RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Loaded 50 357 magnums with h110 and miha hollowpoints.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.

Boolit Master
    After the boys decided to "unload" all of my prior loads - I loaded 125 - 44 Shot shells. Using 5gr of powder and a mixture of #7 1/2 and #12 shot. Tried a different glue on the overshot card and it appears to be a superior choice (ease of application, small volume, quick drying).
    Here's to another round of pigeon hunting with the Steven's!

As an aside, I marked many of these Starline 5 in 1 cases on initial loading. I am currently on the 4th loading of that brass with no signs of failure. They do "bell" the body of the case to fit the chamber from fire forming, but this is easily overcome with my 44 WCF resizing die - so far.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    What are you using for the glue?

Boolit Master
    Belled and primed a few hundred 9X19. Had an awful time with my bench mount APS primer. Took everything apart and could not find a cause. I actually paid for new small primer strips, that must be the problem. I had no problem with the free large primer strips. Murphy, is this one of yours?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by 358429 View Post
    Looking good. You picked a great color too.
    These are my blue Krag's.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Been using a lee deluxe quick trimmer to cut .45 Schofield brass down to .45 cowboy special brass. A very clever tool, works well. I am using a .455 trim die, a couple of washers and a hacksaw to get closer to the correct length before trimming them. I want to use them in my RNWMP Colt NS that has been altered to 45acp. Weird the way it was done as a 1917 .45acp ejector star was fitted to the cylinder which moved the cylinder forward and then the front of the cylinder was trimmed a hair.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 12-06-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    After the boys decided to "unload" all of my prior loads - I loaded 125 - 44 Shot shells. Using 5gr of powder and a mixture of #7 1/2 and #12 shot. Tried a different glue on the overshot card and it appears to be a superior choice (ease of application, small volume, quick drying).
    Here's to another round of pigeon hunting with the Steven's!

As an aside, I marked many of these Starline 5 in 1 cases on initial loading. I am currently on the 4th loading of that brass with no signs of failure. They do "bell" the body of the case to fit the chamber from fire forming, but this is easily overcome with my 44 WCF resizing die - so far.

Your pigeon load looks like a perfect candidate for using water glass as a glue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    I actually used water glass the entire time that I have loaded this ammunition. The issue has been seepage into the shot column since changing from cork to fibre wads. Agree - waterglass is my all time favourite!

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    I actually used water glass the entire time that I have loaded this ammunition. The issue has been seepage into the shot column since changing from cork to fibre wads. Agree - waterglass is my all time favourite!

Dip your fiber wads that you place directly over the shot in melted pariffin. I buy Gulf brand pariffin from Wally. Then I dip a bunch of fiber wads I've cut into it using a sewing needle poked into the fiber was. That way you have a waxed fiber was over shot and then a thin cardboard wad on top of that with water glass sealing it in place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Dip your fiber wads that you place directly over the shot in melted pariffin. I buy Gulf brand pariffin from Wally. Then I dip a bunch of fiber wads I've cut into it using a sewing needle poked into the fiber was. That way you have a waxed fiber was over shot and then a thin cardboard wad on top of that with water glass sealing it in place.
    You're right! And I did try that (the fiber wad became a projectile with the small shot embedded into it) Do you also reload these?

I use to load one of my uncle's smooth bore back in the seventies but I can't remember what caliber it was. He was a reloader since the forties. I learned some of the basics from him though I never really got into reloading until the eighties. He was always having a problem with red squirrels. Don't remember having issues with shot sticking into wad but likely it was. Possibly you could go to a thicker OS card so the water glass does not soak through to the shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Loaded up 400 rounds of 9mm Luger as it snow yesterday and I stayed home because 4” of snow here shuts things down and I know it’s not much but we live on the very tempter coast of Canada we do get snow but not much for not long so when it happens we take snow days Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07523FA4-DAB1-47DE-B942-BB8DFD1E3A7E.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	292777

Putting everything into boxes... Moving from Comiefornia to Indiana...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Should be a good move.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    Good luck and Godspeed!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Decapped 200 44 Mag and loaded 300 9X19. Man them primers are tiny. Seemed to take forever to flip them with my fat fingers. Lost 5 primers to crimps I didn't catch but I was warm and out of the rain.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Resized 600 44-40 Starline cases. A long boring process, but if I want to shoot Lever Action Silhouette again next year it must be done. Glad that I had music and ibuprofen.

Boolit Bub
    gnappi, finally someone beat me at a well stocked (wife calls it messy) loading bench. And I bet you know exactly where everything is.

Just finished up a 30-06 re-barrel to 270 Win for a buddy’s Christmas gift for his son. Did a rust blue, so while I was waiting on the “pass” rust time to be done, reloaded a couple boxes of 270 ammo for the young man to start off with.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Page 522 of 604 FirstFirst ... 22422472512513514515516517518519520521522523524525526527528529530531532572 ... LastLast