Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Doing the monotonous task of recapping/sizing 4K 223 brass. Lil ways to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

I popped out about 500 disks for the planned 700 for 40 cal gas checks. I have been taking pictures along the way and plan on doing a "How I make gas checks" thread.
    WWG1WGA

Been trying to get a load that works in my No1 Mk3 Enfield sporter soon to become remilitarized I hope. All my lead bullets are too small or too light. It does like 180 gr jacketed though. Going to beagle a mould and try again.

Washing 1/2 a 5gal buckets worth of .300 blk brass, some to load some to sell.

Boolit Master

Scored and found (2) 500 round unopened boxes of speer 250gr swaged, film-coted .452 projectiles. Maybe decade or 2 old..i don't trust the film cote..so I tumble lubed with thinned alox and Felix lube to boost the film cote. I hear these bullets are a hair soft.

Anyone use these older speer swaged bullets?

My Lyman dps 1200 powder dropper became unreliable..just ordered an rcbs chargemaster lite.

Boolit Master
    A friend from this site helped me acquire 4 lbs of 748, 2 lbs of 231, and an archery target to add to the reloading room. Good day.

Installed an AC/Heating unit in my 12x20 shed. It's only an 8000 btu unit but should do the job. It's 95 right now and is going to get hotter. I've done without AC out there for 20 years but I can't take it like I used to.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Installed an AC/Heating unit in my 12x20 shed. It's only an 8000 btu unit but should do the job. It's 95 right now and is going to get hotter. I've done without AC out there for 20 years but I can't take it like I used to.

Slim
    Nice! If not now, when?

I went to the Post Office and my new sizing die and punch had arrived from Lathesmith. I just had to try it. I pin gauged the lead in taper and picked the row of holes I wanted to use and plugged the rest. I pulled the .431" die for the first time since I got the Star and installed Chris's Die. I used the die pulling tool from the bottom to gauge the punch depth and sized 3 boolits. Perfect .3565" with air cooled boolits, just what I asked for.

Worked a full day to, time to hit the rack.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post

Slim
    I can identify with you on dealing with the heat Slim. I'm doing the same here. It's time for some A/C. Even up here at some elevation we've been burning up at temps over 108 just last week.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210616_155349(1).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	285136
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Waiting on parts on my enfield lead ammo reloading project so I’ve been building ammo for tomorrow’s cas shoot, .45 Schofield -.450 Webley and 20 gauge. Planning on shooting my MkIV, MkVI or Wilkinson 1910 and a .450 Constabulary. A couple stages will add a 2in snubnose too so I might use the .450 or a .38 Victory with a 2 inch bbl. Also using a Marlin Model 30 pump sg and a repro 1873 carbine.

Boolit Master
    The $32 RCBS Carbide Pistol Dies arrived today. There are 2 seater stems RNFP and RN so I'm covered for the MP Hollowpoint and the Lee RN. Cool! Going to size some of each later.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Constructed a handful of different .410 brass blackpowder shotshell loads to try out.

Boolit Master
    knocked out a can full of 358156 today they are actually cast in an old ideal mould that I can't make out the numbers its either 35 or 38 156.
    what a pleasure using this antique mould they are all perfect and just drop right out no knocking on the handles to get them to drop from this mould.
    these things shoot really good too out of both my old security six or the old ugly Rossi 92, lubesized and gas checked at .360 with carnauba red with 17 grains of 300mp powder.

Ha, ha! This is a what not to do. I bought a dozen bottles for acetone/coating mix and went to use one yesterday. But noticed what looked like a styrofoam gasket in the cap for a seal. Uh, oh! I put some acetone on it and it took me much longer to type this than that seal lasted and I type pretty fast. I went from going to mix some up and coat some bullets to getting online to find bottles that will work. Oh well, they didn't cost much. This time I added "solvent resistant" to the search terms.

I'd send them to someone who needs them, but the postage would cost more than the bottles are worth. I don't know how Amazon does it.

What didn't work. I saw the HDPE and thought they'd work. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What I bought this time. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Boolit Master
    Deprimed 1000 9mm, cleaned the 270, and powder coated some 30cal hollopoints.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    Scored and found (2) 500 round unopened boxes of speer 250gr swaged, film-coted .452 projectiles. Maybe decade or 2 old..i don't trust the film cote..so I tumble lubed with thinned alox and Felix lube to boost the film cote. I hear these bullets are a hair soft.

Anyone use these older speer swaged bullets?

My Lyman dps 1200 powder dropper became unreliable..just ordered an rcbs chargemaster lite.
    I have shot quite a bit of those Speer soft lead boolits out of 38s & 44s they are fine just don't try to push them to fast and be careful not to squash them when loading .

Processed around 100 or so 270Win brass for a project for a friend at work. He ordered and has received a Savage Axis II, but has not been able to find ammo for it. I had the brass, have powder and primers.....ordered dies and 130gr Hornady SPs, so he'll be set with 100rds., which might last him a while as he's a hunter, not a paper puncher.

He also wants to learn....so I'll invite him over to learn the priming/loading steps. If he continues to be interested, we'll go deeper into brass prep, etc.... These things make me happy.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Made about 700 40 caliber gas checks.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Been trying to get a load that works in my No1 Mk3 Enfield sporter soon to become remilitarized I hope. All my lead bullets are too small or too light. It does like 180 gr jacketed though. Going to beagle a mould and try again.
    Baltimored,
    If you have not already done so, you might want to do a pound-cast of your chamber-throat area and check the dimensions. You've checked the bore size, yes? When I checked my MN-44 I found that the barrel I.D. was 0.317" while the throat was 0.312". Finding a cast boolit load is still an ongoing process, not holding out much hope. Good luck to you!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master

Today I used my brand new nose-sizer set from NOE, nice tooling! I sized some Lee .312-185 to a nose diameter of 0.300" and loaded them over 25.0 gr. of RL-7. I left the bodies full size (as-cast) at 0.314". These rounds chambeed smoothly and cleanly, without resistance in my new Mossberg Patriot. Previously, these boolits were 0.303" nose OD and were difficult to chamber. I'll head to the range later this week if the weatherman is kind!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Page 507 of 604 FirstFirst ... 7407457497498499500501502503504505506507508509510511512513514515516517557 ... LastLast