Load DataWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 64 of 608 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164564 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 12142

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Recently bought 1k of .223 brass here, so I have been casting .224 Bator boolits and loading .223 with 4.6 gr of Red Dot under them like a mad man.
    Doing that for a single shot / bolt-action or a semi-auto? I've tried reduced .223 loads with Red Dot in my AR, but they were pretty light and would not cycle my action.

Boolit Master
    Cast and water dropped about 250 each, of an NEI 245gr. .377, and an NEI 330gr. .418.
    Now I just have to put on the gas checks, lube 'em and size 'em, and box 'em up.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Not so much "IN" the reloading room, just outside. I started bathing my ingots with a dash of muriatic acid to check and see if there was any zinc. Well just a little. and then it dawned on me...the clips for the clip on wheel weights are........... ZINC COATED.............

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Desperate for rain, I started remelting some free wheel weights, outside!! Well, wouldn't you know ??? Worked like a dream, had to move under side shed of shop to get out of the rain shower! End of day, 95+ lbs of wheel weight ingots! all with 3% SN added to make some fine alloy to cast with! It was a good day,Tater! Hahaha!!(sorry, I couldn't resist that one)!good shooting to you all.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday, I filled 100 Speer 38/357 shotshell capsules with #9 shot.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Finished off the last of that 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights,(thanks Austin), now have 105 lbs of ww alloyed with 3%SN, and, 35 lbs of pure PB. And yes, I had it XRF gun shot at my job! 99.92. Somebody will need it maybe! Good shooting to all.Hmmmm, what to do with pure lead?
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

Killed a couple of mice/ small rats the other day outside my garage with some .357 loaded with spent primers and a wax plug to keep it all together while in the brass. Worked pretty good at about 6 ft... Quiet enough that don't need hearing protection... Shot 4 of them, need to reload some more...

Boolit Master

Installed a Volquartsen Target Trigger Kit in a Ruger 10/22. Sweeeet.

Seated about 200 lead cores in Eley RF case jackets. Ready to point!

Boolit Bub
    disassembled a hundred or so, (3 years worth) of bad loads, duds, wrinkled cases and other oops type loads. As I was just finishing up my inertia hammer flew apart in pieces! The head of the hammer part let loose and the clamp holding the case went one way and the bullet went another. Time for another bullet puller I guess.

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Cleaned up after sizing, lubing and loading some .44 mag and some .40 S&W. Sharpened a couple knives. Finished sorting a 5 gal bucket of WW.

Banned

Sorted cleaned brass,loaded some 223 ,found some lost stuff and threw out a bunch of paperwork.

Boolit Bub
    I made my 16 year old grand daughter a holster for the stainless Ruger Vaquero that I gave her

Sized & seated primers in about 1400 , 40 S&W brass. Next rainy day I will load'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Killed a couple of mice/ small rats the other day outside my garage with some .357 loaded with spent primers and a wax plug to keep it all together while in the brass. Worked pretty good at about 6 ft... Quiet enough that don't need hearing protection... Shot 4 of them, need to reload some more...
    Now that's novel use for spent primers! Where did you get the idea for it?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Now that's novel use for spent primers! Where did you get the idea for it?
    Let's just say that it involved a few beers...

I think I started with wax bullets and just primer loads for an indoor practice load. I wanted to get a bit more speed out of it, so I decided to try putting a .22LR case full of powder under the wax bullet. That tended to result in just wax powder exiting the barrel and splattering on the target. Since my spent primer jar was starting to get full, I wondered what I could do with them since they weren't taking the time and gas to go recycle. Well, after a couple of beers, I gave that a try. As you can probably guess, the cup shape of the primers does not lend itself to very efficient ballistic flight, but that is actually good since they will be less likely to retain enough energy at distance to do any damage to other objects.

Sorry sir, did not see your question in a timely manner.

I have a Handi rifle with a .223 in a bull barrel. I don't think there is any safe load of Red Dot thqt will cycle a AR's action. But with a singleshot or bolt gun these loads make a good replacement for .22lr. I have been loading these without gas checks and trying to hold speed to below 1400 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Doing that for a single shot / bolt-action or a semi-auto? I've tried reduced .223 loads with Red Dot in my AR, but they were pretty light and would not cycle my action.

Cast and powder coated some 340g, 405g and 500g of .458 for the new socom and some 35 Rem 200's.

I re-organized a bunch of stuff in my tackle box. I'm going fishing in the morning.

Tumble polished some .270 brass last night. Loaded up my deer ammo today getting ready for the season & going to the range for sight-in.