WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 59 of 604 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159559 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 12079

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy

Just deprimed 400 45acp and put them in SS wet tumbler.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    That looks like one I helped my Boss install (twice) at a Electronic PCB manufacturer that I use to work at (same color and same size tank anyway).
    It's not loud at all. Well it wasn't when it was installed in the office building. The motors are only 1/2hp 3 phase. I shouldn't have any trouble switching it over to single phase. Just need to do some math. It's definitely a project. First thing is to clean it up so I can touch it w/out getting extremely dirty. I also have to reattach the casters to the platform it's on. Two of them ripped out while trying to wheel it into my garage. That's what I get for using what was on hand instead of buying the right parts. Having a trolley and chain fall in the garage comes in real handy.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Ants ....oh how I loathe those little sugar/grease ants . We used Raid Blockade for the last 3 yr but I haven't been able to get it this yr ,I'm ready to bug fog the whole house with complete over kill. The local bug guy says "use whatever works their different every other block or so and I can get rid of them but they will move in from the neighbors and they just seem to keep coming.".

I've had my grands sorting brass from a buy and doing the prep work on the 1st 200 today I think I will cast 10-15 lbs of 22-55s in the AM and size and check before dinner.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

Went in there looking for my trigger pull gauge....found it third trip. Saw some brass that needs cleaning, think I'll get that party started and mount a scope on my new rifle before supper.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Today I had the pleasure of priming my first batch of .45 ACP cases that I had cleaned using my newly acquired stainless steel media tumbler. What a joy, it was like using new brass. I didn't do it in the reloading room either but outside in the sunshine.

I believe rain is forecast tomorrow so I will load them up with the bullets I cast last weekend.

Simon.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Took several new purchases to the cave. Legs and life have prevented the trip down stairs for most of this week.
    Spiders and crawlers are trying to invade. Someone (not me) left a candy wrapper, and those tiny black ants found it.
    How do you keep them from coming back. I've used every brand of bate and poison I can find. I can't clog fast enough to get rid of them.
    This... the only thing that has worked for me long term and it works well!

http://www.amazon.com/Advion-Bait-gr...n+ant+bait+gel

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It's not loud at all. Well it wasn't when it was installed in the office building. The motors are only 1/2hp 3 phase. I shouldn't have any trouble switching it over to single phase. Just need to do some math. It's definitely a project. First thing is to clean it up so I can touch it w/out getting extremely dirty. I also have to reattach the casters to the platform it's on. Two of them ripped out while trying to wheel it into my garage. That's what I get for using what was on hand instead of buying the right parts. Having a trolley and chain fall in the garage comes in real handy.
    I didn't look that close when I posted my first reply...Yes, I now see the motor is fairly small. The motor and air compressor on the one my employer had was huge...but the tank was about the same size, judging by your forklift.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I didn't look that close when I posted my first reply...Yes, I now see the motor is fairly small. The motor and air compressor on the one my employer had was huge...but the tank was about the same size, judging by your forklift.
    I completely understand. They usually have large motors on them. I thought I was going to have to build a rotary phase converter to run it. I don't need a lot of volume quickly. So a slow pumper should work just fine. Highest draw will probably be an impact gun for taking the tires off my vehicles.

Kind of amusing that the only tool that's already equipped for air is a Star sizer. That massive tank to simply keep pressure on the lube reservoir :laugh:

Boolit Buddy
    I did not do too much today! just fooled with new dummy shells for my 308W. There seemed to be a difference between my chamber cast and where this boolit actually contacts the rifling. The chamber cast suggested contact should be at 2.610 and the boolit won't allow the bolt to close until the OAL is 2.545. I was loading them further into the case and not happy with the accuracy.

Ed C

Poured about a hundred or so of these little .311's for reloading a Nagant revolver rounds.

Banned
    Don't usually keep up with this but I'm plum tired of prepping brass. I have shot most all the prepped mag brass I had (which is a LOT) so have been for 3 or 4 wks getting ready for more shooting & matches. Have been sizing, trimming then anealing & belt sizing a couple hundred ea of 300, 338, 375, 458, Lott, 450. Still have to BS & anneal the Lott & 450s. Then I have to start on on the 223, 264, 308, 300wsm & 300 wm match/BR brass although I do have a reasonable supply left of them but need to get more. Most of them, except the auto stuff, is neck sized only unless need to bump the shoulder, so annealing is the big chore. I really hate trimming even though I have a Gracey trimmer.

Boolit Buddy

Too hot to cast or smelt, so... yesterday we went to the range and melted... I swear my 45acp boolits were gettin soft before I loaded em in the mags! LOL

Took the spents that we recovered and some that I have been saving from the past couple range trips and ran em through the ol Sidewinder after depriming.... nice shiny clean brass! (556, 300AAC and 308)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2638.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	145032

Yesterday and today I tried out my new Lee mould for the .338 Federal I am buying. I ended up with 163 217 grain bullets +/- 1 grain. They are lubed with BLL, sized, gas checked added, and topped it off with a 2nd (light) coat of BLL. Now I just have to get the money together to pay off the rifle. It's a Model: 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP. It comes with a Nikon scope, Accu-trigger, 22" barrel with 1:10 rifling. Looking forward to the day...

Not much really,

Sorting 12, 20 & 410 hulls and some 38 special cases for later reloading.

12ga remington hulls. (black) & gun clubs. (green)
    20ga remington hulls.
    410 winchester hulls.
    mixed stamps of 38 special cases.
    Nelson

Boolit Buddy
    Just cleaned the gun I used for IDPA on Sunday night. It didn't really need it (probably only 60 rounds through it) but it's my carry gun so I want to keep it clean.

Boolit Bub
    Loaded up 38 test loads for 9mm pistol
    used 2400
    145 g cast bullet
    mag primer
    7g of 2400

first test was last night
    no pressure signs
    all powder burnt

Just admired my new MiHec mould... Still waiting the Mountain Moulds (2 moulds) to arrive... yesterday they were already at Europe. Casting session closing in fast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0120.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	145132

Recently I stopped by local hardware and picked up a couple cotter pins and springs to keep my Magma Star sizer handle in the upright position. Works pretty good for $2.88

Also added an air kit from Kyle623 to the sizer. Have a heater base on the way.
    My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=novalty

De primed, swaged, trimmed and cleaned several hundred 223/556 for loading.

While looking for goodies at my LGS I found 50+ unknown reloaded 35 Remingtons for cheap, pulled the 180 JSP, deprimed and cleaned for later reloading, they were loaded at 38 and 40 grains of?

Page 59 of 604 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159559 ... LastLast