Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 50 of 604 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150550 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 12078

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Loaded a few 223 and blew up a stump in the backyard with tannerite.
    Haha, sounds like fun!

Boolit Master

Converted some .223 / 5.56 brass to .300 AAC and drank a lot of beer in the process.

Considering the fact that 1000 rounds of processed .330 AAC brass is only about $30 more than the processed 5.56 brass, I'm pretty sure that it is not worth my time doing this. Maybe I just need to prefect my technique to make it faster. Oh well, it's having the *independence* of being able to make it myself and not have to rely on whether a company sells that particular brass. At least that is what I have to keep telling myself.
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 05-29-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I taught one of my best friends how to load handgun ammo tonight. He's loaded rifle but never attempted handgun and asked if I'd show him how it's done. I was only too happy to oblige. He's a great friend and an avid shooter along with his wife and daughter. They both love to shoot as well. He maybe be stuck at the loading bench more now that they know he knows how to load revolver ammo.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Boolit Buddy
    I loaded up a few of the 440gr hp's in the 4" 500 and tried them out on some water jugs. These wer around 12BHN

before

after

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    I loaded up a few of the 440gr hp's in the 4" 500 and tried them out on some water jugs. These wer around 12BHN

before

after

Maybe 12bhn is too hard? What do you think?

Boolit Buddy
    I have some 9bhn I'm gonna try. 12 is definitely too hard

Boolit Master
    House keeping chores, degreased an old Spartan and discovered another of same that I had forgot about.

Boolit Grand Master
    I cast up about 7 pounds of NOE 315-115, a couple more pounds of NEI 32-100swc's. Sized the NOEs and loaded up a box of 327's with 10.2 grains of H-110 and NOE's from the last batch.
    Why is it that the better a boolit shoots, the harder it is to cast? The NOE mold casts like a dream, pre-heat, and bombs away--good boolits from the first cast on, reject rate less than 1%. But the boolits, at least to date have been mildly disappointing. Best groups I have been able to get have been in the 2 inch range at 25 yards. On the other hand, the NEI clings to it's boolits like a mother to a lost child on it's return. I have to repeatedly whack the hinge, and shake the handles to get the boolits to fall out. Particular attention must be payed to where the lead stream hits the sprue plate to insure good base fill out. All in all, it is a cranky, persnickety little booger.
    But the boolits shoot great.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

Did something in the loading room that I haven't done in some time; I loaded up some thutty-thutty ammo for my brother.....with J-words! He's been sending me his WW brass for years since I gave him a 30-30 awhile back and I finally decided the brass and those silly J-words I found in my bench cubbyhole had to go, lol. I load RP brass for my CB thutty-thutty's so I let the WW's pile up until I had 45 of them. Found some J-word loaded rounds in my ammo dump and shot them just to see how they shot. Couldn't recall testing them so I decided I better do so before I loaded up a bunch to send to my brother.
    It wasn't CB's but it was loading, lol!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

I am just getting set up for a new to me caliber, the 45-120. I have a Sharps coming and wanted a few cartridges to try when it arrives. I loaded up a total of four (4) cartridges. Two loaded with 34 grains of SR 4759 and two with 97 grains of 2F KIK black powder. My boolit is a 490 gr Lyman cast with a 25:1 lead/tin mix.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    Prepped 86 pcs of 30BR brass a friend gave me to help me get going on my new-to-me match rifle. Ordered a keg of 322 to fill them up with for load development.

I loaded another batch of 300 Blackout loads that shot a ragged hole on first 50 yard test.
    Second batch performed as well as the first batch did. Ragged hole at 50 yards and over 2400fps.

Boolit Bub
    9 lbs of Lyman No.2 into an old but barely used Ideal 287442.

Boolit Bub
    Cast up 1900 boolits with Lee double cavity molds. 1500 with WW+tin and the remaining 400 with Lino. WW+tin casts real quick, but still struggling to get my temps right for the Lino.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Got my new brass HP 9mm MiHec mold. Broke it in and cast a couple hundred pentas. PC'd them with ESPC mix of HF black and red to make a dark "bing cherry" red. Cool look. Nice mold. I cast for my 9mm M1 and also 38SPL. One mold yields boolits for both sizes by PC'ing.

I use 10 Bhn + PC for all subsonic loads.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Took a couple new NOE molds and left them on the bench. Can't do a thing until the stitches are removed from my thumb.

Boolit Master
    Starting with a full RCBS Pro Melt I cast what looked like about half of the alloy . These were RCBS 22-55-SP Boolits . Let them cool and counted and weighed them, 342 Boolits and 3-1/4 pounds. Next I weighed the sprus, 6-3/4 pounds , total of 10 pounds. Now I know for sure why the pot sems to go down so fast while the pile of Boolits seems to grow so slow.

Ended up casting another 650 plus of these as I was having so much fun.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Case Stuffer View Post
    Starting with a full RCBS Pro Melt I cast what looked like about half of the alloy . These were RCBS 22-55-SP Boolits . Let them cool and counted and weighed them, 342 Boolits and 3-1/4 pounds. Next I weighed the sprus, 6-3/4 pounds , total of 10 pounds. Now I know for sure why the pot sems to go down so fast while the pile of Boolits seems to grow so slow.
    That's interesting... I would not have thought that the sprues ended up weighing more than the bullets when you're casing, but I guess when you're casting .22 caliber bullets, it could work out that way. I normally just toss the sprue back into the pot, so I guess it's not as noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    That's interesting... I would not have thought that the sprues ended up weighing more than the bullets when you're casing, but I guess when you're casting .22 caliber bullets, it could work out that way. I normally just toss the sprue back into the pot, so I guess it's not as noticeable.
    Ha! Just got in my NOE 225-37 mold Saturday. Got it going today and dropped 5 bullets each cast and at least twice that weight in sprues... Yep had a big pile of sprues and a fairly small pile of bullets when I cleaned up table. About 6 pounds of little 37gr gems for my 22tcm. Roughly 1050 in the ice cream bucket.

De-primed and tumbled some 7.62x51 & 7.62x54R casings which means I got to go to the range this past Sunday.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Page 50 of 604 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150550 ... LastLast