Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 49 of 604 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Reloaded 21 rds of 577-450. Those case's are on their 10th reload, and their made from Magtech 24ga brass

Tumbled 355 rds of 44 mag brass with product new to me. Good results. Neck sized, sorted out culls, decapped, cleaned out primer pockets and weighed primer residue removed. Another day in paradise.

Banned

Made a shooting rest. Tired of the low have to lay down on the bench rest. I like to sit up as far as possible especially shooting my ML'ers.

Added an 8# jug of I4198 powder to to mix, gotta figure what I want to do with it...

Boolit Buddy
    Got the concrete poured Friday evening for the floor to enclose an open bay for my woodworking shop. Getting all of the woodworking tools and lumber out will really free up space for the casting/reloading, plus reduce the sawdust that gets on everything. Framing should start Wednesday or so.

Boolit Bub
    Hmmm...tumbled some 9mm, 38 and 45 colt brass. Note to self....don't do that. The 45 brass eats the 9 and 38 brass... Lol.
    Cast and powder coated some 105 grain .358 bullets from wheel weight. First time water dropping these bullets after I pulled them out of the oven from powder coat. Had a serious case swaging issue with 9mm-even with using a 38 S&W expander plug. Happy to say the water quenched bullets did not swage.
    Loaded some rounds of all the above calibers mentioned. Can't say enough about the satisfaction I get from shooting my own loads at the range. My little way of sticking it to the retail gods...
    Would've never considered shooting 45 colt if I hadn't gotten into casting and reloading...went from 35 bucks a box retail to a little over 5 bucks a box from the loading room.

Boolit Mold
    Added a separate taper crimp die to my 9mm turret disk and tinkered around with the setup.

Boolit Grand Master

Wandered in there yesterday, looked around and decided it looked like fun. Next thing I knew it was dark outside and I'd missed a few calls and text messages. (Reloading room a no-phone zone) That was nice!
    Took some dirty cases from last range trip to loaded rounds, now have 32WS, 38-55 and 35 Whelen loads ready for my next range trip. Weather not looking good for this weekend, may need to think about a bit of casting instead. If my place ever dries up it will take a couple of days to mow it, won't happen by this weekend!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded up some 308 and 45/70 for an upcoming range trip. Recharged my dessicant packs (wife called me this morning asking what these "canister things" were in the oven......) and forgot to put them back in the safe. Fondled a few guns and wiped them down with oil. Swept. Organized the bench. Used a coathanger to pull the disc that pushes the lube down on a LAM2 out of the bottom of the lube resevoir. How it came off is a mystery. Reloaded it with Randy Rat's Tac 2 since I'm out of his Tac X. My son was pouring water out of the tub as he thought it was funny when I had my back turned so I had a small puddle of water down there I cleaned up. I was really irritated cause some had splashed up on my 3 8# jugs of powder, but there is no way it contaminated it. Thats about it.

Boolit Buddy

Started teaching my neighbors 15 yr old son reloading. We loaded some bee killer loads, because a couple of years ago took him bee hunting and he really enjoyed it. Talked to his step dad when he came to pick him up about all of us going bee shooting. Said his grandfather used to reload, so maybe got a couple more interested in shooting and reloading. Actually that was last night, but will be loading more bee killers today, nasty weather, no outside work today.

Boolit Bub

I took 2 OK MEC 600JRs and made one real nice one and one that works. (Back up unit). Rebuilt my MEC Super sizer. I had a shotgun kinda day.

It has been raining here in Utah for so long, that I just went out to reloading room and done some cleaning. Wish it would stop raining so I could go shot and then I would have something to reload.

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded a few 223 and blew up a stump in the backyard with tannerite.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Tried out a new Lee 452-255 gr. mold, cast 7 to 8 lbs. of decent boolits for the Vaquero, made some 45/45/10 using recluses recipe (thanks!). Loaded a dozen 148 gr. HBWC with 2.7 gr. of titegroup to try out. Have better than half of what looked to be a box of 500 of these, figure to see how they shoot, see if wife (or myself) likes them, see what load is accurate. Find a half box of some bullet or another for cheap and it can lead to a 1/2 day of reading and fiddly farting around to get a dozen rounds ready to test. Appreciate the information that others have provided here on the HBWC that gave me all that reading material.

Loaded 20 of each 158 and 125 grain 38 special with enough Unique to provide a bit more oomph. Not max but past 1/2 way toward it. Just want to try out a few rounds with a bit more zip.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Man
    Powder coated 400ish 45 acp pills and deprimed 500ish 9mm cases. Bench is in need of a good cleaning/organizing!

Powder coated 424 NOE 358-155 HP's and loaded 50 tests rounds for some chrono tests.

Boolit Buddy
    Just finished up sizing and re lubing 500- 200grn. rnfp to feed the Blackhawk. The gun just purrs when I feed it these with 7 grns. of Bullseye.

Boolit Master

Vacuumed up the primers that missed the tube in my Lee classic, also the **** sawdust the son left from building something.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up some 7.62x54r with the NOE 311331 and Vectan Ba9 in the hopes that tomorrow will be dry, but I probably jinxed that chance by loading something for a range trip. It is going to be one heck of a test round trip whenever it dries out on a day I can go shooting.

Boolit Buddy
    I modified my lee 440gr rf mold to make some of these...

The first one didn't turn out so only one of the cavities are good.

Page 49 of 604 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149549 ... LastLast