Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 41 of 604 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Loaded 71 rounds of 30/06 with 201 grn Rnfp GC'ed, loaded with H-4831. Nice mild load, half inch at 50 yds!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

cleaned some of the mess.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Grand Master

Started testing Vectan GM3 in a 14-4 38sp I got a little while ago. Works very good
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I am waiting on reloading components, my casting setup is still behind a huge pile of snow out in the shed. It was cold and rainy all day Saturday so. Having bought an NRA gun record book a while back I recorded all my guns sorted out the stack of records and receipts. took photos of new acquisitions and made sure everything is up to date. It is good to know what you have what it looks like and what you think it's worth. not planning on going anyplace soon but it feels good to know my wife wont be completely lost if I do. right now she only knows there is a place in the basement where I keep my stuff can't remember her ever actually setting foot in there.
    Why Johnny Ringo you look like someone just walked over your grave.

Boolit Bub
    resized & de-primed 100 40-70SS cases then ran them through the wet tumbler a couple of times to wash & rinse. They are hanging to dry now. Time to stuff them and get them ready for my better half to shoot them up.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up a couple of boxes of 7.62x54r with Vectan A0 and Ba9 and the NOE 311331 to see how they compare to my accuracy load of 11gr of Unique in my M28-76. Maybe one of them will turn out to be my new accuracy load. The manufacturer mentions the powders are good for cast in rifles; so we shall see.

Boolit Grand Master

Heat-cycled a new NOE mould! I did some loading last weekend but between yardwork, taxes and heavy rains a range trip didn't have a chance of happening. Maybe next weekend.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded 40 rounds of 458 socom. My cast boollits aren't working so I got some Hornadys to sooth my ego until I get time to adjust my molds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

Cast some 358140 20:1 and water dropped them this morning to try out in my pistol over gm3 to see if that will get rid of the slight leading before changing a batch of alloy
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Loaded 150 rounds of 223 for the AR but these are J words. Resized some cast for the 223 also. Need to cast a lot more of those.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Bub

I finally got through all 41 pages of this thread, now I need to go do research on this powder coating of bullets. Seems not right to me somehow but then again I need to get out more.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DonMerlin View Post
    I finally got through all 41 pages of this thread, now I need to go do research on this powder coating of bullets. Seems not right to me somehow but then again I need to get out more.

Yup Powder coat is good stuff, it just needs to stop raining so I can cast more so they can be powder coated so I can get to the range and send them down rang so I can cast some more and be able to powder coat them again.

Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy
    I spent the last two days building a shelf unit to hold ammo, so spent time cleaning the reloading room. Sawdust everywhere!

In Remembrance

Loaded 200 rounds of 380.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Bub
    I caste about 50 usable hollow based .455 Webley boolits. Both mould and lead need to be hot to get usable boolits.

Boolit Master
    Had just enough time to cast 100 boolits for my .32 mag.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Getting ready for 2nd quarter AZ club shoot on Sat.

Loaded up a couple hundred 38SPL's for my new S&W 357 magnum revolver to check the sites. (laser bore sites are nice, but you cannot beat real lead flying downrange to final check your settings!) All weights of 358 boolits packed with ETR7. And to run thru my 38/357 carbine.

Loaded 100 rounds of 30-30 with different loads for 170 gn 14 Bhn PC'd boolits. Playing with ETR7 for sonic and full loads of X-Termiator and LeverEvolution. All slugs Cu GC'd.

And 150 rounds of 223's for the Mossy lever rifle in both Bator plinking and full X-Terminator FMJ loads. Just so the gun does not get lonely!

bnager-j
    Last edited by bangerjim; 04-10-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Walked by. E-scale noticed my presence so I weighed a boolit and walked out, closed the door. I'm one tax return and a NASCAR race away from doing a bit of casting.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Not so much of what I did today but working a few hours every evening this past week I finished preparing 1000 300Blk cases from indoor range pickup 223 brass. If I don't do anything in my workshop every evening I get weirded out as I feel I have not been productive.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Mold
    Sand casted a 1.5" cannnon ball but where is the line between cannon ball and boolit drawn
    A government fearful of its citizens is the only good government.

Page 41 of 604 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141541 ... LastLast