicest gift under our tree each year as he really doesn't have anyone else. This year he got a Versamax for high school graduation in May and is getting gun and predator hunting stuff for Christmas.

The wife and I have taken him on and make sure he has what he needs through the year be it truck tires or tools or whatever.

January starts his Diesel Mechanic school and I am picking up the tab so I guess that is his major "present."

Boolit Master
    My Christmas present this year is a NIB Marlin Cowboy 32 mag lever. Just couldn't pass this one up.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I keep pretty much to myself. Colleen and I don't exchange gifts, I don't get any gifts which is fine. I generally drive by all the places I was building the previous Christmas' though after I'm through working.

Boolit Master
    Since we're on the Julian calender, we've got 20 days to go. It's great for procrastinators or people such as my wife who are habitually late. As I like to say, Russians are 13 days and 1/2 hour late.

I really can't ask for anything for myself for Christmas. If my son is accepted into the Naval Academy that would be the best gift I could possibly ask for. Other than that, our daughter will be home for the holidays (haven't seen her in four months) and a nice quiet family Christmas is as good as it gets!

For my wife, that her knee replacement goes well, as this is the second one. The first one failed after only 8 months.
    For me to see her well and maybe for Santa to leave a set of 43 Spanish dies

Boolit Master

I would like eight hours of un interrupted sleep and to be really selfish a 336 in 35 Remington

Boolit Master

My wife had a hip implant revision (remove the old one and replace it) in late October. Seems that a careless hospital worker got the incision infected with a bacteria that normally is found only in the intestines; not one commonly spread from patient to patient in hospitals. Hoping to bring her home from the hospital for Christmas.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    I'm hoping to accumulate enough cash to buy a parts truck to do the engine and trans swap in my daily driver truck. Taking my mildly built mustang engine and replacing my 4.9 in my f150 single cab short bed. Might also throw the blower on it. As for giving.. I've given my parents my last month or more of saturdays helping them clean up and organize a garage and two sheds. I'm also hoping to do some hand built furniture for several people sometime between now and christmas.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Boolit Buddy
    Extended family and co workers get homemade jelly and deer bologna. Whatever fruit we get in abundance through the summer is what they get. This year it is mostly blueberry and grape. Also throw in some apple or pear butter here and there. Folks seem to enjoy it and it is more of a time investment instead of money to make.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast