RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Converted the closet in the guest room to floor to ceiling shelving..... Does that count? And no...not for any gun/reloading purposes. But apparently it's in our contract to keep the Ms. happy. Who knew.....
    I have this same to-doo list from the wife.

In the gun room last night, I spent an hour trying to understand the NYS SAFE ACT pistol re-registration BS. I was told by many re-registrations is up for the first round of pistol owners. OK that is me. But the website said not until 1/31/23. I need to figure this out, go figure its a weekend so no one to call until Monday. This BS stresses me out.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Buddy
    Wasn't a terribly productive day but managed to load up a few different .44Spl loads and prep some .44Mag brass.

Boolit Master
    Loaded a box of 300gr 45-90 with some Blackhorn after hearing so much about it. Looking forward to giving them a try.
    OH!! And an awesome aside - discovered that I had a brand-spankin-new set of RCBS dies for this cartridge!!!! It was in a box of "gun junk" that I bought in July for $50. Had to cut the seal and everything! I've been using a second hand Pacific set forever. Definitely a pleasure to use, and I am looking forward to using the rounds created from them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub

Unboxing reloading/casting equipment from proposed reloading/Gun room/ vault, getting ready to add work benches, shelves and gun racks, has been a work in progress since everything has been boxed up for move from our old house( 1 acre in swamp) to new house (50 acres on a awesome river with swamp and high ground) 2 yrs ago, after FIL passed away, Wife inherited his house ( been my project for 2 yrs finishing it) so there was no ? we where moving 3 miles from old house as crow flies, any way he was a caster and I ended up with his equip old and used, digging around today came across his old Lyman 45 that was in dire need of cleaning so it is what I tackled today.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Just got done depriming 45 acp, 45-70, 30-06, 223, & some 32 Winchester special brass and got them tumbled and dried. Hope to get everything trimmed this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    When we moved into the new house I go into a rush to setup the gun room. When I built the benches I never painted them. So today I got them ready and tomorrow I will paint/ seal them up.

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    I received a box of RMR 147 grain jacketed .356 bullets on Friday measure in a few they look like I’m going to like They are round, and the weight is very close I only weighed five I only measured five but the weight was within .2 grains of 146.9. And within .0002” Of round and .356. Compared to the plated bullets from HSM I’m kind of excited about them I’m gonna try them out with probably HS six and small rifle primers from Germany just because I have lots of them and no small pistol. So then I went to the lodge for the weekend slipped on the ice shattered my hip and been in the hospital since. I’m probably not back in Reloding room for a month or so

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Ouch Mandoair. Hope a speedy recovery is yours. My Brother in law went down on his asphalt driveway from black ice. Had to crawl to the front door for help. Take care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

Odd project

I was salvaging a mistake. I have had a 1916 Spanish Mauser in .308W for years but did very little with it. Before I knew better, I bought some surplus military 308W at a gun show then found out the rifle shouldn't use full house .308W. So it sat around for years until I had a discussion with a more experienced reloader friend.
    Today I broke down the rounds, weighed 10 charges and examined the powder, an extruded powder like IMR. The full case charge was 45.5 gr. average which would make the powder 4064-ish. Downloaded the rounds (10%) to a 4064 mid-range 300 Savage load and re-installed bullets.
    Since these are Berdan primed, they will be stored away for SHTF use. I have plenty of .308W cases and H4895 for usable loads in normal circumstances. Waste not, want not.
    God Bless, Whisler

Fun stuff ‼️

Boolit Master
    Tossed some Rust Oleum Professional Oil based smoke gray with hardener on the new bench. Going to take a week to cure. Once it does it will be smooth like glass and hard as one needs a gun bench. What did you think I was going to say.

Been working on fitting a horizontal forearm to my AO WH 1928 [semi-sbr’ed] Thompson. Had a extra long forearm that I picked up that someone else had built for his too heavy long barreled AO 1927 Thompson that also had a part where he could slide a bipod on it. I cut it down and filled his screw holes and half of the sling swivel mortise with pieces from the scrap I cut off. Got the 75 degree bolt hole drilled and mortise cut for the swivel. Might be going to a WW2 military ZSA match soon and want to shoot it and have a sling on it. Used pcc’s to compete but never my Tommy, should be a hoot. As my buttstock is a correct GI 1928 it has a swivel on it. Built the buttplate for it out of a steel Enfield buttplate. Couldn't find a decent priced Thompson gi original.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 02-03-2022 at 07:09 PM.

I hobbled My walker to the top of the stairs leading down to the reloading room and figured it would be one or two weeks before I could try the decent.

Rolled up a box of 32-20 for my Spanish revolver. I used the 100 gr Lee 30 cal boolit, 3.8 gr Promo, and CCI small rifle primers to see how they work. I still have some small pistol, but I tend to ration them.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Nothing in the room itself but did pick up a few pounds of range scrap at my depts pistol range.

Boolit Master
    Spent hours trying to navigate the air gun forums. Guys we have it good here. Those sites are a mess. No info all attitude. I think I know less now than I did when I started.

No reloading just learning, I think.

300 rounds of 45 acp, 230 coated LRN over 4.8 WST.

Pulled out some 520 grain boolits my neighbor gave me for my 45-70. Wasn't sure they would chamber due to the .460 diameter, and there to go into a 1885 Browning which are notorious for having a tight chamber. I lucked out. Seated them at 2.655 and they fit. Not a plunk, but no real resistance when closing the breach either. Should be a fun load I hope. Not fast, only a bit over 1K fps, but with the weight I think it will be good for elk.
    If I like them and their accurate with some work I can pick up the pace on velocity if needed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy
    Sized up and lubed 100 311-291 to shoot up when it finally warms up in my 06

Boolit Master
    sized expanded and primed 50 x 357 mag cases.catch up with my 45-70 brass tomorrow.been a bit lethargic since my dog died and my wife had covid but shes on the mend ,but a bit lost not taking the dog for walks .we both had 3 doses of vaccine but i tested covid free.