WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 63 of 605 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163563 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 12085

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Cast and GC's 500 of my new NOE 55gn 224 FP boolits. Now to PC them.

Nice boolit profile! Much better than that horrible Bator thing.

GC B4 PC is much easier than trying to get those little PITA's on after PC!!!!!

Boolit Master

still unpacking the garage from the move. I did run the brass tumbler yesterday for the hour of labor I was able to do in the garage. I've been shining that brass for 5 hours in nearly 2 months in this move to the new house. One day, I'll actually swap the brass out of that tumbler with some recently fired brass. I'm 60+ days from visiting the range...
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master

Mailed the War Eagle box and pluged in the pot. Cleaned two Mihec molds and preheated two others, and cast about 16# of 41 and 44 boolits.
    Thank Goodness for a cooler day.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Man
    Was able to load up a couple hundred 9mm rounds while the baby decided to sleep!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	146473Click image for larger version. 

Views:	49 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	146474

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	52 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	146475Click image for larger version. 

Views:	54 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	146476Click image for larger version. 

Views:	55 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	146477Man cove M-fing activated!

Boolit Bub
    I cranked out a couple of hundred 12 ga. shotshells for upcoming CAS fun. Next on the to do list is get the .45 Colt slugs I sized/lubed into some casings to make them ready to pop.

Boolit Master
    so, sometimes I lead a strange life. Today I had to make some dummies for a bandoleer for a "movie production" in a couple of weeks. I took some junk 45-70s that had been used for blackpowder blanks about ten years ago, cleaned them up a little, annealed the devil out of them, and then stretched the mouth so I could insert some old 405g lead, set them in the factory crimp die, and now have about 100 just for show, and I got off on the cheep.. I think us used about 3 dollars in hand cleaner after it was all said and done tho.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

I went to the range today and dirtied up my Colt 38special revolver and my Dan Wesson 357.

38's are so cheap and easy to reload so there is less regret than shooting up any 22LR...

but going to the range did let me pick up brass... yesterday I collected ~100 45ACP, 50 .40S&W, 50 9mm, 60 223rem
    and 120 308WIN (60each PMC and Federal) t

Today I got 48 "imperial" head stamped 308Win cases and another 50 Winchester stamped 45ACP...
    and twenty odd FC head-stamped 9mm cases

Right now what I really need is the money to buy a 35cal check maker, so I can shoot more #358156 GC-SWC bullets
    Today I was shooting #358212 Non-GC RN, though casting those is a bit tedious because my mould is a single cavity.

It just tears me up to make the L-O-N-G trip (ALL OF 250yards) to the range....

There is literally one house between mine and the rifle range and about that YES, I'm gloating

yes, the road I live on is called "Gun Club Road" for a damned good reason....

Boolit Grand Master

Tore down and cleaned up a Dillon 550B I recently purchased. Rust and oxidation everywhere but it cleaned up well. Just need to order a new primer alarm, powder fail safe and a few small parts and it will be ready to go.

Boolit Master
    Sized and lubed about 100 boolits for 45acp
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I ordered a new 279-124 NOE yesterday . Today I cast about 100 490 and 454 RB to feed the Hawken-like rifles and the 58 Remmy Labor day weekend. Next up 100 380s for the 36 cal 58 .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Tried powder coating using HF flat black and ASBBs a full tray of bullets that I had cast from the Lee 358-105-SWC mold. Although it seemed like the clear binder covered the entire bullet, the pigment did not, so after baking, I tried it again for a 2nd coat and it seemed to look a lot better. I was expecting this, but just wanted to try it anyway.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    Why do reloaders clean and polish brass before depriming?
    If I'm loading on a progressive press (handgun ammo) I don't deprime because that adds an unnecessary step to the process. There is much debate about the need to clean primer pockets for handgun ammo but I don't do it.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

New case cleaner is running, mostly just cleaning the media with paper towel pieces at this point. Hard to believe how filthy that media can get. Have a freshly-scrubbed new NOE mould heat cycling on the hotplate. I even dug out some Berry's plated bullets to do a feed test in a new 45, may actually do a bit of loading today!
    Was thinking about wandering down to the Texas Trophy Hunters' show but have plenty to do around here.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Though about loading some 40sw but got involved in looking for a new vehicle. Won't get much done next week as I have the GKs and dog while their folks go tech climb to the top of Grand Teton. Hope they bring back some cooler weather.
    I did get a few 300BO loaded with several different alloys to try.
    Whatever!

Recently bought 1k of .223 brass here, so I have been casting .224 Bator boolits and loading .223 with 4.6 gr of Red Dot under them like a mad man.

Boolit Master
    TXGunNut, I do not deprime first just to clean primer pockets, That is a waste of time. I deprime first so I can clean out any media that might get stuck in the flash hole after the brass is tumble cleaned. And I also do not like the powder fouling and other dirt to get impregnated to the outside of the brass case while F/L sizing. Just my way of doing it.

Boolit Grand Master

I understand, triggerhappy243. I do that with 45 Colt, a few BP cartridges and all rifle cartridges. Today was the second time in over 10 years that I loaded 45ACP. I don't enjoy loading 45ACP or most common pistol cartridges, I loaded these to test a new carry gun. Nice thing is I keep a Dillon 550 hidden under a cover for days like today, lol. I loaded 100 rounds in about 15-20 minutes and then covered it up again to load 25 45 Colt rounds with BP on my single stage RCBS press. Dawdled and piddled for about an hour loading those 45 Colt rounds, enjoyed every minute of it!
    I've loaded hundreds of thousands of rounds on that old 550, it makes word-class ammo that has served me well in matches throughout the Midwest, Texas and New Mexico. It gives me a certain satisfaction to load with my 550 but I truly enjoy pulling out some SPG-lubed boolits and loading them on a single stage press over a case full of FFFg KIK powder. Do what makes you happy, we spend too much of our lives making other people happy.

Around 1100 401's.
    Attachment 146776

Yesterday then canned 29 qt's of tomato's.

Page 63 of 605 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163563 ... LastLast