MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Loaded 300 rounds of 44 mag using Accurate 43-240AG, sized .432, 10 grains of Universal, for my Henry lever rifle. Very accurate, fun load.

Just finished 50 each of These two - ( Old Lyman "All American" Press, so, 50 of anything feels like quite an accomplishment! )

Intended for .45 ACP Revolver, 141 Grain Ball, and, 165 Grain Wadcutter...7 Grains of 'Unique' each.

Hosted on Fotki

A kind member here mentioned to me, that 'Unique' was not the best choice for these, since they are so Light, so "Face Palm", and, next "Fifty" of each, will be "Red Dot" ( but not 7 Grains, Lol, more like 5...)

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Fired my test rounds today from yesterday‘s loading. Testing small rifle primers in 10 mm xdm 4.5” with 5.3 grains Of HP 38 under 180 grain Barry plated flat nose bullets. Only five rounds of those they seem to work fine had a good group one round went somewhere unknown. The other test HP 38 and CCI 350 magnum primers those worked well too. And a 5.1 grain had the best group. All rounds accounted for.

Boolit Buddy

Sorted my 308 brass. Found out I didn't have as much mil brass as I thought I had, 43 pcs, but it turns out it is all Match brass(LC and FC). Don't know when or where I managed to pick this up. Going thru some other brass found 2 BHA and 1 Kinetic match brass and 1 Lapua (not match). Amazing what you find sometimes. LOL Now to size and load.

Prepping 223 brass. 400+ pcs., annealed, sized, trimmed, uniformed primer pockets, measured necks and sorted. Still have 100 pcs, waiting to be trimmed. Next will be reloading. Then have another 500 pcs to start on.

Was completely out of processed brass and need to get ready for the winter rifle league.

Quote Originally Posted by chsparkman View Post
    Loaded 300 rounds of 44 mag using Accurate 43-240AG, sized .432, 10 grains of Universal, for my Henry lever rifle. Very accurate, fun load.
    I love that boolit... Gonna load some of those guys in the next couple days.
    WWG1WGA

Did the case prep on 200 44 mag cases. I need at least 50 mid range velocity cartridges for the match this weekend. Thinking of making 100 and 100 full tilt rounds...
    WWG1WGA

I read in a forum about citric acid and loving it. Been shining up range brass decapping flairing and then tumbling them with ss media citric acid and having clean inside outside and pockets brass to load. Great fun. Loaded about 300 rds of 9mil for a training session on Friday. Now I’m prepping some 10mm to use too. I’m liking my new xdm Osp and the red dot the more I shoot it. Load down for town and up for the woods. So many new loads so little time. Now to start boolit pouring.

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Well, I managed to cast around 160 Lee 38 acp bullets with the Lee TL-356-95-RF 90672. Geeze that is slow going with a ten pound pot. It took a very long time for three batches of 10# to melt.

I sold my Master Caster before I left Commiefornia. Am trying to decide betwixt a Magma Engineering "Cast Master" vs. "Master Pot."

The Cast Master is $50 cheaper, holds 90# of molten lead and has no mold guides, holds 2x+ the amount of lead. 240v is not a problem in my shop. If I go with that, I plan to mount it on a big piece of oak or 1/4" aluminum plate, and make my own mold guides which is pretty easy to do.

I've read not so nice things about the mold guides for the Master Pot. So why spend $50 more for something you need to modify to suit your needs, that holds less than half the lead of the Cast Master?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

pcmacd
    Last edited by pcmacd; 11-12-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Made 100 mid-range 44 mag cartridges. This load is Unique and is about 1100 fps. They are warm enough that it feels like you are shooting a real gun, but not so hot that they are obnoxious.
    WWG1WGA

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacd View Post
    Well, I managed to cast around 120 Lee 38 spl bullets with the Lee TL-356-95-RF 90672. Geeze that is slow going with a ten pound pot. It took a very long time.

I sold my Master Caster before I left Commiefornia. Am trying to decide betwixt a Magma Engineering "Cast Master" vs. "Master Pot."

The Cast Master is $50 cheaper, holds 90# of molten lead and has no mold guides, holds 2x+ the amount of lead. 240v is not a problem in my shop. If I go with that, I plan to mount it on a big piece of oak or 1/4" aluminum plate, and make my own mold guides which is pretty easy to do.

I've read not so nice things about the mold guides for the Master Pot. So why spend $50 more for something you need to modify to suit your needs, that holds less than half the lead of the Cast Master?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

pcmacd
    Since you already have a shop with 220 and your handy with making mold guides I'd opt for the cast master. I've had a master caster since 2012 and bought the base for the master pot about 3 or 4 years ago because I still hand cast a number of my large bore calibers. But, if I had not already owned a casting pot and was a hand caster I would go for the cast master.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I spoke to a buddy of mine, mentioning a can of powder I had was good for .308 and since I no longer have my 7.62x39mm rifles, my LRP were just sitting around. I don't have a .308, you see. He bought me a set of Hornaday dies, some brass, and some bullets, and I mixed up a few loads for him to try. He found one that cloverleafed at 100 yards out of his rifle, so I'll be loading up about 100 of those for him tomorrow. Good dude. Now if I get my wn .308, I'm all set.

Prepped all my 10mm brass and loaded about 300 rounds with my two stage loading bench. Two rockchuckers. Berry plated 180 gr FP over 5.1 gr of HP 38 with cci 350 LP Mag primers. Light loads but they do shoot good in my XDm.

Boolit Master

Loaded up 100rds of .44Mag Cowboy ammo for My Friend that still shoots it occasionally. Unfortunately I forgot to size the N.O.E. #TL432-247-RF that I'd already PC'd. So Had to stop and size 100 before I could finish loading.
    Guess I forgot to mark that box of bullets not sized. Sized another 100 cases for later too.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    Loaded up 100rds of .44Mag Cowboy ammo for My Friend that still shoots it occasionally. Unfortunately I forgot to size the N.O.E. #TL432-247-RF that I'd already PC'd. So Had to stop and size 100 before I could finish loading.
    Guess I forgot to mark that box of bullets not sized. Sized another 100 cases for later too.
    I have a system. I cast boolits and put them in a ziplock. I write the date cast. Then, I take that bag to the garage and PC the boolits and write that date on the bag. Then I size and write that date on the bag. I know exactly where in the process my boolits are by what is written on the bag...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I have a system. I cast boolits and put them in a ziplock. I write the date cast. Then, I take that bag to the garage and PC the boolits and write that date on the bag. Then I size and write that date on the bag. I know exactly where in the process my boolits are by what is written on the bag...
    I do the same. Casting date on slips of paper on boxes of boolits, replaced by the date the second coat of HiTek gets baked. Boolit weight and sized diameter go on the last slip as well.

Loaded some 338-06 with Horn. 200 grain spire points and imr 4064 for deer hunting. Son got his first deer with my custom mauser.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Buddy
    Not in the reloading shop, but right outside the front door. I fired up the turkey burner and cast iron pot to make ingots. Final tally 121# of range scrap, 60# of COWW, and 40# of solder I scored from a local scrap yard a couple weeks ago for $1.25/lb.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorting a MAJOR score of old compression formed AA shotgun hulls - 9 contractor trash bags full plus a couple of boxes. Estimating 40,000 hulls. Went shopping looking for old reloading equipment - guy had stuff for sale that I already had but mentioned as I was leaving that he had "some" hulls in the garage attic. Got everything he had for less than 3 cents a hull.

Boolit Man
    Today was my first time using an iron mold. It was an old 2 cavity Lyman 358432. Once it heated up it worked fantastic!

Got it for free from a friend who wanted it to go to a good home. I took it home, scrubbed all the rust off, and got it back to working order. I say this about the 358432 but he gave me 3 more I had to clean up as well.

I cast up about about 3/4 of a coffee can. 6 and 8 cavity molds have spoiled me, that's for sure. Going to powder coat some and put some through the Star.

Page 519 of 604 FirstFirst ... 19419469509510511512513514515516517518519520521522523524525526527528529569 ... LastLast