WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 18 of 604 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by RKJ View Post
    Jack, That was something I hadn't thought of, but I may have to do that. Most likely if I do get the RCBS I'll try to sell the Dripomatic to some new (unsuspecting) caster that doesn't cast that much and doesn't want to spend a bunch of money. (Tongue in cheek)

triggerhappy243
    , If I tried Ladle casting, I'd probably drip the lead onto my hand.

Seriously, most times I can time the drips and slow them down, but the condiment cup I use for the drips would lets the drip hit and then splatter out at me. Having molten lead come whizzing at your head is a tad unnerving.

Is it the 10 or 20lb pot? I've read that a good cleaning and checking of the valve usually helps. Also, I'd put a sheet pan under the whole thing when casting and just pick off the drips when they start to pile up.

I rolled up fifty rounds for my 7.62 Nagant. I use the 100 gr Lee RN, LLA lube, 5.3 gr Unique. I'm still having trouble with the long, skinny cases buckling somewhat when I seat the boolit. I cured that by running them through the sizer die one more time; it's fussy work, but now they all chamber well.

Wayne

PS: I used the new cases my kids sent me for Xmas. They sure do love me!
    Last edited by WRideout; 01-15-2015 at 07:48 AM. Reason: more information
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Pan lubed some 45 Acp with Ben's Red. Dropped a boolit. Got down on all fours to get it. Saw a bag hanging under the reloading table. This was inside.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_2069.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	127522 Unopened bag of new 44mag cases and 50 new nickel plated.Price on the unopened bag read $17.95 .
    Last edited by jabo52521; 01-15-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Is it the 10 or 20lb pot?
    It's the 20 lb. one. I think it does need cleaning as it didn't use to be this bad. The way I've got it set up I don't think a cookie pan will fit. I do need to find something with higher walls.

Quote Originally Posted by jabo52521 View Post
    Pan lubed some 45 Acp with Ben's Red. Dropped a boolit. Got down on all fours to get it. Saw a bag hanging under the reloading table. This was inside.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_2069.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	127522 Unopened bag of new 44mag cases and 50 new nickel plated.Price on the unopened bag read $17.95 .
    That's like finding $$$ in one of your old coats. Hidden Treasure!

Found a wheel weight in Taco Bueno's parking lot.

Aha! Business is picking up!

Boolit Master
    . The way I've got it set up I don't think a cookie pan will fit. I do need to find something with higher walls.
    Try one of those Lodge cast iron "ashtrays / spoon holder" things. They work really well and fit well, too.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Um……created indoor lightning!!!!! Seems there is a difference between 12v dc and 120 ac
    PS I will post more as I continue to build my PID.

Boolit Buddy
    I did something that is reinforcing to me and may be helpful to someone. For many years now most of the powder I use for rifle and pistol - especially pistol - and a little of what I use for shotgun has been from yard sales. As a matter of fact I have far too much powder but I seldom if ever pay more than $1 per pound. Several years ago, without anything ever having gone wrong, I discontinued buying powder in containers that had been opened. More recently when I happen to buy ammo at yard sales I don't shoot the reloads (but I do buy all ammo regardless of caliber as I always know someone who can use it). Today I loaded up enough shotshells for the week and then I disassembled some pistol ammo. A few weeks ago I found at a yard sale a very nice, complete Lyman 310 kit in the display carton. It has been used but not much, and the carton - from the 1950's maybe - is in great shape as well. A nice old hunting knife was thrown in and a wooden box with .44 magnum reloads; mixed brass, 240 grn swaged bullets, unknown (of course) primers. In disassembling the cartridges I weighed the powder in one and it came in at 27 grains as I have never put that many grains of any powder in a .44 cartridge. I haven't tried to identify the powder. But it may well be a stouter load than I want to shoot. As I become older I become more cautious and (arguably) wiser. It was all still a great haul for $8 - the asking price. My yard sale addiction has no apparent cure.

It's the 20 lb. one. I think it does need cleaning as it didn't use to be this bad. The way I've got it set up I don't think a cookie pan will fit. I do need to find something with higher walls.
    Would a metal 9x13 baking pan work? Also, restaurant supply stores have REALLY big stuff. That may be more $$ than you want to invest. If you decide to give up on the Lee, pm me.

Boolit Grand Master

Some cleaning brushes arrived from Amazon. So I put them in the drawer and realized I need to get rid of the big kit in a wooden box. It's taking up to much space in the drawer and I don't use anything in it anymore.

Boolit Mold
    First time casting. Cast about 60 rounds of 45cal. 230gr round nose for my New model Blackhawk.
    New lee production IV bottom pour pot and double cavity mold worked great, with only first two boolits had to go back in pot
    But, i did the research and got some great tips from the forums. Some times
    it's better to be lucky than good. We'll find out after tomorrows session.

Boolit Mold
    Are the rounds hanging up in the gun?
    I've owned 2 AR-15's and have never found the need for small base dies, but every situation is different. I use just a standard .223/5.56 Lee three die set

Boolit Master
    Played with a low velocity explosive, vegetable fiber wads, large quantities of extruded brass, leveraged presses, dies, couple pounds of lead, copper, tin, arsenic, precision scales, drop tubes, wax based lubricants, hot plates, ignition initiators, and organized a large quantity of very old coins.

Then I got in my truck and drove into the sunset.

D

No craters were formed during this undertaking. No animals were harmed. One spider was converted to existence in only 2 dimensions.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Buddy
    My reloading room (we call it the man cave) is a multipurpose room. First I made one more frame to surround those plastic nut and bolt storage drawers, so I will have 3 with pine wood frames around them to make them look nice and match the walls somewhat. I then turned my attention to the reloading area. I cleaned up the oil on the 5 sizing dies I got in a couple of days ago from a guy that custom makes them. I then sized 30-30 and 45/70 bullets I had cast previously. I ordered some sample packs of checks from Vulcan so put checks on some and left some without. We will see how they work. For the 30 caliber they had 3 different types, 2 aluminum and 1 copper and just one type of aluminum for the 45. I then put some things away. I moved things around so I could fit the ww231 and trailboss in with the rest of the powder.

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded up 6 45lc with 454190 over 4.6gr Trailboss and 6 358158 over 3.2gr Trailboss to try out the powder I got on Christmas vacation
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Used up the last of the 225462 bullets into the gallery loads today , loaded almost a M . Total count into federal cases is just shy of MMMD . Final cleanup in the tumbler , paint the cans and I can call this one done .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

My reloading "room" is also known as the garage. Walked by my loading bench about 30 times today while using my chop saw and table saw. Spent all afternoon installing wood flooring in the dining room and had to trim many pieces and even re-milled a few so I could use up the scraps. Never did anything gun or reloading related.

Boolit Master
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Page 18 of 604 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118518 ... LastLast