Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 601 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    oh yes that is nice. now i can better plan my new bench.

Boolit Buddy
    Went out to work on the drawer for the sizing dies and decided I need drawers for moulds also so I built 4 drawers for moulds. Got the drawers put together and filled the holes. I can now sand and coat the drawers with Danish oil, probably the day after tomorrow as I have appointments in town tomorrow. Then I have to build a cabinet around them. That will be a challenge for me.

Boolit Grand Master

I didn't get down stairs at all today. Between entertaining guest, a Dr appointment and the ache from yesterday, today was a bust!

Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    I'm wrestling with new small base 5.56 dies that appear, to size the case so small. That, I can't seat the primer. Is That possible?

Is it possible that they had military crimps around the primer pocket that need to be dealt with? Just a thought, because I am right in the middle of doing 1000 that were unknown, so I have to do all of them, whew, quite a task.

Boolit Master

Yesterday I reloaded my first Tula steel cased .45acp.

'Brass' was picked up while scrounging the local range. Worked perfectly. Now my curiosity is satisfied.

Boolit Buddy
    Just sat and enjoyed a couple of cold beers thinking about all the things I should be doing .

20 rounds of 38-55. Trying out some new boolits. Hoping one of the charges regulates to the sight elevator steps.
    rr2241tx
    Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Boolit Master
    I'm in the process of packing my casting and loading area up for a move in about a month.

Couldn't sleep past 3:30, so I got up and attacked more of the swaging the primer pockets, I think I am over 2/3 done, then the fun cam begin.

Boolit Buddy
    Opened packages! Got some new Starline brass for 45-70, 5 boxes of factory 45-70 ammo and a die for 45-70 that all came from my trade for the Marlin LTD V.

Boolit Grand Master

Boxed up a package of bullets. Opened up a package that contained 30-30 and 444 Marlin Brass. Bagged up the new to me brass and placed them in the appropriate storage boxes. Hoping to have some free time this weekend to convert the 444 brass to 356 Winchester.

Boolit Man
    I started setting up my casting area. I have been buying some equipment and doing a lot of reading. I haven't ordered a pot yet, but I'm getting there. I set this hood up so I can open the window and pop the wood in so it can vent to the outside when casting. When I open the window on the other side of the basment, it works great. Variable speed squirrel cage blower up to 600 cfm should do it.

Boolit Master
    AFK, if you can find a retired forced air furnace, get the blower unit from it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    AFK, if you can find a retired forced air furnace, get the blower unit from it.
    Complete overkill. A small drive will move 1200 CFM on average. They come in 3 ton and 5 ton from the manufacturers. You don't need to move three tons of air. Remember that you need to makeup any air that you exhaust. I've found no need for a hood over my casting pot. It doesn't produce any toxic fumes. The only thing that goes into it is lead.

Boolit Man
    Well, I work at an appliance store and this was a damaged unit that was going to get scrapped anyway so I figured it couldn't hurt to hang it. It's a handy thing to have in the shop for other things as well. I am very familiar with make-up air also. It is becoming part of the building code around here. Anything over 400 cfm now requires a make-up air system.

Boolit Grand Master

I have quite a few squirrel cages mounted to 4x4s. They make great fans in the warmer months. Thankfully I rarely have to use them because I haven't been installing equipment for over a decade.

Boolit Master
    I dont understand where the 3 and 5 ton comes in. I built an air recirculator out of an older furnace blower unit over my den that moves the warm air from the wood burning stove to other parts of the house. I have it wired on the slowest fan speed. and by the way, I do not cast in doors.

I made a list

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    I dont understand where the 3 and 5 ton comes in.
    Those are the sizes the blowers come in. Basically the small units can handle up to 3 tons of AC. The larger ones can handle 5 tons. Companies like Trane and Carrier have the specs in the model number. You don't get a furnace that's matched perfectly to your AC size. They give you two sizes to cover them all. A real small furnace like a 40k BTU will most likely have a two ton drive in it. But they are oddball furnaces. Yes, the motors are multispeed. But even on low they move to much air for a hood application. They are also loud.

Boolit Master
    the blowers I am referring to are pre Forced air A/C blowers. +20 year old furnaces.

Page 5 of 601 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105505 ... LastLast