Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 60 of 604 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160560 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 12078

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by novalty View Post

Also added an air kit from Kyle623 to the sizer. Have a heater base on the way.
    What does the air kit do?

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    What does the air kit do?
    The air kit keeps constant pressure on the lube, and replaces the crank handle assembly which you would have to turn every so many boolits.
    Last edited by novalty; 07-24-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=novalty

Boolit Master

The air kit keeps constant pressure on the lube, and replace the crank handle assembly which you would have to turn every so many boolits.
    Sounds like a system where if something went wrong, you could have a pretty big mess on your hands.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Sounds like a system where if something went wrong, you could have a pretty big mess on your hands.
    You'd have to not be in the room for that to happen. An there is no reason you should leave the room w/ the reservoir under pressure. But then again people turn on their lead pots to melt it and then walk out of the room. I don't get some people.

I finally got around to organizing and putting away brass. Found out I had apparently ordered 35 Remington brass from Grumpa before. So now I have 200 pieces from him. Apparently I bought 100 new pieces from someone at some point because I found a bag of them. Forgot I had bought some short 444 Marlin brass to convert to 356 Winchester. All of my brass is finally organized in an orderly fashion except for the 300BO brass that I still have to trim.

The air kit keeps constant pressure on the lube, and replaces the crank handle assembly which you would have to turn every so many boolits.
    Got it, thanks.

Boolit Man
    Cleaned up the bench/room a bit. I then was able to get 300 9mm rounds loaded up.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

processed 3000 rds of 45 acp brass for my stash. But that was a three day job.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    sat and stripped the fletchings off of my wife's new target arrows. going to refletch with left wing feathers

Boolit Buddy
    I just sized and belled 100 38 special. I just need to take time to cast some boolits now.

Cast some bullets from my new MiHec mold... Started to get good boolits when I raised the temp of the alloy a bit, compared to casting with aluminium blocks. Also have to hold myself a bit with the lube... I know that less is more... just have to use even less of the lube on the mold...

Then I drilled the flash holes bigger from 200 brand new .45-70gov brass. Deburred them and set up my automatic partial resizing tool on them... Video below of my "machine".

Then I expanded the mouths on them. Priming them waits for the Mountain moulds to arrive and cast some sample boolits.

Overall, nice day.

Boolit Master

Good stuff Flexy !!!
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	busted box.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	145413

What I did yesterday? Spent who knows how long, along with the driver, sifting through every parcel on the FedEx truck looking for all 7 of my 'hardball' ingots from RotoMetals. The invoice had a red ink stamp 'Handpacked by Greg.' I think he could use some instruction on how to secure 35# of lead alloy. All the ingots were in the middle of the carton with wadded paper on each end. Yet where the filament tape was needed, in the middle, there was none; only the ends were taped. The driver handed me the busted box and asked if I wanted to accept it. Well, I thought, what do I care about the box as long as my goods showed up, as it's pretty hard to damage lead alloy ingots.

There were only 3 still in the box. I showed him the invoice which stated 7 ingots. I handed everything back to him and said I won't accept it, send it back. Unless you think there's the possibility the rest are somewhere on this truck? It took awhile but we finally found them. By that time of day it was too late to melt them into boolits.

But the good news is the contents could have been spread all along the Cleveland to Newark to eastern PA routing. I'm anxious to try them if only the weather would cooperate. Temps in the 90's and dewpoints in the low 70's is no boolit casting weather for me. It's supposed to get lots cooler the first week of August. I guess I can hold out that long.

BTW, they're intended for 7.62x25 Tok in my PPS43C pistol where speeds of 1800fps are normal. I should yield ~2400 boolits.

Banned
    I like reloading & experimenting with loads etc. but I really HATE prepping brass!

Still belt sizing mags. Did couple hundred 300Wby today & turned the necks on 100, 300 Winmag for BR gun after sizing, trimming & annealing yesterday.

In the past month have BS around 1k mag brass, turned 400 necks, sized, trimmed several k & havn't even started on the 300 WSM brass for 2 BR guns, or 308s, 6.5s, 223s for Fclass/tactical guns. (luckily still have a good amount of 308s, 223s ready to go).

Still way to hot to shoot (wimped out on a tactical shoot today) or cast, so stuck in shop doing this dam grunt work.

Boolit Master
    Tumbled lubed some wadcutters.

Too damn hot for anything more!

Boolit Master

I'm waiting for the next Ice Age... Well, as long as that doesn't cause all the Yankees to migrate south.

Cut, formed, swaged, trimmed and cleaned 250 - 223's into new 300BO. Setup the new 458 Socom dies for the next project.

Boolit Master
    Loaded some 9mm test samples with N320, Tightgroup, Vectan A0 and some with WSF. Went out and did a little shooting, helped my friend sight in an AR and we discussed further the reloading gear and components we want in edition to roughing out some shooting tables and got the Bobcat out to start digging berms for our new private shootin range!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

I have been using a 550, it's great, and RCII but dislike constantly changing and adjusting the dies on the single-stage. I thought a turret might be a good replacement (compromise) for the single-stage. After a little shopping I realized that the Lee Classic Turret is cheap and I can easily change turrets. So far I think it's going to work out great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	900a3c4d-3f54-426b-bbcf-2787d6f717a6_zpsssfknylz.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	145433
    I had the Strong Mount; a piece of scrap lumber, a few holes, and we were in business.
    Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
    RAH

I cleaned aroung my reloading place... I had accumulated a **** load of papers and stuff... I found several lottery and alike tickets... went to store with them and got around 100$ worth of winnings I had forgotten. Naturally I rewarded me with some cans of alcohol beverage.... and put the sauna warming...

And I got my two Mountain Molds molds delivered today. I made sure that there is no burrs around critical places, cleaned them from oil etc and placed them in a oven for couple of hours. Don't really know if it is necessary, but from some post here, I read that ovening molds allows them to oxidize faster and that might help with releasing the boolits. Dont know if that is true, but it kind of makes sense. And its not really so much work to do so to new blocks... Soon, I'll cast boolits from my 2 new molds.

I run a Lee single stage press and love it. Unfortunately, all my reloading equipment is packed away as we are in the process of buying and moving into a house. I can't wait to get back into it.

Page 60 of 604 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160560 ... LastLast