RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Loaded a 5 gal bucket of Win AA 20 gauge ammo with home made shot

Loaded cartridges for Ruger #1 , Remington 725, Winchester Model 70 and Sears (Win) model
    all in 243. Used my home made 100 grain swaged bullets.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

38-200 RCBS Cline

The mold got here yesterday and I got 105 finished in the first 24 hours. I had the hot plate too low and had quite a few rejects at first and hitting the hole with the lead stream is a little trickier on an 8 cavity mold. Smaller target and it's easy to slop alloy into the next cavity. I just need practice. The pot sure goes down fast. NOE is out of gas check seaters so I tapped them on. I have a Star sizer so I changed the holes on my .3565" die to the bottom and ran the boolits through check first. I used my shortest push rod and it barely fit but it worked. Hope to try them this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 360-200RCBS.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    The mold got here yesterday and I got 105 finished in the first 24 hours. I had the hot plate too low and had quite a few rejects at first and hitting the hole with the lead stream is a little trickier on an 8 cavity mold. Smaller target and it's easy to slop alloy into the next cavity. I just need practice. The pot sure goes down fast. NOE is out of gas check seaters so I tapped them on. I have a Star sizer so I changed the holes on my .3565" die to the bottom and ran the boolits through check first. I used my shortest push rod and it barely fit but it worked. Hope to try them this weekend.
    They look great. How do you keep them so clean? I always find mine pile up in the akro bins and get little lube marks all over them.
    I guess if I handled them one by one I could het them lookin that nice.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    They look great. How do you keep them so clean? I always find mine pile up in the akro bins and get little lube marks all over them.
    I guess if I handled them one by one I could het them lookin that nice.
    One by one. LOL These were my first rifle boolits ever after tons of pistol boolits. First gas checks too so I took my time. I've kept it down to 1600 fps until now.
    Mal

Boolit Master
    The gunshop opened at noon. I got my stripped Lower out of jail and had the rifle built by 4 pm. I made up 3 dummies with the 38-200s at 2.140" COL and cycled them through the new rifle. Got the load data organized but I'm too tired tonight. Looks like I'll have cast to go to the range. I bought jackets as a threat in case all the casting stuff didn't come together.
    Mal

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    One by one. LOL These were my first rifle boolits ever after tons of pistol boolits. First gas checks too so I took my time. I've kept it down to 1600 fps until now.
    Well that explains it lol. They look amazing. Your pics always do inspire.

Boolit Master
    Placed an order with midway. I found two lee six cav molds for 56 bucks before tax and free shipping. One should work well for the 350L.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Went through the "to be filed" papers on the file cabinet. Turns out I am OCD about buying splatter type targets when they're on sale.
    Also discovered that I had put a case of 22 LR in the camper at some point a few years ago - pretty happy with that find!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Loader up 200 rounds of light 44 mag 246 gr wad cutters from a 432-246 NOE mold I picked up from a member here last week. Then another 150 rounds of 44 mag brass with 250 gr SWC's from a Lee clone 6 cavity 429421 mold that I got a couple of months ago. Also prepped 200 pieces of 222 Rem for a Contender barrel I just bought and awaiting delivery of.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Well that explains it lol. They look amazing. Your pics always do inspire.
    Thanks! I should have posted pics of the loaded rounds but they are all down range now. They all fed perfectly unlike the jackets. I loaded 19, 20, and 21g of A11FS and figured safe max at 21.6 behind the 200g 38. THESE ARE NOT LISTED LOADS as there is no official info yet for 11FS in 350 Legend but it is slightly more potent than H110 in comparable loads. I think some people got into trouble using H110 tables.
    Mal

Prosesed 315lb approximately of pure lead to my supply

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	297628

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cast_outlaw View Post
    Prosesed 315lb approximately of pure lead to my supply

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	297628
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails homerlead.jpg  
    Mal

Boolit Grand Master

Not in the loading room, but I sorted a nearly full bucket of wheelweights that I picked up from the local tire store yesterday.

This morning I deprimed and washed about a gallon jug of range brass that I also picked up yesterday.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    …Turns out I am OCD about buying splatter type targets when they're on sale…
    You too, eh? Glad I’m not the only one.

I did a spare parts inventory the other day. It’s too hard to figure out how I have ten spare OFM extractors when I only ever had to replace just one, so I’m just going to go back to my work area to sort brass.

Finished up a 3000 round project of 9mm with Oregon Trail boolits. Whew, glad that is done
    Now I need to go shoot them so I can do it all over again. I am addicted!

Boolit Master
    Finishing tumbling 44 mag and 300 PRC and 243 Winchester. Super excited about the results of my son's Bergara rifle with his ladder loads this past weekend. He averaged 0.65 moa out to 550. He's definitely been doing his homework. He surprised me with 2 boxes of factory ammo from his trip to his uncle's house a couple of weeks ago.
    I am also thrilled with the three oldest boys handgun work. 4/6 on average with the running target at 10 yards. 2 Blackhawks in 44 Mag and a Colt New Army in 45 ACP. Definitely getting set for backcountry spring bear - with the hopes of not stumbling into the great white bears.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Opened up the package from Midway USA. A white paper bag again. But two more molds to the pile. I cannot wait to try the 358-150- 1R in the Legend.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Opened up the package from Midway USA. A white paper bag again. But two more molds to the pile. I cannot wait to try the 358-150- 1R in the Legend.
    Thats funny! I just had a Midway package arrive.

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday went to the range and shot 250 357mags up. Punched used primers today and tumbling brass right now.

chuck40219
    When I speak of:
    45-70: that is a 45-70 Uberti 1885 High Wall Rifle
    357 Mag. Rifle: that is a Uberti 1873 Carbine

Exploratory surgery to find hitch in gitalong.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Page 532 of 604 FirstFirst ... 32432482522523524525526527528529530531532533534535536537538539540541542582 ... LastLast