Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Attempt at DT PC (and my first post!) - Are these good enough?

Boolit Buddy
    My .356 sizer came today. I've put about 100 through it so far. They're gliding through pretty easily so far. I picked one out at random and it was measuring .361 before sizing, .356 after, at least that's what my old dial calipers claim. They're certainly not taking any kind of brute force. I occasionally use more force to resize/deprime cases, even with a bit of Hornady One-Shot on the cases. With any luck I'll be shooting a batch of these any day now - as soon as I can find time to get out anyway. I can't wait!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    They must be pretty slick to size down .005"! Sometimes have to double check my die to make sue I've got the right one, because mine are sizing so easily. 'Just another nice thing about pc!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1911KY View Post
    Also, these tubs are great for swirling BB's as they have deep slanted walls and seem to generate a good static charge. Just make sure you keep your hand against the top firmly when turning them over.

https://www.glad.com/food-storage/containers/big-bowl/

Smoke4320 sells BB's and the best powder you will find.
    they look just like mine do I use the Glad containers too I favor the small ones with the blue lids
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, guys, I FINALLY got a chance to shoot some of these to check for leading, accuracy, and velocity. These were cast from the Lee 6-hole 124gr RN tumble-lube mold, and I find that they're dropping about 125gr when using straight WW. I have AA#5 and Unique on hand, and since AA#5 meters so much better, I decided to give it a try. I loaded 3 groups of 10 at the low, mid, and high ends of the load data from Accurate, and I shot all 30 over the chronograph at a target, from a makeshift rest.

With the low and mid charges, ejection was very weak (was very positive on the high end). I had one failure to eject on the low end (next round was feeding but empty case stove-piped). With the mid and high end, accuracy was much better than at the low end. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the accuracy. After each 10-round mag I broke the gun down and inspected the barrel after pushing a patch through to get carbon and unburned powder out. I couldn't really see any lead so I kept shooting. Upon very close inspection when cleaning the barrel a few minutes ago, I think there were a couple of tiny specks of lead in the barrel, but I'm not entirely sure. I ran the brash brush through a few times and they were gone. I've cleaned lead out of a bore before, and this was not anything like that.

Overall, I'm pretty happy! They're accurate and they don't lead like my first attempt, using the bullets unsized and with LLA as lube, an experiment that resulted in horrible leading (I really hated how sticky lube was too). I believe I can eliminate any chance of leading as my coating skills improve and I achieve closer to 100% coverage where the bullet meets the barrel.

Boolit Master
    Don'tcha just love it when a guy's plan comes together !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12